Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2007   #1
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
Thumbs up western european setting?

I don't remember where but I read a suggestion of the game taking place in Europe. I was thinking they wouldn't want the game to be too much like that one game in London (I forgot the title) and would probably come up with something better than GTA London. After watching the Black Donnellys last night, I would like the main character to be a guy in an Irish crime family. Irish guys are pretty tough and it would be something different than an Italian mobster or west coast gangmember.
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #2
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
True, and I believe the game your talking about is The Getaway? Never watched this Black Donnellys program before. Is it any good?
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #3
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah it would be pretty awesome, though we still have to wait and see when the trailer comes out. Hope i won't be disappointed
Old 03-07-2007   #4
UnleadedPenguin

UnleadedPenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
I reckon it won't be set in London. I'll be a completely new city, one we haven't played in before. GTA's 1 & 2 established the principal GTA cities (LC, VC, SA) and GTA3, VC, & SA were Rockstar finally realising their dreams of rendering those original cities in 3D. GTA London, GTA Advance, LCS & VCS were pretty much just add-on packs to the main games so they can't be counted. R* will take the franchise forward by creating a new city, but judging by previous tradition it will be a thinly-veiled parody of an existing metropolis (usually in the US).
Old 03-07-2007   #5
Scott

LC, VC and SA were all in the original GTA. GTA2 was set in Carcer City I believe and GTA London was an add-on like LCS and VCS, you needed GTA2 to play it.
Old 03-07-2007   #6
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Well LCS and VCS were their own games, not add-ons. London: 1969/61 were mission packs that required GTA (the original) to play.
Old 03-07-2007   #7
Scott

Oh, I thought GTA London needed GTA2 to play.

Was GTA2 set in Carcer City? I know it was set in the future, but I'm not sure whether it was Carcer City.
Old 03-07-2007   #8
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Yeah it was futuristic Carcer City, but not too much into the future. 2010 or something maybe.
Old 03-07-2007   #9
Scott

Ahh.

Which would leave me to believe Carcer City is a big possibility for GTAIV.

Where's Carcer City supposed to be anyway? Detroit, Chicago..?
Old 03-07-2007   #10
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Carcer City is supposed to be like a mix of New Jersey and New York, or something of that sort.
Old 03-07-2007   #11
I'm a Robot
Look down the barrel and
Loyal Member

I'm a Robot is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Carcer City is supposed to be like a mix of New Jersey and New York, or something of that sort.
I'd say more New Jerseyish than New Yorkish.
Old 03-07-2007   #12
Scott

Ahh I had thought as much. Because the bank at the start of GTAIII looked like the Bank of AMerica or whatever it's called in NY.

Also Slim, I get this very odd feeling like you'd love a New Jersey setting. For some reason..
Old 03-07-2007   #13
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Probably because he lives there
Old 03-07-2007   #14
DJ Nick
Hellloooo

DJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enough
Its kinda strange, the game is made in Scotland, yet they haven't made one set in Scotland
Old 03-07-2007   #15
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo
I don't remember where but I read a suggestion of the game taking place in Europe. I was thinking they wouldn't want the game to be too much like that one game in London (I forgot the title) and would probably come up with something better than GTA London. After watching the Black Donnellys last night, I would like the main character to be a guy in an Irish crime family. Irish guys are pretty tough and it would be something different than an Italian mobster or west coast gangmember.

<3 you for mentioning the irish.
+Rep.