Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013   #9256
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Amazing thing is, I replayed through MGS2 HD a few months back, and as Russ said, you notice soo many little things in that game which is later used in MGS4 and other games, looking back MGS2 really got an undeserved negative reputation around, seeing as it was the last true Metal Gear game in terms of infiltrating a base, having to use the radar, heavy codec use with multiple contacts, etc.
I've played through MGS2 and MGS3 at least 15 times each and I still find new things. I haven't played MGS4 nearly as much since it doesn't have as much cool hidden stuff to find.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013   #9257
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, it was on my last playthrough of MGS2 that I heard that during the countdown to get to Shell 1 (when Emma is dying) if you try and go through any other door that takes you AWAY from the pre-set route, Snake calls to let you know that the entire Big Shell has entered Lock Down for the Arsenal Launch but Otacon has quickly hacked into the security to unlock any doors leading to Shell 1.

All the years of playing and I never knew that since I always just ran straight to Shell 1 without thinking, but this time I decide to try and get off path as much as possible here to see if I missed any stuff, and yeah, it paid off, there was also something related to Arsenal that I found out this time to, I think I posted it in this very thread. :p

And yeah, that's why MGS4 has been ranked lower for me, it feels to set, there's no where near the amount of cool little things hidden around and the Codec was very underused.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013   #9258
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I got to the ice/space cave in spelunky last night I got there three times, but i was expecting to need 20k gold for the black guy to build the shortcut there, but it turned out he wants a shotgun... which is gonna make it harder.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013   #9259
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Tomb Raider (on PS3)

Pretty fun so far. Can't say much else about it as I'm not too far in just yet. Lots of QTE's and collectibles.

EDIT: This is quite a good game so far. The shooting is all wonky and awkward like the Uncharted series. But I've gotten used to it.

Last edited by Zero; 03-07-2013 at 08:13 AM..
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013   #9260
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Feel like most of the QTE stuff happens in the first hour of the game. After that it just happens a few more times.

Having a good time with Tomb Raider

GOOD TIMES
Old 03-07-2013   #9261
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
anyone played simcity yet?

lulul
Old 03-07-2013   #9262
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Arma III Alpha

It's kewl, if a little poorly optimized. But it's not even in Beta yet so I can't complain. I'm sure it will improve a lot in the next few months.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 03-08-2013   #9263
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
Feel like most of the QTE stuff happens in the first hour of the game. After that it just happens a few more times.

Having a good time with Tomb Raider

GOOD TIMES
Yeah, thankfully. I don't know what the fuck but I got stuck on that "rape" QTE for like 20 minutes. I kept hitting triangle and it wasn't registering the moment I would press it. Controller lag or just getting really bad at reaction timing stuff. *shrug* Was driving me crazy. But I'm glad there are very little later on. It also very quickly becomes less survival and more platforming. Having spent a lot of time looking for the collectibles I come across a ton of salvage, so everything is upgraded the moment I unlock it since I have such an abundance.

I also tried the multiplayer. Jumped in one game, went 5-0 and then left. lol
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013   #9264
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post
Arma III Alpha

It's kewl, if a little poorly optimized. But it's not even in Beta yet so I can't complain. I'm sure it will improve a lot in the next few months.
Oh man, when I put the settings up to max with a bit of AA I was really sad at how good it looked. They improved a lot, if the end result is polished to perfection I'd buy a high end GPU to play it properly
Old 03-09-2013   #9265
誠 Makoto
The summer night skies.

誠 Makoto will become famous soon enough誠 Makoto will become famous soon enough誠 Makoto will become famous soon enough誠 Makoto will become famous soon enough誠 Makoto will become famous soon enough誠 Makoto will become famous soon enough
Last game I played today was Mario Kart Wii. xD
誠 Makoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013   #9266
Piggus
Wicked Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Oh man, when I put the settings up to max with a bit of AA I was really sad at how good it looked. They improved a lot, if the end result is polished to perfection I'd buy a high end GPU to play it properly
It was using 50% of my GPU and like 40% of of my CPU at max settings, so there's definitely room for improvement.

Old 03-10-2013   #9267
Russ
Dats da fact jack!
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Trying a "Boss Extreme" run on MGS4.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013   #9268
Piggus
Wicked Member

Ah yes, where the enemies aren't legally blind. :p

Old 03-10-2013   #9269
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
A friend of mine played through Snake Eater on European Extreme without killing anyone. I have an unimaginable amount of respect for him because I could barely get through that game as is.

Anyway, I bought Max Payne 3 because Steam had it on sale. It's 1000x better on PC. Here's to hoping Rockstar give GTA V the PC treatment that it deserves. I doubt they will.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #9270
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
Anyway, I bought Max Payne 3 because Steam had it on sale. It's 1000x better on PC. Here's to hoping Rockstar give GTA V the PC treatment that it deserves. I doubt they will.
Doubt it, Ironic enough the PC version of Max Payne 3 sold the worst, actually one of Rockstars lowest selling PC games, even lower than Bully! A shame as it feels like it's the only one they actually put effort into!
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote