Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2007   #46
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Well there is no official "font" really to represent anything yet, unless you count the font used in "trailer" and the countdown on the official site, or just judging by the looks of that IV, which I assume was really only to make a more visually appealing "IV" for the site.
Old 03-04-2007   #47
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
It would be nice if it were 1 city in USA, 1 city in Europe and 1 city in south america. Then you could travel by boat or plane between them.

I hope the GTA IV will take place in the 2000's or maybe the late 90's.

And I would also like an idea where you follow a character through a trilogy. It could start in the 70's, where the character would be aged 20-25. Then the next GTA could be set in the 80's-90's then the last one in present time.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #48
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Virus
It would be nice if it were 1 city in USA, 1 city in Europe and 1 city in south america. Then you could travel by boat or plane between them.

I hope the GTA IV will take place in the 2000's or maybe the late 90's.

And I would also like an idea where you follow a character through a trilogy. It could start in the 70's, where the character would be aged 20-25. Then the next GTA could be set in the 80's-90's then the last one in present time.
Yeah that would be pretty awesome, though would use alot more space for textures but thanks to Bluray or HD-DVD it can be done. Also the new Animation Synthesis will cut down on the size of the animations alot
Old 03-04-2007   #49
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin
Jesus. I don't think India or Bangladesh are very vehicle oriented, are they not?
They are, actually. Not as much as the United States or UK, but they definitely are.

Like I said, it'd be interesting to see how they'd recreate the atmosphere, traffic jams, rik-shas, 'n stuff like that. But language would be an obstacle if they were trying to be realistic.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #50
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Conception
They are, actually. Not as much as the United States or UK, but they definitely are.

Like I said, it'd be interesting to see how they'd recreate the atmosphere, traffic jams, rik-shas, 'n stuff like that. But language would be an obstacle if they were trying to be realistic.

man I hate being caught in a traffic jam anyways... it would suck being caught in one playing GTA....
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #51
Ipenguin

Ipenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
How about the great lakes instead of the oceans in the game .... Chicago, Cleveland, and Detroit? Chicago could be like the mob contoled city. Cleveland and Detoit could be more street gang contoled.

Ipenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #52
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
That's actually a great idea, Ipenguin. I forgot all about those cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah m5
I'm hoping for a setting somewhere in the US and hopefully in the mid 2000's. Of course I'm sure it'll be great wherever/whenever it's based, I'm just hoping for a more modern feel to the game.
I agree. While Vice City was cool in that it was set in the 80s, I found it easier to relate to some of the stuff going on in GTAIII and Liberty City Stories since they're much more modern.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #53
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm actually hoping the game takes place in modern times, we need another one, the last modern game was GTAIII which took place in 2001 (year of its release), so it would be good to see one take place in 2007 or even 2006 so they can make it accurate (Song, event, car wise, etc).
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #54
fluff
Dead Milkman

fluff is an unknown quantity at this point
my idea is for it to based in Ireland and great Britain. it could have five citys London,Dublin,Cardiff,Glasgow(or whatever the capital is),and Belfast

maybe in city based on Belfast you could have a I.R.A/U.D.A style conflict going on and you could be stuck in the middle
It could be based in the 70s-00s

70 and 80 London would be a great, the whole "no future ,Thature,every thing is going to shit "theme would be good

Bow chick bow wow

Last edited by fluff; 03-05-2007 at 03:05 AM..
fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #55
Goat
Amateur Member

Goat is on a distinguished roadGoat is on a distinguished road
It would be cool if they featured a post-Katrina New Orleans in some capacity. A goal would be to establish criminal control in a city with a vacuum waiting to be filled. Your competition would be the mob, crack gangs and the MS-13's. Sort of like what's happening there right now. Very contemporary. Of course, Iím somewhat biased since Iím from Loserana.

But I don't think it should be limited to a single city. The natural progression of the game suggests multiple countries for GTA4. GTA has gone from a single city to multiple cities within a state. So it only makes sense that the scope of GTA4 would be much larger, like on a worldwide scale.
Old 03-05-2007   #56
Rurouni
Most Wanted

Rurouni is on a distinguished roadRurouni is on a distinguished road
The Biggest Question That the biggest Question we will have to wait till the trailer comes out and them talking about it at e3 2007

Youtube Account - ADD
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote