Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2007   #1
kalifa

kalifa is on a distinguished roadkalifa is on a distinguished road
Drooling for GTA4 pix (and waiting for PC!!!!)

Finally, GTA4 on the horizon... been playing gtasa to death, finished it 100% 5 times already on my PC best gtasa version).

Odd, there have been absolutely no worthy mentions of a PC version (that I know of), which I must admit has me a bit nervous, since Microsoft x360 would compete with Windows XP/Vista. Just hope MS doesn't pull it's own x360 exclusivity against a Windows version.

Anyone else out there planning (waiting) to get the PC version, like myself?
kalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #2
m_richy66
I hate censorship!

m_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enough
A PC version should come I guess but I'm not worried about it.
Old 03-06-2007   #3
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
I believe the PC port will come around mid-2008.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #4
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I agree with Asif, all the major/Rockstar North (whatever you prefer) GTA games have been released on PC approx 9 months after their initial console release. I imagine GTAIV should be similar as it's bound to be a huge money spinner. Could even require Vista thus "encouraging" some PC gamers to upgrade, but now I'm speculating. :/
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #5
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Yeah, I am worrying if this game would need a DirectX 10 compatible Video card to run on.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #6
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Once the trailer comes out maybe we'll have an idea as the PC versions are usually just scalled up from the console version.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #7
ivar87
CLOVER ROCKER
Amateur Member

ivar87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Inside I know it'll be released for the PC, doing the opposite would be a really really big let down to a huge part of the GTA community.
But I haven't thought about Vista exclusive, that's a little disappointing :/
Vista is pointless at the moment, and I believe it'll be as pointless in 08. So I wouldn't want to buy it.
I heard there's going to be an even newer Windows coming out in late 08 or 09 so yea, bla bla bla Carrying myself off here.
Old 03-06-2007   #8
kalifa

No, actually the PC (and xbox) versions of any of the GTAs came out later because Sony had an exclusivity clause with Rockstar as I understand it. That's why we had to wait a whole 'nother year for the games.

As far as a Vista only version, I think MS is really gonna push for it. I too don't see any use for Vista (yet) it's mostly a cosmetic upgrade. I guess has other cool interesting stuff, but not enough to warrant an upgrade (yet).

Regarding DX10, some developers say that there's not much of a difference between it and DX9, that most of the visual stuff is still doable with DX9. Also, I've read that these new consoles are not at a DX10 level better that DX9, but not DX10.

PC hardware to be needed: Considering the fact that these new consoles all have multiple core CPUs, If you're planning to upgrade, you better get at least a dual core CPU and DX9c class vid card.

But yes, we'll first need to see any images of the actual game..... drooling....... wiping.......drooling....
Old 03-06-2007   #9
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Now...that exclusivity clause doesn't apply just to PS..it should be interesting...I project huge sales for this game...I mean..ridiculously huge..

Does any one know if it will be released on the current Gen systems..like Playstation 2 and Xbox ??
Old 03-06-2007   #10
kalifa

Current Gen consoles... hmmm don't think so, seeing as Rockstar stated that they're "gonna reach a level of detail that the other GTAs only hinted at". So cramming gta4 on systems that could barely handle gtasa...

They 'd have to scale down textures, models, world detail and at that point it'll look nothing like its NEXTGEN counterparts.

I don't think so. At most, an eventual GTA San Andreas stories (maybe) for the PS2, after the PSP.