Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2007   #16
adub
HELLO PEASANTS

adub is on a distinguished roadadub is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim
This is the best news for GTA IV I've heard since the announcement of the RAGE Engine being in GTA IV. Chances are Rockstar have been working with Euphoria for a while (Just havn't announced it until now).

Personally I think this news is better than any screenshots of the game, in the long run.

Edit: Is this it?
sweet video, nice find
adub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #17
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
And good to see it's been posted up on the main page!
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #18
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Nice info. So is it just how a alive body would react to a physical event of some sort? I can't watch the video because I have 56K internet.
X-reS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #19
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Just imagine a step above Rag Doll. I wouldn't call it a complete revolution or anything though, but it is noticeably better.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #20
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
This isn't just a step above ragdoll, I would say. I, for some reason, think this is the best that will ever happen in virtual reality. I don't see that in the future, someone will succeed in making a 3D model that has a real nervous system as a human body. Why? Because even robots aren't yet similar to humans. And to make a 3D model that acts like any human would is nearly impossible... you see how the Euphoria engine acts? It's still not the real human reaction, but it's a revolution in a ragdoll reaction. Although ragdolls aren't stiff, you could say they are judging how they act in Euphoria engine (they are somewhat "loose") and that makes you think they have a nerve system, but actually, they are just more loose than regular ragdolls and they are animated so you can get some kind of feeling they are aware of what they're doing. Maybe, just maybe, someday people will invent 3D models that have their own mind and know how to react to it's ambient. Until then, I would just like to see something as good as this implanted in any game, mostly GTA IV!

Last edited by Antonio Montana; 03-01-2007 at 01:00 PM..
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #21
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif
It would be awesome to see that kind of physics in a GTA game. We might find it out when GTA IV clips, hopefully, will be out in a matter of few months.
Well the first San Andreas clips were revealed the same time the first trailer was when the SA official site made it's first big update, August 2004, so unless Rockstar decides to start throwing info and media at us left and right before summer, it could take awhile, but I'm 99% sure we'll be seeing physics like that
Old 03-02-2007   #22
ReLLo
Banned
Banned

ReLLo is an unknown quantity at this point
I was smokin with some friends one day and was rambling about makin this technology, tellin em about how they could ragdoll and have the ragdoll sorta slide into it's animatiopn stages and whatnot.

Good stuff to see. Much joy is brought.

GTA IV will be the best game ever.
ReLLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #23
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Well the first San Andreas clips were revealed the same time the first trailer was when the SA official site made it's first big update, August 2004, so unless Rockstar decides to start throwing info and media at us left and right before summer, it could take awhile, but I'm 99% sure we'll be seeing physics like that
Ah, now it's a matter of less than 4 weeks.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #24
Nediar
Piece Of Shit

Nediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really nice
Yeah, I'm sure GTA IV will have ragdoll and so on. I mean, I don't know many games on the new-gen consoles that DON'T use advanced physics :p
Nediar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #25
Jon P
Free your mind up

Jon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud of
Ragdoll and gta = double win
Jon P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #26
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to behold
Well another game im interested in ATM is Star Wars : The Force Unleashed. No-one may be bothered by this but this is the engine in action on that game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVpLWnF3MWA
Notice how he says, "Really cutting edge technology here, not something that you'll see anywhere else except LucasArt Games". Lol

Also, I think they should add this system, that is also in the Star Wars game. Its called DMM (Digital Molecular Matter).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKBf8...elated&search=
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #27
Ipenguin

Ipenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
Now do we have any clues as of now that suggest that the Euphoria Engine is going to be in GTA IV? It would be awsome, don't get me wrong but we have no proof that it is going to be used for GTA IV for all we know at this stage it could be for someother game rockstar is working on ..... mabey the Euphoria Engine is going to be used in L A Noire. Im trying not to get my hopes up untill the trailer is out.
Ipenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #28
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
I'm hoping the damage and physics modeling is AT LEAST as good as Saints Row. In all honesty I'm hoping for DRIVER-type damage modeling (on par with Reflections studios--and that's asking a lot) with those kind of physics. If I ram a minicar with a semi, I want to see that sucker FLY. I want to see front and rear ends crumple and deform. I want to see tires SHRED.
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #29
I'm a Robot
Look down the barrel and
Loyal Member

I'm a Robot is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorRichardsFanatic
Well another game im interested in ATM is Star Wars : The Force Unleashed. No-one may be bothered by this but this is the engine in action on that game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVpLWnF3MWA
Notice how he says, "Really cutting edge technology here, not something that you'll see anywhere else except LucasArt Games". Lol

Also, I think they should add this system, that is also in the Star Wars game. Its called DMM (Digital Molecular Matter).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKBf8...elated&search=
Yeah i watched the DMM video i thought the system would Rock. I hope they do include the DMM system and the Euphoria Engine would own.I can't even begin how hardcore these systems would be.

BTW Sorry if I was a little hyper sounding it's just i'm so excited and i can't wait for the trailer.

Sorry again but the more i watch that the more i think it looks like something that will be in Assassin's Creed wouldn't you guys agree?

Last edited by I'm a Robot; 03-06-2007 at 09:43 AM..
I'm a Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #30
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to behold
Yeah very true. Apart from in the missions on rare occasions, I dont see how the Euphoria is going to help like it did on that trailer. Would it be, like when you shoot someone its more realistic? I cant see the main character being able to throw people that far. Unless you can build up his strenght so much that he can throw people roughly 50 feet. OMG, I just totally started another rumour, awesome!
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote