Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: GTA 4: PS3 or Xbox360 version?
PS3 32 57.14%
Xbox360 24 42.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2007   #46
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin
It actually costs around $4.15 a month.
With the monthly plan, it was around $8 when I signed up.
Old 03-04-2007   #47
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro
I don't understand this. How can you afford a ps3 but not xbox live?
Well in the long run you'll end up paying more with the 360 with the XBL payments, but not by much.
Old 03-04-2007   #48
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorRichardsFanatic
I am going for the 360 version. I am a PS player but its gonna be so much better on the 360. See, some may disagree, but heres my opinion:
MS released the 360 way before the PS3, meaning that sales are going to shoot up for the 360, because Europe is a key part of the 'Next-Gen Console Race'. When the PS3 came out in Japan, sales exceeded all of the sales of the 360 in all of Europe, so that means that atleast 30%-40% of the people on the PS3 Online Play will be Japanese. Too many players in Europe have been taken in by the 360 and have evidently turned a blind eye to the PS3, for everyone knows that apart from a few most games coming out on the PS3 will not infact be 'Exclusive' to it. The Player-Base on the 360 will be much more friendly than on the PS3. And as people have said, apart from the controls. No Difference.
Japanese people arn't friendly now? The Japanese won't get GTA IV when we get it anyways.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #49
Ipenguin

Ipenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought an xbox 360 about two weeks ago so ..... unless I win the lottery or find 600 bucks just sitting around im getting the 360 version.

Ipenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #50
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
I'll be getting it for PS3. I'll buy one in April.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #51
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
GTAIV will help me decide what I get when the info comes out, I am leaning more towards a PS3 just because I am more used to the controllers an all.

I sure as hell aint paying the prices they are asking for PS3's an 360's right now.. and if some people say well the 360 has more games blah blah.. im sure the games on either console will even out by the time GTAIV comes out. and hopefully both consoles will be cheaper.
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #52
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by nOs jOn
GTAIV will help me decide what I get when the info comes out, I am leaning more towards a PS3 just because I am more used to the controllers an all.

I sure as hell aint paying the prices they are asking for PS3's an 360's right now.. and if some people say well the 360 has more games blah blah.. im sure the games on either console will even out by the time GTAIV comes out. and hopefully both consoles will be cheaper.
You're talking about BOTH consoles coming down in price within 6 months? Hate to break it to you, but it's not going to happen. I don't see a price reduction happening any time before 2008-2009.
Old 03-04-2007   #53
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
360's going down in price though. And I can guarantee it.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #54
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
yep BOTH within 6 MONTHS... im krazy huh!??!
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #55
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic
360's going down in price though. And I can guarantee it.
It has no reason to though. It's still much cheaper than PS3, and that's a strong selling point for it. Plus, they're already losing enough money as is on every console sold. The only reason I see to reduce the price were to be if they wanted to compete directly with Wii, which wasn't the 360's original intention.
Old 03-04-2007   #56
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
PS3 version, because:

1. I own a PS3 and not a 360.

2. PS3 is the primary developement platform for GTAIV, so the 360 is just getting a port. No thanks.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #57
GTA Mike
Eh?

GTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to behold
I'd get it for PS3, I probably wont have a PS3 for quite awhile though
Old 03-04-2007   #58
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus
PS3 version, because:

1. I own a PS3 and not a 360.

2. PS3 is the primary developement platform for GTAIV, so the 360 is just getting a port. No thanks.
We'll see how much of a "port" it's gonna be when it's out.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #59
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
The two versions will be indifferable, except for the exclusive content for 360, however it's still rumored for the PS3 as well.
Old 03-04-2007   #60
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
PS3, just because.
ska is offline   Reply With Quote