Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2007   #16
GTAmissions.com
Amateur Member

GTAmissions.com is on a distinguished roadGTAmissions.com is on a distinguished roadGTAmissions.com is on a distinguished roadGTAmissions.com is on a distinguished roadGTAmissions.com is on a distinguished road
I hope GTA4 is set in south american, with columbian drug lords and such.
GTAmissions.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #17
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Modern day, prehaps Chicago - esque setting. I think it'd be a great place for a GTA setting tbh.

And I really don't want London
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #18
Rylo
Legendary Mem- Oh wait :(
Banned

Rylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the rough
I think it may be in Carcer City, which is I think Chicago. I'd love for it to be a modern day Chicago like city, but I would also LOVE it to be set in the 60's or 70's.
Rylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #19
Roxstein
HK343

Roxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant future
Modern london/western europe.

Imagine driving to amsterdam or berlin in your TVR knockoff.
Old 03-03-2007   #20
passage
If it ain't raw, it's worthless.

passage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAmissions.com
I hope GTA4 is set in south american, with columbian drug lords and such.
like where? Buenos Aires? lol. that wouldn't work at all. I'm expecting London 00's.
passage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #21
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylo
I think it may be in Carcer City, which is I think Chicago. I'd love for it to be a modern day Chicago like city, but I would also LOVE it to be set in the 60's or 70's.
That would be cool. I'm guessing the game will be modern day, but one in the '70s would be cool. I can't see a GTA pre - 1960s though.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #22
Rylo
Legendary Mem- Oh wait :(
Banned

Rylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the rough
Another thing I have been thinking, I don't think R* would make it THAT obvious about the location and there have been many London hints and very little Carcer City hints. Which is why I believe it'll be in Carcer City.
Rylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #23
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
For those of you who don't know, Carcer City is based on Jersey City, New Jersey, which is close neighbors with Liberty City (New York City).
Old 03-03-2007   #24
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
City - Somewhere based on New Jersey or Detroit or Chicago. I generally don't want to see it outside of America.

Time-Frame - They'll either have 60-70's or Modern Day like GTA 3. They'll ignore the 90's and the 80's. I can see GTA IV being in the modern day setting, then the next one in the series to come along as 60's or 70's
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #25
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
If its modern day Chicago or SanDiego ..ok. I thought maybe 1st city is on the gulf coast ,then your up the Miississippi river to like St.louis , ending up in Chicago.That way there is a big river to divide the land an lots of things a long the way. The big tower , the lake , the river for your jetmax or whatever etc; the arch , ozark mountains for countryside , great lakes an the gulf to get on the water,as well. on the river you could have Gen. lee steamship to hijack a take a spin.
Old 03-03-2007   #26
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I think: I have absolutely no idea
I'd like: Any awesome place based off a USA city
Old 03-03-2007   #27
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylo
Another thing I have been thinking, I don't think R* would make it THAT obvious about the location and there have been many London hints and very little Carcer City hints. Which is why I believe it'll be in Carcer City.
I think your on to somthing , I agree .Some big place in the Midwest. I hope its in modern time.
Old 03-03-2007   #28
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I personally don't think it will be Carcer City. Seeing as we have already been there in Manhunt. Although it would be pretty cool to explore some of the places I've crept through in Manhunt.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #29
tmac9wr

tmac9wr is on a distinguished roadtmac9wr is on a distinguished road
Timeframe: I hope it's in either modern times or the 80s...I didn't really like the 90s theme of SA. I believe it will be present day theme b/c when the games are GTA 1/2/3 they are present day games. When the games had the name of the location in it they took place in a different era.

The location: Hopefully they'll include all the previous cities, with additions onto Liberty City and Vice City. Also I hope they'll introduce a whole new city. Someone mentioned the idea of being located in South America with drug cartels controlling everything. I think it would be really cool to introduce a small island system off the coast of Vice City...I guess they would basically be the Bahamas. This could be a place that is controlled by drug cartels and give you that lawless South American feel with that classic North American location.
tmac9wr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #30
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
I want some place like India or Bangladesh. That'd be pretty cool, I'd love to see how they recreate the atmosphere. But sadly, it's not likely for GTA IV.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote