Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: GTA 4: PS3 or Xbox360 version?
PS3 32 57.14%
Xbox360 24 42.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2007   #16
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMex
I'm going to do what Asif is but I'm going to build a new comp just for GTA IV. If no PC version is released then I will buy it for whatever system I will have in the future (I don't have either at the moment). Right now, I am barely leaning towards getting a PS3 but things may change.
Trust me, there will be a PC version

All you people waiting for the PC version, man you've got a lot of patience I'll pick it up for PC when that version comes out as well, and if I ever buy a 360, yeah I'll get that version too.
Old 03-02-2007   #17
phreak
wsup den

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
360 baby. It's the only way to go.
Old 03-02-2007   #18
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauwee
I've never got along with the Xbox controls for GTA, so probably PS3.
There's shoulder buttons now you know, instead of the B/W buttons.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #19
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Since I will be getting a PS3 before October I will get it on that. I just feel like GTA's were meant to be played on the Playstation. Not that theres anything wrong with the 360, but if GTA IV has controls anything like SA did on Xbox, I feel sorry for you.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #20
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Yeah, but he could be referring to the "feel" of the controller. If he's more used to the feel of PlayStation controllers, it can seem very strange using a different controller. Personally, I think the 360 controller would hardly seem much different with GTA.
Old 03-02-2007   #21
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
The difference would be in the triggers. Left Trigger is brake/reverse, Right Trigger is accelerate. That'd probably leave the left and right shoulder buttons for looking left and right, but they could be changing the controls up entirely for all we know.
Old 03-02-2007   #22
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Ugh really? It would take some getting used to for me to play comfortably with controls like that at least. Would be confusing for a PlayStation player to switch to that IMO. However, it seems like other games are starting to have driving controls where acceleration is triggered by shoulder buttons, so it couldn't be that bad.
Old 03-02-2007   #23
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Trigger buttons are better for driving IMO.

And I'll be getting it on whatever console I get. Right now, it seems like it's going to be the sexbox360,

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #24
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

They aren't bad at all, it's like that in Motorstorm (when I played the demo). Just it would just be hard to get used to after using X for acceleration in the majority of games in the past.
Old 03-02-2007   #25
Thundercracker

The X and Square buttons don't have the same precision the triggers do. Big reason why I switched to Forza.
Old 03-02-2007   #26
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
As long as they don't use the black and white button to look left and right in cars. It was quite uncomfortable to do a drive-by.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #27
Thundercracker

They changed those into the left and right shoulder buttons. This was like one of the first known things about the 360.
Old 03-02-2007   #28
phreak
wsup den

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin
The X and Square buttons don't have the same precision the triggers do. Big reason why I switched to Forza.
I want to rep you a thousand times over.

But yeah, I feel the controls for GTA IV (on 360) will be much like they are with SA on 360, triggers to control car momentum, and the shoulder buttons for looking left and right.
Old 03-02-2007   #29
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin
Gotta agree with you there, it's definitely an advantage to have control over the speed of vehicles rather than holding it down harder. In GTHD they used the right analog stick to control acceleration, which also wasn't a bad idea.

I think the best option would be for Rockstar to include different controls presets so we could select whatever we feel comfortable with.
Old 03-02-2007   #30
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
They already do that Slim

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote