Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > General Series Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2009   #1
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
Hardly recognizable as Liberty City

I don't know if it's just me, but this new camera angle makes the city barely recognizable. It's like a brand new city. Anyone else feel this way? Not saying it's bad, but actually kind of cool that it feels new.

Was making me wonder, do you think GTAIV would feel a lot different just by raising the camera up a little?
Old 03-20-2009   #2
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
i haven't played CTW but i'd imagine the perspective of the camera can change the look and feel of a city alot
Old 03-20-2009   #3
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
That, and the fact its not as brown and 'gritty' as the console counterparts. It's color scheme feels a lot more like GTAIII
Old 03-20-2009   #4
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting thing is, the places and buildings of CTW are in GTA IV/TLAD, Huangs first Safehouse and Uncle's Resturaunt place are there in Dukes.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009   #5
Larry Novellino
Larry Novellino - Waconia High School, Minnesota

Larry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the rough
Yep, I noticed that as well. I have no clue what is around each corner and I'm pretty sure if the game told me it was a brand new city, I would believe it.
Larry Novellino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009   #6
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
At first it may seem so. Areas of the city have been optimized to "work" on the DS, so you will notice some change, especially considering the in-game camera angle that limits your ability to recognize LC as it was in GTA IV.

However, when you start to come across some memorable landmarks from your GTA IV experience, you'll be shocked to discover that yeah, this is that same massive city.
Old 03-21-2009   #7
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

Some areas are starting to look more familiar, but over all it just feels completely new. Plus, it feels a lot bigger than it used to. Seems to take ages to drive from one end to the other.

Man I love this game though
Old 03-21-2009   #8
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
I haven't played, but I think that the R*s are trying to capture some of the fun that was lost in their attempt at reality. Rampages? Uh yeah, they know they messed up.

Last edited by JRussell89; 03-21-2009 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: horrible spelling again!
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009   #9
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

I honestly can not imagine GTAIV having all of the stuff this game has. On the current generation consoles and how realistic the graphics were, all of the unrealistic side missions would seem very out of place. They fit in with this game's cartoony city though pretty well
Old 06-17-2009   #10
romulusnr
Newbie Member

romulusnr is an unknown quantity at this point
Francis Airport, Central Park, Firefly Island, Happiness Island and the other islands are all where they are in GTAIV. I dunno how close the roads are, I'm sure there's differences there. Even the tollbooths are in the same place.
romulusnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #11
Xegethra

Xegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura about
"It's color scheme feels a lot more like GTAIII"

but that all grey, brown and gritty....it had fog/smog that stopped you seeing 3 feet ahead of you sometimes....gta's 3 liberty was deffinatly the darkest and nastiest liberty city i think....i dunno about in china town wars as iv never played it...dont have a ds

>_>
Old 06-20-2009   #12
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Chinatown Wars' LC is really colourful, bright and vibrant. A far cry from any other GTA city, besides Vice City, of course.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009   #13
Xegethra

Xegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura about
i dont think i could get used to a colourful liberty city....i think someday ill ask to borrow my sisters ds and her gta and have a go at playing it
Old 06-28-2009   #14
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
From what I played it reminded me a lot of the Topdown GTAs. I figure that the PSP version will look more like the stories series.
Old 04-10-2010   #15
Reed Tucker
jakob the russian
Newbie Member

Reed Tucker is an unknown quantity at this point
i was a little mad when they made it top down but it brings back the feel of old gtas