Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012   #9061
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Currently playing Ninja Gaiden 2.

Just a button masher deluxe, can you move around like a fucking douche and mash buttons faster than the enemy can attack you?

Still cool though. Even though I wouldn't have payed more than what I did pay for it.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #9062
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Battlefield 3 with my new 7970.

60 fps average or more at max setting with MSAA. hnnnggg

Also I get 900 fps in Counter-Strike Source with 8xAA. lol....

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #9063
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
The Walking Dead episode 4.

I really love the direction it's going and it actually seems like the choices are starting to split up a bit more rather than in the beginning where it was like Make a choice, but the same shit is going to happen, just some people will be more angry with you than if you made the other choice.
The number of times you don't know where Clementine is really gets you nervous (as it's supposed to.) I decided to leave her at the house while we went to get the supplies from Crawford and the whole time I'm just thinking this girl is going to get fucked up somehow. Thankfully I decided to give her a gun and she shot a zombie that got into the house. Not sure what other options could have happened but I was glad that things went ok. I've also noticed a growing divide between her and Lee as she keeps wanting to find her parents, and we pretty much know they're gone. I guess I should have tried telling her that instead of saying we'll look for them.
I also let Ben die, he screwed us over in the last episode and we wouldn't be able to take everyone with us anyways and he was the most useless from what I've seen so I just let him fall. Of course they had to end it with Clementine being kidnapped so I was like wtf I want to play the next episode right now not in a month or two.
Old 10-12-2012   #9064
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
Borderlands 2

Doing TVHM with Zer0, much prefer it with the difficulty amped
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #9065
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Neptunes Pride. Space X4 Browser game. Took around a month to finish with 8 players

Old 10-12-2012   #9066
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

I lose a man every mission like clockwork. One dies and the rest are untouched. This time it was Lt. Arthemis, who was basically the only person in my squad who had a rocket launcher, heavy.

Now it's 5 sniper and 1 assault. I'm going to lose so very, very hard. Right now I need engineers, and then I'm going to make carapace armour finally, I can't lose any more fucking men. Rookies aren't men, they are a walking fucking tragedy.

Last edited by Xan; 10-12-2012 at 07:24 PM..
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #9067
Grimmy

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Just Cause 2 multiplayer. Me and two other dudes decided to take over a Airport and kill everyone who came over or spawned there. Had a hit squad on us but we killed em all with our helicopters. So much fun.
Old 10-12-2012   #9068
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Oh man that sounds awesome. Is it similar to SAMP or MTA?

Last I played was Sleeping Dogs. It was free with my new video card. Pretty cool so far and I can see why they included it because it runs at 60 fps locked at max settings.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #9069
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
I played a bit of Crysis 2, downloaded this texture mod pack for it and it makes the game look so much better but uses up video ram like crazy, this would be a good test for your new video card Piggus.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1315081/m...-beta-download

Also I'm still playing Borderlands 2, the Mechromancer Character that just released kicks ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post
I'm curious too I loved playing just cause 2 but not tried the multiplayer mod for it yet.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 10-14-2012 at 06:32 PM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #9070
Grimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post

Last I played was Sleeping Dogs. It was free with my new video card. Pretty cool so far and I can see why they included it because it runs at 60 fps locked at max settings.
Its similar to SAMP in the way that it just throws you into this massive world with like 5000 other dudes. But the world is so huge that you don't see all of them. Since the last time I took part in their open weekends they added the ability to shoot each other and when a player is in the stunt position it doesn't glitch out. A deathmatch mode in a arena and the option to teleport to specific places has been added.
Old 10-14-2012   #9071
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
Its similar to SAMP in the way that it just throws you into this massive world with like 5000 other dudes. But the world is so huge that you don't see all of them. Since the last time I took part in their open weekends they added the ability to shoot each other and when a player is in the stunt position it doesn't glitch out. A deathmatch mode in a arena and the option to teleport to specific places has been added.
Is thier a limit on number of vehicles that can spawn? somehow I find it hard to believe that 5000 users can all use vehicles at the same time.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #9072
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
^One of my good mates that i went to uni with is one of the developers on JC2-MP I told him i was gonna check it out months ago but i was bad and never did
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #9073
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Sims 3. Still messing around with it now.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #9074
Grimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite View Post
Is thier a limit on number of vehicles that can spawn? somehow I find it hard to believe that 5000 users can all use vehicles at the same time.
If 5000 people would decide to go to every parking lot and airport and get every car and plane they can and decide to meet in one place... it would be possible.
Old 10-15-2012   #9075
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
using a vehicles doesn't necessarily mean a performance impact at all.. in fact it could be optimizing, depending on the game's effects. If you have to be in a vehicle, that is only a refernce to a game object which could be as little as a pointer (4 bytes). If theres smoke or flame effects or something that will obviously effect performance. But if the normal non-vehicle player has complex animations and stuff, perhaps that could be less efficient than a vehicle.

apparent performance hits mostly come from the fact that vehicles travel so much faster, so they have to use inaccurate prediction to estimate where the car will be next update rather than just setting it. that makes it look jumpy as fuck, but if it was slow you probably wouldn;t even see it kickin around and shit.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote