Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013   #9196
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
More Hitmang

Really liking the Hope, South Dakota missions.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #9197
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Red Faction Guerilla

been on my steam library for a while and I finally get around to playing it, The AI is fucking excellent. one of the missions I had like 15 - 20 vehicles on my ass trying to kniock my vehicle out, and on foot combat is just as good as well, Graphics are decent, tons of side missions in the open world

I love using the charges and running vehicles into buildings to collapse them, its just constant destruction fun which is what the Red Faction games are known for anyway.

edit: oh and the Jet Pack is awesome, allows me to get on top of hills to take out buildings so the enemy can't get to me

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 01-26-2013 at 03:55 PM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013   #9198
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
Played some of The Cave's trial/demo. I like the game but I'm not sure if I want to spend that much on it.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013   #9199
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Hitmang - Dang, this game is pretty long. Maybe 2/3rds of the way through it.

Sims 3 - I have all of the expansion packs and it runs like GARBAGE on my PC. I don't know what the hell is going on. Still fun though.

SimCity 5 Beta - Very limited beta... it's more like a demo. But I can already tell that without the limitations it should be a really cool game when it comes out. The region sizes are pretty small though so I hope modders fix that. Thankfully Maxis got their shite together in terms of optimization. The framerate is actually a lot better than SimCity 4 on the same computer and that game is ancient.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 01-27-2013   #9200
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know why but I really couldn't get into Hitman, I got up to the mission where I have to kill some guys three bodyguards back in China Town and was like, urgh and just stopped playing it.

Will have to pick it up again soon.
Old 01-28-2013   #9201
Piggus
Wicked Member

The Unfinished Swan

Really surreal and sometimes creepy PS3 game. Also it looks amazing.

Old 01-28-2013   #9202
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I've been playing Super Crate Box on vita. Goddamn addictive.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013   #9203
guilty.by.association
Registered Loser

guilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_Jro View Post
I don't know why but I really couldn't get into Hitman, I got up to the mission where I have to kill some guys three bodyguards back in China Town and was like, urgh and just stopped playing it.

Will have to pick it up again soon.
Have you played the older ones?

I am a huge fan of the older games. I have played through this one and I did enjoy it but it lacks that Hitman magic. It sort of feels way too different.

That being said I have been spending the last few weeks playing the Contracts mode which I enjoy. Storyline alone the game would blow overall.
guilty.by.association is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013   #9204
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Yeah I've played them all, but yeah like you said, this one lacks the magic.
Old 01-28-2013   #9205
Piggus
Wicked Member

I'm too distracted by the visuals to even care much about the story I guess. I don't know what the console version is like but when a game looks this amazing it's hard for me to care much about anything else. ;p

Old 01-28-2013   #9206
Piggus
Wicked Member

There is sometimes too much post processing but the real amazing aspect of the visuals is the shadowing effects, which unfortunately are pretty hard to show in screenshots.

Old 01-29-2013   #9207
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
Those screenshots are good, Piggus. You must have a beast of a computer. I like how the graphics engine appears to work; noticing the reduced detail of the models further away from the player when there are many on the screen.

I felt like playing the Legacy of Kain series lately. I played through Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen. The game was fun. It doesn't become as hard as you'd expect it to. Once you get so far, and with enough wandering around each of the areas, you'll acquire enough items and abilities to keep enemies at bay. I didn't explore all of the secret areas, in fact my end-game report said I had around 40% of the game secrets found. Many are far more hidden than I thought! The worst part of the game is the loading screens between areas and accessing any of the menus. The game might be best played on an emulator to improve the loading times. I tried it on both my PS and PS2 and the latter with disc speed set to fast made it far more playable!

At the end of the game you get two endings to choose from, but that's about all I'll spoil. One results in the continuation of the series to Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, which I am playing now. For a PlayStation game it looks and handles really good, but I'll admit it's not exactly as how I remember it when I was younger. I don't think I've completed it in the past despite being very close to the end!

One thing I noticed is Kain becomes very strong by the end of Blood Omen, but he doesn't seem to have nearly that same array of abilities of what I see of him in Soul Reaver.

I still need to check the extra demos on that psu disc, but I'm waiting until I feel the spark to play it.
Oh man. I fucking love the Legacy of Kain series. I played so much of all of them when I was younger. They're ALL on GOG.com, too. And I saw they recently added Legacy of Kain: Defiance to Steam.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013   #9208
guilty.by.association
Registered Loser

guilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I know Hitman looks really good. It is good on console but of course it will be better on PC. The thing is though they put too much of their concentration on making it some epic cinematic experience rather than focusing on the game. Like it feels a lot like a movie not a game. It's just really different than the other games. And you spend a lot of time watching cutscenes and whatnot instead of playing.
guilty.by.association is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013   #9209
Piggus
Wicked Member

GOG is the site with DRM-free games, right? Basically you buy the game, download it, and install it. No DRM, and it's pretty straightforward as far as I know.

Old 01-29-2013   #9210
Japisee
Veteran Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
it also gives you this cool shelf where you can admire your games
Japisee is online now   Reply With Quote