Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2007   #1
Scott

The Lead Character..

What do you want, and what do you think it will be?

I'm thinking possibly Asian. In III and SA there were Triads/Yakuza. Maybe this time the story will focus on that element. (Can't remember a Chinese Mafia in VC)

Ideally I'd like a suave clean cut mafia lead character. I think Mafia style is awesome, executions, loan "repayments", etc.

Another possibility is the same route as GTAIII. A no-name character who's not really on anyones side.

Though I'd like the character to speak, tbh.
Old 03-06-2007   #2
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Someone similar to Claude and Tommy, maybe a mix of the two or something, but one that speaks for sure. I'm expecting an awesome storyline for GTA IV.
Old 03-06-2007   #3
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
I'd really like to go down the mafia storyline again, a Italian - American would be nice.

Though I can see where you're going with the Asian character and story. It'd be interesting, a definate possibility.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #4
Scott

Yeah it is. But I'm not sure if I'd like it.

My ideal would be:

White male late 20's. Just got out of jail after a Mafia sting, and is welcomed back to the family. But. You don't start off on the bottom rung. You start off near the top, and the family is killed from the top down, sparing you, say 1/6 into the game. You then rebuild your family and take back the streets, finally becoming Don at the end of the game.
Old 03-06-2007   #5
GTA Mike
Eh?

GTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to behold
Something similar to Tommy

or a Hispanic character
Old 03-07-2007   #6
Jon P
Free your mind up

Jon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud of
I want either an asian, italian, or hispanic character
Old 03-07-2007   #7
Extremer
Addicted Member

Extremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to all
An italian. He needs to be as badass as Tommy and as cool as Claude.
Old 03-07-2007   #8
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Actually come to think of it an Asian character may not be so bad. American Asian is probably for the best of the game though. Somebody like Woozie, with normal eyes though.

Not another Nick Kang IMO
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #9
fluff
Dead Milkman

fluff is an unknown quantity at this point
i think he should be a nice guy mixed up in bad shit( a bit like vic vance )
he could have a nice job and wife.but then some gang kills his wife and he goes out to get revenge.

his wife could of been the daughter of a mafia boss, and he joins the mafia to get revenge on the gang that killed her

Bow chick bow wow
fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #10
Rylo
Legendary Mem- Oh wait :(
Banned

Rylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the rough
I think what scott said is actually a pretty nice idea. I'd enjoy being an Italian badass like Tommy in the Mafia.
Rylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #11
UnleadedPenguin

UnleadedPenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
We'll probably see Claude again. I hope we do, because seeing him in SA reminded me how goddamn cool he is. Having a talking character means you have to give them emotions, meaning that the player is distanced from the story experience. Claude's silence meant you could imagine you were him. At least, I did. I didn't start running around shooting cops though...

If it is Claude I hope he can bloody well swim this time!
Old 03-07-2007   #12
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Yeah it is. But I'm not sure if I'd like it.

My ideal would be:

White male late 20's. Just got out of jail after a Mafia sting, and is welcomed back to the family. But. You don't start off on the bottom rung. You start off near the top, and the family is killed from the top down, sparing you, say 1/6 into the game. You then rebuild your family and take back the streets, finally becoming Don at the end of the game.
That's not a bad idea Scott Most storyline ideas I read really.. suck. This one is pretty damn decent though +Rep if I don't have to spread.
Old 03-07-2007   #13
Scott

Thanks duuuuuuude.

If it was like that, I wouldn't want it to be any sort of godfather shit.

Just like GTAIII. Assasinations, hits, etc. To work your way up you have to take turf, but nothing like the SA gang wars. Controlling the businesses and drug running gets you turf.

I need Mafia.
Old 03-07-2007   #14
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

I know what you're saying. The action player is what everyone wants, not a Godfather type who sits and gives orders instead of taking action. Tommy Vercetti, he pulled off both which is one thing that made his character so great. A boss not afraid to take risks, including his own life. In GTAIII you took the orders and completed them, that's what I want the most in GTA IV.
Old 03-07-2007   #15
Scott

The Salvatore mission was so awesome. Assasinating the Don of the Mafia for the Yakuza, after he tried to kill you.

That's what type of stuff needs to be in IV.

Say, you lend someone money, and they dont pay. You go and find them in a restaurant and kill them.

I'm hyping myself too much. I still have months to wait.