Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2007   #76
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
Yes, Carcer City : Surprised
London : Pissed off!
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #77
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Rockstar have already said that it's going to be most likely in Europe.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #78
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Like San Andreas, I hope the game isn't limited to one city. I actually hope it's Carcer City with a mix of others. Maybe even redone versions of Liberty City and Vice City along with others.

And I really hope it's not set in Europe.... The Getaway is already doing/already did London and supposedly Amsterdam, and the setting and story in those games don't feel like GTA to me. America is just the right place for the kind of crime that goes on in a GTA game.

Besides, if they were to move the serries into Europe, where would all the characters like Lazlow, Fernando Martinez, and all the other radio people/characters go? I know Rockstar is pretty much starting from square one with GTAIV, but you can't just drop those people after we have all come to love them over the years. And I know for a fact that Lazlow is in the next game.

I had a dream last night that I saw the GTAIV trailer. It was a car driving on some empty street in the suburbs for about two seconds, then it cut to the main character (a scruffy looking black guy holding a shotgun) and the camera just sat there fixed on him for about ten more seconds as he did nothing but stand there. Then it cut to the GTAIV logo and it was over. As long as the trailer isn't something stupid like that I'll be happy.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #79
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic
Rockstar have already said that it's going to be most likely in Europe.
And when did they say this? Proof.
Old 03-04-2007   #80
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
http://games.kikizo.com/news/200412/050.asp?duh

Quote:
In addition, the magazine cites "sources close to the project" in revealing that "the team is looking beyond the US for the setting of the next title, with Europe a strong contender." Again, perhaps slightly obvious, since the game's last outing seemed to cover the entire country - or an entire state, at least.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #81
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Ah, yeah I thought I've seen that before, but that was 2 years ago when they posted that article. I sure hope it's not Europe, I just don't think GTA would be right there.
Old 03-04-2007   #82
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Now thats not really Rockstar saying that is it? a close source can be anyone... besides the fact the article is from december 04...
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #83
alex62

alex62 is on a distinguished roadalex62 is on a distinguished road
I would love it if it was in Europe. London would be cool, but what I have always thought(and hoped) was that they would set the game in Tokyo. I don't really see that they can do anything new with another American-style city, since that was already done in GTA III.
alex62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #84
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus
I had a dream last night that I saw the GTAIV trailer. It was a car driving on some empty street in the suburbs for about two seconds, then it cut to the main character (a scruffy looking black guy holding a shotgun) and the camera just sat there fixed on him for about ten more seconds as he did nothing but stand there. Then it cut to the GTAIV logo and it was over. As long as the trailer isn't something stupid like that I'll be happy.
I had a dream about GTA IV, and then during the day started remembering what it was like back right before San An released. Two days later, I see they've announced the IV trailer
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #85
HH
Cupcake

HH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of light
I expect very little, especially since it's so early it GTA IV's lifetime. I doubt it will really be more than a short teaser. I expect to see something along the lines of the timeframe and location. By knowing the timeframe, we can guess the music, even if they don't throw in some major hint-giving music as the time or location.

I HIGHLY doubt we will see any information about the main character this early. Perhaps the second or third trailer, but I doubt it as of right now.
Old 03-04-2007   #86
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Back to the Carcer City thing... There are caller(s) on WCTR from Carcer City so it doesn't necessarily mean anything in terms of what radio they recieve.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #87
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Nah the tunnel in GTA III isn't infact the tunnel to Carcer, as found out in LCS.
That tunnel , as shown in LCS... has another tunnel inside that you can not access , could it go to the new city or state in GTA-IV

Last edited by FG; 03-04-2007 at 11:28 PM..
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #88
ballabeata
Schaffe

ballabeata is on a distinguished roadballabeata is on a distinguished roadballabeata is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGod
There is a tunnel , inside that tunnel ...as shown in LCS. Where could that tunnel lead?
Hmm...Thats a good question, I bet it leads to another city, known as Altoona PA, where I go to Penn State!! lol
ballabeata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #89
Lisitza
mmm ground beef

Lisitza is on a distinguished roadLisitza is on a distinguished roadLisitza is on a distinguished road
nice cobalt, but I dont expect much difference from the previous GTA's, all we will get are better graphics, maybe some sweat runnin off a scared guy, but really what more can you do in a game like GTA that hasnt been done. Dont get to excited boys and girls, we've been let down twice since gta3. It will be the same with new tricks and a snazzy jacket. Don't hate on me, I've been playing this series since GTA1 and I really cant see myself being more impressed than being stunned when gta3 came out. Im honestly just hoping for a car that gets damage beyond the body work. its pretty lame when you run into a cement wall doing 120 and your bumper falls off. Hopefully there will be a destructable environment past mailboxes and posts like sides of buildings but i strongly doubt it, and Realistic cops. When they pop out of nowhere and there are 50 of them thats just really annoying.
Old 03-05-2007   #90
I'm a Robot
Look down the barrel and
Loyal Member

I'm a Robot is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Just wondering, what do you guys think we'll get out of this trailer in a few weeks? Location revealed? Story/plot? Protagonist?
Those 3 thing you said and how well the graphics will look.