Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012   #9076
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
3 hours of Payday The Heist. Great with people you know.
Old 10-19-2012   #9077
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Sleeping Dogs

This game just keeps getting better. It's a little melodramatic at times but overall I'm really liking it.

Also Battlefield 3. Most people are playing on the Premium maps though and I haven't bought that yet.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012   #9078
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
Finished Sleeping Dogs the other week.

The game was not on my radar at all then I borrowed it off a friend and I loved it. The story, the city, all of it was just really good. It does nothing to make it a stand out game, but it still manages to be awesome.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012   #9079
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Had Borderlands 2 since release day. Still in its wrapper. I feel dirty for neglecting such an obviously awesome game.
Old 10-19-2012   #9080
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Ha! Speaking of old PS1 stuff, I found the demo disk that came with my PS1. It was the PlayStation Underground vol. 5 CD. Had demos for Crash Bandicoot 2, Gran Turismo, Fighting Force, Cool Boarders 2, Armored Core, Jet Moto 2, etc. I ended up buying most of the games on it. It even had "secret" demos that you had to enter in a code to access.

Also my old college dorm neighbor was ranked in the worldwide top 10 for DDR players, and the top 5 for doubles (dancing on two pads at once.) Watching him was insane. He now works for a company that's developing a more difficult alternative to DDR (as if it wasn't hard enough lol.)

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 10-20-2012   #9081
Piggus
Wicked Member

Hahaha yep that's the one. So what you do is in the grid of games (there 9 I think?) you highlight the one on the middle left or middle right and then press one of the shoulder buttons... can't remember which one. But it will cause the panel to rotate which reveals a three button code. When you enter that code on that panel, it will start a secret demo. There's a different demo for the middle right and middle left panels. I'm gonna see if it works now and I might be able to describe it better... although my demo disk is scratched to hell. :p

EDIT: Ok I figured it out. Amazingly my disk works.

If you highlight Crash Bandicoot 2 and press "Circle, Circle, Triangle" you'll get a demo for Colony Wars. If you highlight Star Wars Masters and press "Triangle, Triangle, Square" you'll get a demo for Fighting Force which has different weapons than in the full game.

Last edited by Piggus; 10-20-2012 at 02:23 AM..
Old 10-20-2012   #9082
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I had the demo with Kula World, I fucking loved that demo for some reason. It had some random animation demo, too, which I remember having a T-Rex. You couldn't back out of the game though you had to restart the PS1

Actually, I think they may have been seperate demos

Last edited by thenotsogoodtrickster; 10-20-2012 at 05:56 AM..
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #9083
Piggus
Wicked Member

Putting in that demo disk inspired me to play through Fighting Force on my Vita actually. Man that game is short! Although there are multiple characters and paths so I'll need to go through it again.

Anyway played some Battlefield 3 after installing the new AMD "Never-Settle" 12.11 Beta drivers. Huuuuuuuuge performance boost. Even on Gulf of Oman (very demanding map) my fps rarely goes under 60 and averages at about 75. That's at everything set to Ultra with 2xMSAA and High quality FXAA.

Old 10-23-2012   #9084
Lisa4977
Newbie Member

Lisa4977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Was playing Canis Canem Edit on PS2 an hour ago. I think I'll play some more.
Lisa4977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012   #9085
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Started and finished Puzzle Agent. Took me around 3 hours.

WHAT THE FUCK CLIFFHANGER ENDING
Old 11-02-2012   #9086
Piggus
Wicked Member

Need for Speed Most Wanted on Vita. Pretty impressive feat on a technical level considering they didnt cut any content from the console versions though I wish the shadows were a little cleaner.

Old 11-05-2012   #9087
mattt
(&) Delinquents
Addicted Member

mattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant future
halo 4 - got it a day early heeee

pretty good so far. audio is awesome. so are the graphics. definitely milked the hardware on these consoles now
Old 11-06-2012   #9088
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Postal 2 COMPLETE

It was one of the Greenlight games that was remastered and released on steam, It has widescreen support now and all the addon packs + a multiplayer addon with it and more DLC content along steam achievemnts will be coming later

It was and still is one of my favorite games

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223470/

worth the $13 I paid for it.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #9089
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Played Payday: The Heist last night with my housemates. Was pretty fun despite running like a dog on my pc. We failed every time, i dunno if i should blame my terrible lag or if it's actually difficult.. but whatever.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #9090
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
You can get overwhelmed very easily, the worst are the ones where it's a straight line to a objective and you've got SWAT flanking and snipers on overwatch

If a guy goes down out of cover it's basically a meat grinder trying to revive him again