Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012   #9016
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Final Fantasy X was was awesome, I finished that one twice, considering how long it was to, it's been the only one in the series that ever grabbed me, just that intro with Blitzball, Sin rising from the waters, attacking the City, Auron looking over it being the bad ass he is, etc.

...that reminds me, where's FFX HD? Was suppose to be coming out on Vita and PS3.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #9017
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
They were HD-ing X but not VII?!?
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #9018
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legham View Post
They were HD-ing X but not VII?!?
Easier to do I remember reading ages back they have all those CGI scenes stored and mastered in much much higher resolutions, the rest of the stuff can get the usual "HD" treatment of just displaying it in Widescreen (Which the game already had an option for, just locked out, could be enabled via gameshark) and rendering it as 1280x720 instead of 640x440.

edit: Oh wait, no, they are apparently putting some effort in, here's one of the first shots release showing Yuna's New In Game Model compared to the original one
Old 09-24-2012   #9019
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I'd be surprised if they used anything less than that in game. That's still pretty low quality for today's hardware.

As for cutscenes... probably depends how much they're spending on this. With cutscenes it's not just a matter of replacing the model they'd have to completely re-render the scenes.. Squaresoft have spent millions on their cutscenes in the past, but I'd be surprised if they spend that much on this.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #9020
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Finally played the 3rd episode of the Walking Dead.
Got pretty crazy
Pretty much the entire group is dead now, in true Walking Dead fashion. No one is safe. Lilly shooting Carley really took me by surprise, although I think it could have played out differently if I condemned Ben (who actually did it that fuck). Although I have a feeling they will keep Lee and Clementine alive til the end since you play as Lee and it's kind of your purpose to protect her. I'm starting to get a Rick/Carl vibe, how he's now starting to teach her how to handle herself.

The first one was slow but the next two really got way better.
Old 09-25-2012   #9021
Ash_735

Metal Gear Solid 2 HD on the PS3, finding out soo much more stuff that I've never noticed all these years, such as:

- After saving E.E, when she explains about GW, she lets off a little hint about the ending when she says The Patriots were planning on a massive simulation to feed into GW and let it analyze "but then a few days later, all this happened!"

- When you have to get back to Shell 1 Core after Emma has been stabbed, if you try and go anywhere else such as the Heliport or the DE Connection Bridge, the doors are locked, Snake calls to say that because of the security change and the shift of guards to Arsenal Main, Arsenal Gear has gone into Security Lock Down and Otacon has unlocked the doors leading to Shell 1, obviously meaning you HAVE to go there

- When inside Arsenal Gear, if you keep calling Otacon during the big guard fight, Otacon talks about the Mass Produced RAYS, how they're cheaper made and how they are controlled by Arsenal, and how it has a limited capacity to only control a couple of Units at one time whilst keeping its own security in check to, which is why in the RAY fight, you only fight three at a time whilst the rest wait on the side lines
Old 09-25-2012   #9022
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Dota 2 - Lame
Shatter - Really Cool
Wizorb - Really Cool
Rochard - Nearing the end, really cool
Magicka - Played Deathmatch with some people
FTL - FUCK MANTIS'
Old 09-26-2012   #9023
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Planetside 2

Joined up with a random TR squad, and we spent the next 2 hours attacking areas around Rashnu biolabs. Once we took over the nearby areas, got up to assault the Biolabs themselves.

After that I got promoted to Squad leader, naturally me being a shitty leader but apparently a good person who obeys commands. We tried to hold Rashnu and then after another 30 minutes of back and forth tug of war with NC we lost it again.

At least I got my new char up to 4 Battle Rank. I think I'll focus on Heavy Assault and Prowler/Lightning combat mostly. I'm never, ever going solo again. It's just too much fucking fun playing in a proper squad.
Old 09-26-2012   #9024
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
I couldn't bring myself to finish the first Dead Space. The whole time I played it was go fix this, great you fixed it! now go fix this! Dead Space 2 on the other hand, possibly one of my favorite horror games.

Xan what server do you play on?

Last edited by BlackSilver65; 09-26-2012 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
BlackSilver65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #9025
SpykeCustoms
Newbie Member

SpykeCustoms is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm currently playing GTA:San Andreas.

By the way, I've been a lurker in this website and now I've decided to register in this Forum. I'm looking forward to gain friends here and got some help if I have some issues regarding GTA games.
SpykeCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #9026
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
EU Chaldene - I play on that server because usually during the day it's like 25VS - 25TR - 40+ NC. I found it boring playing on a server where your faction has the majority population, not to mention it gets embarrassing when TR is pushed back to the warpgate and just holds the crown all day looong.

I'd make a char on a US server if we had more people from here playing
Old 09-27-2012   #9027
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
I play on the US East 03, I dunno if its still named that after they changed it up I havent played in about a week or two. Vanu always has majority on that server and I play TR. Vanu was completely destroying everything until they moved the warpgates. TR got moved to top and we started dominating everything, we pushed all the to Zurvan and then like a 3 day battle commenced between all the factions for it.
BlackSilver65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #9028
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Borderlands 2

Still playing it, I'm up to level 36 on Playthrough 2 so far, I'm just going until I max out the level cap to see what kinda loot I can get.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #9029
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Some old stupid pokemans hack on an emulator.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #9030
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGF View Post
Some old stupid pokemans hack on an emulator.
I tried that a couple of weeks a go to see what the pokemon games on the DS were like, and I had no idea what any of the Pokemon were, are the original 151 even in Black and White?