Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012   #9151
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
Oh awesome, I'll try grab a few of my mates to do runs with me.

Have you been in the Brawl arena yet ?
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #9152
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Not interested.

I get the appeal. But just not for me. I'm mostly solo. As the player base of this game has gotten drastically worse over the years. So I just don't bother. Stick to things I can do myself. Until the weekend when my girlfriend can play. Then we run old raids.

Most of the old stuff you can do solo depending on your class. There are some things that might seem tricky, but it's all doable. Like the Chess Event in Karazhan, Razorgore and those fucking eggs in Blackwing Lair, or Vindictus in AQ (if you're fast enough). It takes the both of us to go through some of the tougher shit though. Like we did all but the last 2 bosses of Black Temple. Me being an 85 Hunter and her a 90 (Shadow) Priest. And we're both not that good. We're just sitting next to one another.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #9153
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I've been playing LBP Vita and Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Decided to get a US PSN account though after i'd already played a bunch, so i've gotta play the first couple of hours each again -_-.

Pretty flippin' awesome but.

also, played a few games of Fifa 13 and i've been playing Infectonator 2 on kongregate.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #9154
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legham View Post
I've been playing LBP Vita and Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Decided to get a US PSN account though after i'd already played a bunch, so i've gotta play the first couple of hours each again -_-.

Pretty flippin' awesome but.

also, played a few games of Fifa 13 and i've been playing Infectonator 2 on kongregate.
You can just download stuff on your US account if you want domething in the US store and then play it on your other one, downloaded stuff is available to all users on the system. Unless they changed it on the vita?
Old 12-10-2012   #9155
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, vita is different. One PSN user per memory card! And if you wanna swap on the same memory card you have to do a complete format and system restore.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #9156
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Not interested.

I get the appeal. But just not for me. I'm mostly solo. As the player base of this game has gotten drastically worse over the years. So I just don't bother. Stick to things I can do myself. Until the weekend when my girlfriend can play. Then we run old raids.

Most of the old stuff you can do solo depending on your class. There are some things that might seem tricky, but it's all doable. Like the Chess Event in Karazhan, Razorgore and those fucking eggs in Blackwing Lair, or Vindictus in AQ (if you're fast enough). It takes the both of us to go through some of the tougher shit though. Like we did all but the last 2 bosses of Black Temple. Me being an 85 Hunter and her a 90 (Shadow) Priest. And we're both not that good. We're just sitting next to one another.
Where I've not played since before MoP dropped I'm seriously under geared. So I've not run and raids or anything since I've been back, heck I don't even remember my full rotation as much. So I don't have an invite to the brawl place but I've been in there a few times to watch my mate. He sold his level 7 invite for 50k gold. It's a cool concept but I don't think I'll aim for it.

What do you play as, alliance or horde ? I'm a level 85 Tauren Hunter.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #9157
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
I just used up my 10 days of MoP. Thought it would let me level to 90. But they stop you just short of 86. :/

I've got:

85 Human Mage
85 Night Elf Hunter
80 Human Paladin
80 Blood Elf Hunter
80 Undead Death Knight
and countless other random alts.

But my girl is letting me use hers. Since she doesn't play often. And on hers I have already a 90 Monk (Horde) and a 83 Undead Warlock.

So I dabble in both.

I forgot you could watch other battles. I'll have to check it out once the servers come back online. Like all expansions, you replace your gear pretty fast. And even that quest reward shit you get is gonna be better than most the epic stuff from the previous expansion. So don't let your gear keep you from trying. There's also a vendor in Jade Forest after you get through the intro bits who sells starting gear. Plus as a Hunter, dude, you can handle a lot solo. Start yourself slow though. Like, run Burning Crusade Heroics and get the feel. Try Sethekk Hall and try for the mount! Then work your way up.
Old 12-26-2012   #9158
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Magic The Gathering 2012. Played a online game with another dude and it was pretty enjoyable. Every time you win you get a new card for the deck that you used.

Mark of the Ninja. This game is really good. Not usually a fan of stealth games but this one is just tons of fun.

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale. Really cool little item shop managing game with some top down RPG elements in it. I almost missed my first quota ogawd.

Chivalry. Trying to unlock every weapon in the game and getting as many decapitations as possible. Great game.

Dragon Age: Origins. Got this from a Secret Santa thing I took a part in and this is just a magnificent RPG. Started a Elven Warrior as I never played an Elf on the console.
Old 12-28-2012   #9159
Zero
Veteran Member

Mass Effect 2
I've had the first one for quite a while and only tried it once at the time. Couldn't get into it much. But I was gifted ME2, and I'm loving it. Which is kind of bittersweet because I watched on the sidelines all the bullshit of ME3 and its "endings" and I know I'm gonna wanna play ME3 after I finish 2. Most of you have already played through this. Glad I'm finally getting a chance.

Darksiders 2
This game is really fun. Lots of people have been saying it's like a "dark Zelda", and I can kinda see some elements of that. Some of the fights get CRAZY hard sometimes. But man, the environments are incredible! If it's still on sale I highly recommend it. Since when I got it, it included all the DLC AND Darksiders (which I already had anyways) for $13! Whereas Darksiders 2 by itself was $3 more.

I did finish Tiny & Big a few days ago. Pretty short game. But I enjoyed it a lot. I need to go through it again sometime and try for all the tapes and collectibles. Still working through The Witcher, too. And fucking Steam had The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition for $13! Ridiculous. I wanna try it. But I told myself I'd finish the first one first. Maybe I'll pick it up for the Summer Sale. Maybe I'll have some of these god damn games finished by then.

EDIT: @ Grimmy - Chivalry looked fun. I've watched a few videos on it. But it looks like a game I'd get more enjoyment out of watching than playing. But that's just me. I feel like I'd be awful at it.
Old 12-28-2012   #9160
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Been playing alot of BFBC2 lately, I have the entire BF3 collection (so far) but BC2 is somehow alot more relaxing to play. BF3 can be so damn stressfull and since I'm playing games for recreation it's not something I play alot.

@Zero Did you continue on a ME1 savegame? That way you can start out with 2 (or more) different beginnings and have a say in who died and who didn't. If you don't use a savegame it's always the same scenario. I'd recommend playing with the default character because the self-made character never looks quite as good (looks alot less realistic) even in ME2. But you're probably already half-way into the game so nevermind that.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #9161
Zero
Veteran Member

I'm already about 9 hours in. But if I decide to go back to play through ME1, I'll do that fer sher.
Old 12-28-2012   #9162
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Mass Effect 2
I've had the first one for quite a while and only tried it once at the time. Couldn't get into it much. But I was gifted ME2, and I'm loving it. Which is kind of bittersweet because I watched on the sidelines all the bullshit of ME3 and its "endings" and I know I'm gonna wanna play ME3 after I finish 2. Most of you have already played through this. Glad I'm finally getting a chance.
get the DLC's too when you get a chance also, some of them are free if you register your activation key, and also Shadow Broker, Arrival, Overlord Pack, and Kasumi Pack all have msisions.

http://social.bioware.com/page/me2-dlc

as for ME3, the endings were fixed on one of the patches so any news you saw of people complaining about them is old now.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 12-28-2012 at 10:31 AM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012   #9163
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Mostly been playing GW2 recently. Also picked up FTL and played that for a short time.
Got Dishonored for Christmas so I've gotta give that a try very soon.
Old 12-29-2012   #9164
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Assassins Creed III

Tried to give it another go, but it's still inferior to the previous games. It feels like they're forcing the pace of the game rather than letting you play how you like, which is not fun.
Old 12-29-2012   #9165
mattt
(&) Delinquents
Addicted Member

mattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant future
just finished the walking dead

hats off to telltale. brilliant game