Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2013   #9316
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Dead Island (the first game, not riptide)

I finally get to play this after all this time, I had lots of stability problems and it was buggy last time I tried it. It must have been patched or fixed at some point so its better then it was cause now I only have audio popping and it only seems to happen in the game menu not during gameplay.

Overall the graphics look really good, and the gameplay seems simalar to Borderlands / Left 4 Dead

the Map/Inventory/Upgrade menu could be better, but it will just take some getting use to.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 05-12-2013 at 07:04 PM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #9317
mattt
(&) Delinquents
Addicted Member

mattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant future
just finished metro last light, good, but not as good as 2033

i found the story rather uninteresting. its lost its atmosphere and weirdness and great music
Old 05-22-2013   #9318
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
I'm going through Last Light as well, The stealth elements is much much better then 2033, and the game engine is much better optimized then 2033

surprisingly I was able to max it out at 1920x1080 on my GTX 570 and still stay around 30 - 40fps

I just had to be sure to keep SSAA off cause thats the framerate killer

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Old 05-22-2013   #9319
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Sure it's a framerate killer, that's because it renders the game at 2x or 4x the resolution you're using and then downsamples it for optimum clarity.

You'd really need a several GB memory card to get any sort of usable framerate from something like that
Old 05-22-2013   #9320
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
If you want to mess with downsampling, it's a lot better imo to just downscale from 2560x1440 to 1080p. Even with no AA it's pretty damn smooth. With AA it's reeaaallly nice.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013   #9321
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

finished metro last light

very immersive game, and loves the improved stealth system, the only issue I had was running outta filters on the surface sometimes cause I explored a little too much so I just had to run for it.

Old 05-25-2013   #9322
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
There was a part in the original Metro where I had a few minutes left of filter time but my gas mask was cracked. Died just after the hardest part of the Library level and I had to replay it from the last checkpoint.

I thought they were really fucking clever, but I also hated the fact that they intentionally don't offer filters for sale before parts like this. And yet at the beginning of the game I could buy 50 minutes worth but then had to risk running out of ammo or stealthing the majority of the action.
Old 05-25-2013   #9323
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Playing through Just Cause 2 again. Still one of my favorite games cause the world is so massive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
There was a part in the original Metro where I had a few minutes left of filter time but my gas mask was cracked. Died just after the hardest part of the Library level and I had to replay it from the last checkpoint.

I thought they were really fucking clever, but I also hated the fact that they intentionally don't offer filters for sale before parts like this. And yet at the beginning of the game I could buy 50 minutes worth but then had to risk running out of ammo or stealthing the majority of the action.
yea I remember my first run through of the original metro I stopped at the library as well cause I ran outta filters, But I made it this time when I did a second full run through.

how did you go to a previous checkpoint btw? it overrights them as you progress. It irritates the hell outta me when games don't support manual save or quicksaves

Last edited by Nite; 05-25-2013 at 08:10 PM..
Old 05-25-2013   #9324
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Ahh man, Rockstar have updated Max Payne 3 on Steam so now it includes all the DLC achievements to, damn, I had like 80% before and now I have 50-ish, just done a few to try and get that up to 60%, all mainly MP stuff though.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013   #9325
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Game Dev Story. Found out about it a couple days.

I just spent the past 7 hours playing a game on my fucking phone, and last night...

Was going to play it on Bluestack, but I had already gotten really into a game and couldn't continue from it.

Well worth the 2.50 for it. Got 12+ hours out of it. Think I am done with it now though.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013   #9326
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
Skyrim. Basically doing every quest that comes on my path. First in first out.
eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013   #9327
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli View Post
Skyrim. Basically doing every quest that comes on my path. First in first out.
You won't be able to get everything done, many quests are continuous and repeatable as well.

Old 05-26-2013   #9328
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
Not saying I'm doing everything, just saying that I'm doing everything that comes on my path.
eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #9329
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
Gta sa

& skyrim

Last edited by j_harvill; 06-04-2013 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
j_harvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013   #9330
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
I finally picked up Silent Hill Downpour last week, figured I would get it for PS3 to actually give it something to do, and because Silent Hill.

I must say I really enjoyed myself, spent all day playing this, aside from "finishing off" GTA IV earlier. It is kind of a good thing I didn't get Downpour on 360... lol.

I did restart the game over a couple hours in, I wanted to turn the difficulty down, but very easily made it to where I was and far past it very shortly after.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote