Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013   #9181
PzKpfw VI
Registered Abuser

PzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura about
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad. THE MOST AMAZING shooter I've ever seen! Anyone who likes FPS games, but hasn't played this, is missing out big time. Been playing classic realism servers for the past 2 days and having mad fun. Game mechanics would be excellent if not for the sometimes annoying cover system, but the maps are just amazing. So humongous and detailed, incredible.
PzKpfw VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #9182
element3215
Eat, sleep, Gta!

element3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished road
Max Payne 3. Best 3rd person shooter for this Gen imo. Recently playing jet set radio hd, and assassins creed 3 also.
Was playing the new Hitman but got bored half way through. A little after the part where he kills that guy in the desert.
element3215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #9183
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Sleeping Dogs

I wish I knew the movement controls were locked to letter keys, it doesn't allow me to set it to arrow keys so fuck it. I really wanted to play it but can't cause I hate WASD and I don't like using a Controller.

I instantly uninstalled it.

$11 wasted, good thing I got it at 80% off during the sale
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #9184
Piggus

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Seriously? Sleeping Dogs is awesome with a controller. -_- Why not just keep playing until you get used to it?

Oh well, you're missing out on one of the best games of the year. I think you meant to post this in the other thread by the way.
Piggus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #9185
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Yea wrong thread sorry about that lol

and no I'm not missing out at all, if they don't support something as simple as a keybind then its automaticly shit.

After doing some searcing around I can use programs to force set the binds I want but its not worth the hassle cause it seems the arrow keys are locks to the cell phone or something in game so it will conflict

Saints Row The Third and GTA 4 had cell phones too and I was able to set my controls on it fine, so why not on sleeping dogs as well?

Last edited by Nite; 01-11-2013 at 06:34 PM..
Old 01-11-2013   #9186
Piggus

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Something like that doesn't make it a bad game... For most people that would be considered a minor inconvenience, not a dealbreaker. But eh, it's your loss.

PC gaming is going to be changing a lot in the next few years so being able to adapt to different control methods will be crucial. In fact we're already seeing it. The developers of Sleeping Dogs probably didn't put much effort into the Keyboard and mouse controls because they know that most people now use a controller with that type of game. You're going to see a lot more of this in the future so you might as well just get used to it and try to appreciate the game for what it offers even if it's not perfect. I mean is using WASD REALLY that hard to get used to?
Old 01-12-2013   #9187
mattt
(&) Delinquents

mattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant future
nite, arrow keys? really? get with the times man lol

also this game plays better with a controller than keyboard and mouse imo

i hate to say it but it just feels more smooth. im constantly forgetting what buttons do what on the keyboard :/
mattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #9188
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post
Something like that doesn't make it a bad game... For most people that would be considered a minor inconvenience, not a dealbreaker. But eh, it's your loss.

PC gaming is going to be changing a lot in the next few years so being able to adapt to different control methods will be crucial. In fact we're already seeing it. The developers of Sleeping Dogs probably didn't put much effort into the Keyboard and mouse controls because they know that most people now use a controller with that type of game. You're going to see a lot more of this in the future so you might as well just get used to it and try to appreciate the game for what it offers even if it's not perfect. I mean is using WASD REALLY that hard to get used to?
Look at the reverse side of that though, Your gonna be cutting your fanbase in half with the game cause they didn't add the control support that the player wanted. If the developers cared about thier fan base they would add both options. If the developers of sleeping dogs don't care then I simply won't buy anymore of thier games if they will be this way.

Thier is long threads on steam forum and developer forum complaining of the arrow key issue, Not everyone likes WASD or Controller.

You don't just automaticly drop support for a specific control support just because the developers think One is more used then the other, thats a very bad business decision.
Old 01-12-2013   #9189
Piggus

They're not cutting their fanbase in half... They're cutting off the .01% of people who are complaining about something that most people consider really trivial.
Old 01-12-2013   #9190
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Secret World. I'm in Egypt.
Old 01-12-2013   #9191
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
Finished Spec Ops: The Line and finally finished AC3

Spec was fucking amazing. AC was meh.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #9192
Piggus

Hitmang: Absolutely

Pretty cool imo, though it's kind of annoying how there's always SOMEONE suspicious of you.

Also it's one of the best looking games I've ever played. The PC version looks stunning.
Old 01-15-2013   #9193
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Arma 2 (Day Z Lingor)

Had a sudden urge to play it again, still an amazing mod/game. Those private servers are the best, easier to find (working) vehicles and start-out gear was a little more convient (started with a map, gps and compas). Guy I was playing with found an army truck hidden deep in the forrest with lots of weapons and ammunition.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #9194
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Sir Hammerlock Big Gamehunt (3rd DLC in Borderlands 2 Saeson Pass) just released today

its the worst of all the BL2 dlcs so far, the main storyline was only like 4 or 5 missions long, took less then 2 hours to complete

The Captain Scarlett Pirates Booty and Mr Torgues Carnage felt longer...
Old 01-15-2013   #9195
Zero
"Here we go again!"

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Been playing a butthole's-worth of TERA today. It's going free-to-play next month. The free version already offers quite a lot anyways. So just been gettin' a feel of the game. It took a long time to download and patch the 26 GB. But the game looks really good. Haven't really gotten much into the group stuff, but there's a lot of people playing (without feeling crowded).

Zero is offline   Reply With Quote