Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > General Series Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2007   #1
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Exclusive Content for Vice City Stories (PS2 Version)

Here is an update on the of differences in PS2 version.
  • Side/Missions.
    Mission called "Rush" in Linerunner found south of the Vice Port pay & spray near water.
    PCJ "Playground At the Dock" (PCJ at the bottom of the row of houses at the Bayside safehouse).
    PCJ "Playground On The Park" up the entrance ramp to the Washington Beach parking lot.
    "Crims On Water Wings" in a Skimmer found near the lighthouse.
    "Hyman Memorial O.D.T.", Biplane parked in the second hangar from the south.
    Caddy Daddy , Caddy parked by the Tennis courts just after the entrance to Leaf Links.
  • Unique Jumps has increased from 30 to 36.
    At the side of Diaz mansion at pool.
    Parking lot at the Chunder wheel, the jump heads north.
    Near the "Ducum Inn", small wooden ramp that you jump across the water onto the Leaf Links.
    In an alley, Little Havana to jump to the area behind Sunshine Autos.
    West of the "Hardcore Pawn" shop at the northern part of Ocean Beach.
    Ramp in water near the entrance to "Pier 1" at the docks of Western Ocean Beach.
  • Now 35 Rampages, was 30.
    On top of Guano's Cafe, Little Havana.
    On the front porch of the house next to and west of the Diaz Mansion.
    On the fountain in front of the Mendez Mansion.
    In the Security booth near the center on the ground floor of the mall.
    Ocean Beach , up the stairs from an alley that includes a Red Balloon and a parked Comet.
    One of the rampages has moved ( see pic ).
  • Buy a bullet proof Sanchez at the Bayside safehouse.
  • Buy a bullet proof Ventoso at the King Knuts in downtown.
  • Buy a Squallo at the docks west of the junkyard.
  • Buy a Skimmer at the wharf behind the Clymenus Suite.
  • Buy a Jetski just south of the Hyman Stadium.
  • Buy a Marquis at dock across road from 101 Bayside Ave safehouse after unlocking full map.
  • More trees on Starfish Island.
  • Air Ambulamce now has a radio.
  • 'Seagulls Sniped' added to the statistics menu.

Moved rampage location in PS2 version.

Updated on 21-03-07

Thanks to all who posted info.

Asif, Jimmy_86 and Forelli_Boy from GTAF

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so as not to confuse people when reading this thread, i am quoting my original post.
Quote:
Although it is unconfirmed, and no clues as to what it is, but...

Courtesy of Adriaan @ GTAPortable

http://www.gtaportable.com/news/8445...ty-stories-ps2

Last edited by .:nemesis:.; 11-25-2007 at 04:26 PM..
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #2
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Could it mean extra missions and something more?
Correct me if I am wrong, didnt the PS2 version of LCS have few extra missions?

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #3
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif
Could it mean extra missions and something more?
Adriaan @ GTAPortable seems to think that it's pertains to new vehicles or side missions?

Quote:
Can't confirm that Asif, no information on that subject, only difference i can remember was the PS2 version had one less button cheat than the PSP.
Old 02-11-2007   #4
Pivac

Pivac is an unknown quantity at this point
I would say it is either new vehicles or weapons.

Missions are too much. Would be nice, though.
Pivac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #5
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
If it was my decision I'd probably put in a few extra vehicles and maybe 2 more missions or side missions

That would probably make a few more people interested in buying the PS2 version
Old 02-11-2007   #6
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Interesting.
Quote:
I played both and by memory I'm sure it didn't.

The extra stuff may be the land mines and/or tear gas that were only unlockable on PSP via the cheat device although the tear gas might just be a left over from the original VC. A vehicle or two wouldn't go amiss, it could even be some extra music/content on the radio or some such. Maybe a camera as in SA that saves photos.

Last edited by Jimmy_86; 02-11-2007 at 07:07 PM..
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #7
gta12345678910
Amateur Member

gta12345678910 is an unknown quantity at this point
On LCS for PSP the upside down cheat dose work, but on LCS PS2 the upside down cheat dose not work.
________
24 dicussion

Last edited by gta12345678910; 02-17-2011 at 01:38 AM..
gta12345678910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #8
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
More information has come to light regarding exclusive content for the now official PS2 version of Vice City Stories. A few hours ago I wrote a news article about the Italian Take-Two website clearly stating that this version will feature exclusive content. No further details were given.

However, thanks to aschi04 we now have more info regarding this. According to Exlibris.ch, who has a full page with info on the PS2 Vice City Stories, we'll be seeing new special missions, stunt jumps, races and jobs. Yet again it can be seen at the second last bullet point. Below is the info in German (you can also view their pages in French).

Quote:
Exklusiver Bonus Content nur auf PS2: Neue Sondermissionen, neue Stunt Jumps, neue Rennen und neue Nebenjobs.
Special missions must be referring to side missions, most of you know what stunt jumps and races are, and ''jobs'' could be referring to Empire Building. With all this new content we'll also likely see most (if not all) of the major bugs taken care of in this version. This is rather promising for this upcoming title, owners of the PSP version might feel left out..
From gta portable
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #9
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
New sidemissions, new stunt jumps, and I don't know what the second two words are.

Interesting, were there any extra sidemissions in LCS?
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #10
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettermaniac
New sidemissions, new stunt jumps, and I don't know what the second two words are.
races and jobs
Old 02-11-2007   #11
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
I see, haha.

But yeah, nothing too special, still a good prospect for people without PSP's.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #12
victim

I'd be happy with just a simple port with some bugs fixed up tbh.
Old 02-11-2007   #13
The top Don

The top Don is an unknown quantity at this point
that is real good, and i will definetly buy it now
Old 02-12-2007   #14
Wicked Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by victim
Thanks for posting the update, looks more like it's real now.
Old 02-12-2007   #15
gta12345678910
Amateur Member

gta12345678910 is an unknown quantity at this point
If there is new stuff, dose that mean there will be another walkthough book for the PS2 version?

With LCS there was just one that had both PSP and PS2.
________
ELECTROSPORT

Last edited by gta12345678910; 02-17-2011 at 01:39 AM..
gta12345678910 is offline   Reply With Quote