Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: GTA 4: PS3 or Xbox360 version?
PS3 32 57.14%
Xbox360 24 42.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2007   #61
Gash_735

Gash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Undecided, Gonna wait to see which version is better!
Gash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #62
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
They really won't be any different I'm sure. Just go with your console preference really. Graphics and all should be the same, except controls may be different.
Old 03-04-2007   #63
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
When was it ever said that ps3 is the primary development platform for gtaIV?
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #64
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
A long time ago, before it was announced that GTAIV would be on the 360 at the same time.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #65
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
But things have changed a lot since then.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #66
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
The only reason GTAIV is on the 360 the same time as PS3 is because Microsoft made a deal with them around E3 of last year. It wouldn't make any sense for them to start the project on 360 hardware if they didn't think the 360 version would come out at the same time. In the interview they were talking about the engine and how they could use Cell and Blu-Ray to stream so many pieces of data simultaneously. And Rockstar has stated that they specialize on Sony hardware. Criterion has said the same thing, and they have come right out in saying that PS3 is the lead platform for Burnout 5.

Like Slim said, it might not even matter in the end. But porting from PS3 to 360 and vise-versa is no easy task. Just look how long it took to port Oblivion and get it to actually take advantage of PS3's hardware.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #67
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
The reason it's on both consoles is because with how fierce console competition is, it would be a foolish decision to only release on one console. You'd lose money.
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #68
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Not necessarily lose money. With a game as popular as GTA, people would be willing to spend several hundred dollars on a console just to play it, so you would still be making money, and in return helping another with sales. Previous GTA's sold many, many PS2's.
Old 03-04-2007   #69
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
With a game as popular as GTA, people would be willing to spend several hundred dollars on a console just to play it
I wouldn't. I got my 360 because in my opinion it looks just as good and sometimes better than the PS3, and it wasn't just for GTA. It was for Halo 3, Mercenaries 2, GTA IV, Saints Row, Gears of War, etc. To me four hundred some-odd dollars for multiple games is worth it. $5-600 for one or two is not.
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #70
Rurouni
Most Wanted

Rurouni is on a distinguished roadRurouni is on a distinguished road
Im poor and I find 60 bucks hard to get!
I have a 360 and I cant afford a ps3
I would proubly buy it the like the 5 day it comes out!

Youtube Account - ADD
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #71
Rylo
Legendary Mem- Oh wait :(
Banned

Rylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the rough
I will be getting it for the 360 for the simple fact that I own a 360 and not a PS3. Also, 360 version will have exclusive content, even though I think PS3 will have something similar. It will own on both consoles, nonetheless.
Rylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #72
The top Don

The top Don is an unknown quantity at this point
PS3 not 360