Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2007   #1
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
The Official GTA IV Wishlist

Ok, seen a few threads around, thought it would be good to compact them all into one thread and a little birdy told me to start this, hehe, So come on, what will you be hoping for in GTA IV, anything you think would appear or just any crazy ideas you'd like to see in the game.

Some quick ones that I'd like to see...
1) Ragdoll Physics
2) Dolby 5.1 or DTS 5.1 sound
3) High Res textures and models for most things
4) More realistic time
5) Bigger Cities, still include countryside or desert but the cities should definetly be bigger and not like San Fiero or Las Venturas!
Old 02-17-2007   #2
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Thanks for the thread man, at the right time it was needed. I'll post my own list in a while.
Old 02-17-2007   #3
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Other little additions...
Realistic Weather is a must, I know rcguy would approve of this, but the weather in GTA games seems to be quickly done, the only one that has had effort put into it is VCS, I want rain that's actually water, and the parting clouds for a few hours, not Bright sunny one min then pissing down the next.
Realistic Water, again, something that isn't done well in GTA, VCS has ok water but still not enough to match more modern games.
Trees, I always notice trees in games, dunno why, it would be nice if GTA had better trees.

Looking at my points, I just seem to want effects to make you feel like you are in the game more, want the enviroment to be soo good that you would notice little details whilst doing a gang war or something, haha.
Old 02-17-2007   #4
CaliMex
Call me CMX for short.

CaliMex is on a distinguished roadCaliMex is on a distinguished roadCaliMex is on a distinguished road
I'll just list some quick ones that come to mind...

I want better interaction with the environment such as:
- being able to throw or be thrown on top of tables (and other similar objects) and see them crash down under you
- being able to pick up random objects off the ground and use them as weapons
- crashing into walls when you fall down near a wall, instead of being halfway in the wall on the floor
- jumping from one car to the next, why can Cesar do it and I can't, show us too, I thought we were carnales, holmes
- jumping on top of cars and actually hang off of them by holding on with your hands, imagine if you scare the person inside, you will be swinging wildy, it should sort of like that one mission in SA where the cop is on the car

Some others include:
- better car physics, I want to be able to powerslide, and if the game is set in Japan, drifiting anyone?
- the ability to sit or lay down, I just want to shoot people while sitting or laying down, I'm lazy
- strong winds that can push you or even your vehicle around, I think that happened when you flew something in SA when it was raining
- more chicken nuggets
- more (or better) vehicles that can carry or transport other vehicles, you can use the Packer to transport a few cars but I always had problems when I drove it, the cars would always fall out.
- if we are able to recruit members, I really hope that they don't suck at shooting, the Scarface game was better in that aspect, and they weren't that bad at shooting, they'll also shoot at any enemy (that is attacking us) within range
- while I liked the GTA way of shooting, we should also have freeform shooting like in Scarface or the cheat in SA that lets you do that, of course we should be able to use auto target by pushing a button to make it a little easier

That's all I can think of, I know I had more in previous wishlists for other games but lazy.

-Il Duce

Last edited by CaliMex; 02-17-2007 at 02:56 PM..
Old 02-17-2007   #5
Ix Elit3 xI

Ix Elit3 xI is an unknown quantity at this point
I said in a previous post,
-more/better weather, I think it would be awesome your driving down the highway or backroad and all of a sudden on the radio *a tornado has touched down in the red county area* something like that would make e get off track and just go watch the destruction of the tornado rampage and maybe get sucked in myself hahaha.

- a plane that you are a passenger of , you get in sit down and you can see the scenery out your window or something like that, or even the possibility of hijacking ( or would that be to 9/11?).

-and last but not least, wider range of loading space or whatever its called where you park a car walk away come back and its gone, I would like to keep cars where I leave them no matter where i go regardless of loading times.
Old 02-17-2007   #6
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Definatley want a huge environment. One that makes VC/LC tiny.
More realistic weapon sounds, never really liked San Andreas'.
The option to use indicators (turn signals).
Ragdoll.
Cars that get rusty and dirty over time. I know we saw a bit of it in San An but I think it can be done better.
Near non - existant loading times when going in and out of buildings, or no loading times at all for that.
Everything should have it's own physics. From a discarded trash can to a person.

Also, in early San Andreas screens I remember a lot more trees than what was in the final game. I think more dense areas of trees would be cool.

I'll probably post a lot more
Old 02-18-2007   #7
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.gtagaming.com/gtagaming/wishlist

GTAGaming has its very own wishlist here. I don't know if Zidane's still updating it or whatever but check it out. Some of my ideas are there

grimmy is a gay icon
Old 02-18-2007   #8
Don
Random Member

Don is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to behold
Bloody and gory like GTA3, ragdoll physics.. Meh, not sure.
Old 02-18-2007   #9
elyit
PS3 fan
Newbie Member

elyit is an unknown quantity at this point
Ragdoll.....Really??

Dunno your thoughts on this but in my opinion ragdoll is a lazy mans physics engine. anyone ever play spider man 2?? then youll know what im on about, when you got punched youll fall in to a heap on the floor like a damp sack of leeks, wtf ?? from memory in real life that dont happen, even in the most exteme cases limbs dont move like that. the only time when ragdoll works in game is on a dead body and then it works well. the rest of time it just makes the game character looks like he's gone a bit wrong. who agrees ?
Old 02-18-2007   #10
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
What would be important to me is the "Open ended missions"

Ya'll remember the mission in GTA3 where you must kill salvatore? Didn't you try that numerous times just to get a different kill on him? I know I did.
I'd like to see more of those.

For example; if a gang leader you need to take down has a daily habit. At 12 he goes to the restaurant, at 15 he is taken back home, 18 he visits someone, and so on.
Then you could have several ways of taking him down. You could place C4 by his car, you could snipe him while he enters the restaurant etc. BUT, if you kill him while someone notices, the gang will hate you, and try to kill you later on in-game too. Then again, if you kill him while noone notices, you are free to go. Gang won't touch you.
Old 02-18-2007   #11
elyit
PS3 fan
Newbie Member

elyit is an unknown quantity at this point
you mean more of a "mercenairies PoD" game approach, man that game rocked, it was like ahead of its time.

but yeah back to the wishlist,
1)more detail when it comes to weapons, faces, hands (have you seen the hands in gta sa!!)

2)more purchasable items like mp3 players so you can listen to music whilst on foot

3)improve the stealth element i know this WAS in gta sa but who even used it apart from in the missions where you had to and where it was made blatantly obvious

********** i have far too many ideas **********
read on if you want

4)crash physics like burnout, with the power of the ps3 theyll be better than burnout

5)fully creatable characters like the sims then the character you make will decide which pre set storyline you will play through

6)in gta sa there were bustops yeah ? well where was the public busses? (not coaches) this could also be made a part of the game using public transport (hahaha could be shit but anyway)

7)cool terrain to discover i really like wandering around "back o beyond" in gta sa why not have like secrect islands that are purposely left off the map for you to find

8)whats with the car washes?? theyre there so why dont they work.......

9)we need more natural things for eample you may think there were rivers in gta sa but did they actually flow? we need stuff like rapids, currents, eddies etc where you can just get in a dhingie and chill out and let the current take you (or row)
Old 02-18-2007   #12
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
There are too many things to hope for I can't even name them all. I'll list a few though.

- Ragdoll
- New, better, weapon SFX
- More realistic graphically
- Massive gameplay area with variety such as San Andreas'
- New vehicles, especially adding a variety of planes and boats (cruise ships/submarines anyone?)
- More realistic and new weather system (tornadoes, etc)
- Amazingly accurate and realistic water physics

ETC.
Old 02-18-2007   #13
Don
Random Member

Don is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyit
Dunno your thoughts on this but in my opinion ragdoll is a lazy mans physics engine. anyone ever play spider man 2?? then youll know what im on about, when you got punched youll fall in to a heap on the floor like a damp sack of leeks, wtf ?? from memory in real life that dont happen, even in the most exteme cases limbs dont move like that. the only time when ragdoll works in game is on a dead body and then it works well. the rest of time it just makes the game character looks like he's gone a bit wrong. who agrees ?
True but, even then it would look better than how it looks now.

A possible addition would be limbs detaching from the body, flying everywhere. (due to explosions or something).

Or when you hit someone really hard with a car, heh.
Old 02-18-2007   #14
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
^Exactly, I love that gore stuff in GTA. The gore cheat in GTAIII = <3
Old 02-18-2007   #15
Pale2hall

Pale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished road
i think it would be cool if you could access your music form your ps3 or xb36 and have a station of MP3s while playing.

i would lovve that!
Closed Thread