Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2007   #1
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
Anyone have the boxart pic?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone can get a picture of the GTAIV boxart. About 2 weeks ago I was walking by a Gamestop here by school and I saw ads for GTAIV and Halo3 on the door. I've been out of the GTA scene for a couple years so I assumed it was old news to you guys, but it was new to me. I was excited though so when I got home I went to gtagaming to see information on it and I see there isn't any. Furthermore I couldn't find the boxart ANYWHERE. I didn't have a camera with me that day and after that was spring break, so today is my first day back at school. I checked out the Gamestop at lunch and the boxart is gone

So I was wondering if anyone has seen it and has been able to capture a photo of it.
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #2
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
The boxart for GTA IV isn't released, you might of saw something else..
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #3
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
No, I'm sure it was the GTAIV boxart. I'm just wondering how it was on Gamestops door but not anywhere else.
Old 03-05-2007   #4
.:Razor:.
Banned
Banned

.:Razor:. is on a distinguished road.:Razor:. is on a distinguished road.:Razor:. is on a distinguished road
These are just the black cover versions, the official boxart hasn't been released yet.

PS3 version.

Xbox 360 version.
.:Razor:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #5
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Well I don't know then, Rockstar hasn't officially released the boxart for GTA IV.
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #6
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Holy crap, It's Kodo! Anyway, yeah, only the blank box art has only been released at the moment, Slim made a really good fake boxart which many websites and people thought was real so maybe the shop used that?
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #7
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Long time no see eh.

No boxart yet, and probably won't be one until like May or later.
Old 03-05-2007   #8
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Alright, Casey told me you told him about a box art you saw in Game Stop or something (nice to see you btw )

It wasn't any of mine was it?
Old 03-05-2007   #9
Kodo

Okay, after class I went back to the store, and I asked the employee where the GTAIV ad went. He said they removed it because it indeed wasn't official art. He brought it out to me and upon closer inspection I saw it was just a composite of past GTA characters with a GTAIV logo overlayed on them. I didn't notice this before because I saw it just in passing and like I said I have been out of the scene so I didn't think to stop and stare at it. It's too bad it wasn't real but at least it built up more antipation to see the actual boxart for me.

Anyway sorry for the false alarm, I hope I didn't upset anyone. I'm actually disappointed though.
Old 03-05-2007   #10
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Well I'm upset that it wasn't mine If it had actually spread into stores I wouldn't even be sure how exactly to react.
Old 03-05-2007   #11
Rylo
Legendary Mem- Oh wait :(
Banned

Rylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the rough
Holy crap, it's Kodo! Slim made a boxart that spread across the internet as the real thing, but R* has yet to publish the official boxart. Wait a couple of months.
Rylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #12
Rurouni
Most Wanted

Rurouni is on a distinguished roadRurouni is on a distinguished road
hahahaha I found this one on Photobucket
some guy I dont know made it

Youtube Account - ADD
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #13
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Not too bad I guess.
Old 03-05-2007   #14
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Wow, Kodo

I can't wait to see the boxart. I hope it's the same style as the rest of the GTA's. I'm sure it will be tbh.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #15
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Hm, some nice vector on that box art, but isn't really similar to Rockstar's style, and the GTA IV logo should be larger, plus no ESRB rating logo or Rockstar logo.