Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2007   #31
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I'm expecting 1:30 - 2:00 minutes long for this trailer. Really, this is a BIG game. This is up there with Halo 3 and MGS4.
Old 03-02-2007   #32
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Up there? Pfft, beyond IMO

I'm expecting at least 1:30.
Old 03-02-2007   #33
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd expect a minute most, this will only be the first trailer and they are usually short, the second trailer becomes the official one.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #34
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735
I'd expect a minute most, this will only be the first trailer and they are usually short, the second trailer becomes the official one.
I dunno, I always thought the first was main one, and so, the biggest. The others are just there for small bits of info and to get our juices going for the game.
Old 03-02-2007   #35
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
1:20 - 1:30 is my guess. Any later trailers I'd hope to be around 2 minutes.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #36
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak
I dunno, I always thought the first was main one, and so, the biggest. The others are just there for small bits of info and to get our juices going for the game.
For TV Clips and main websites and stuff, it's always been the second trailer, think back to the others...
Vice City - First trailer just shows off location and some new things, second trailer was the official one (I Ran)
San Andreas - Same again, first showing location and new features, second becoming the official (Welcome To The Jungle)
LCS - An odd one, since only two trailers (third was Multiplayer)
VCS - First showing location, second becoming official (Easy Lover)
The third trailer always seems to be the add on that not many people pay attention too.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #37
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I'm just looking forward to catching the general vibe of the game's theme/setting.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #38
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
I highly doubt the thing will be a teaser. WHy would R* hype up and make a countdown website for the trailer if it was something like 30 seconds long or whatever. I'm pretty positive it will be a full lengthed trailer, around 3 minutes long.

As for my wishes: main character, location, city name, new features, graphics, and general gist of the story.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #39
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735
For TV Clips and main websites and stuff, it's always been the second trailer, think back to the others...
Vice City - First trailer just shows off location and some new things, second trailer was the official one (I Ran)
San Andreas - Same again, first showing location and new features, second becoming the official (Welcome To The Jungle)
LCS - An odd one, since only two trailers (third was Multiplayer)
VCS - First showing location, second becoming official (Easy Lover)
The third trailer always seems to be the add on that not many people pay attention too.
Understand exactly what you're saying there, and look at it the same way really. However, the thing is, this is GTA IV, huge, biggest GTA ever, so I'm thinking that Rockstar will give us a nice, 1:30 long one with some cool stuff to show off in it. How many times have they ever thrown up a countdown for a GTA trailer? This is the first, it has to be big.
Old 03-02-2007   #40
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

Exactly Slim, I'm almost to the point to thinking this is the most anticipated release of a video game of all time. Halo 3 I know is still huge, but this is GTA IV, not some little knockoff like the Stories series. I bet the media is a little tired of GTA, but that doesn't mean it can't be the biggest game of the year.
Old 03-02-2007   #41
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Man, I doubt the media is tired of GTA. Rockstar had kept quiet about GTA IV for 10 months since announced last may, now this, oh everyone is just begging for more, more, more. I'm so glad that we'll finally be able to truly experience another GTA, and all the news and information updates, previews, etc in the coming months. Like how San Andreas was, that was one awesome summer.
Old 03-03-2007   #42
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
I can remember the actual cops getting inteviewed at the time of SA's release and they where livid at the gameplay involved in the game, haha, they said something like " This game does not portray the real lifestyle of our city ".
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #43
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpmDawqOfqs

I'm expecting something like this.
Old 03-03-2007   #44
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

! That would own so hard, but just a little longer.
Old 03-03-2007   #45
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
I get the feelin the trailer will be more of a teaser.. kinda like the new manhunt2 trailer they have.

I expect an hope to get an era and whereabouts from this trailer...
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote