Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012   #8791
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Witcher 2: Enh. Edition

Getting between 12 - 45 FPS, 1920x1080. Maxed settings, no AA, Large Textures. No Uber that's for sure.

Also, fuck damn! This game is hard! I've been playing the prologue or whatever you call it, I've died more than 15 times now. This is supposed to be a tutorial to get used to the game. You can't heal during combat, at least not in the beginning. This isn't Skyrim, your going to play and show skill in combat and evasiveness or your going to perish hard.

Edit: Woooo! Managed to beat that fucking knight and the 4 douchenozzles. Took me 7 tries, 5 times with traps and combat, twice with bombs.

Killed myself 4 times, two times I got stabbed like a dog and at the last attempt I barely managed to win the fight. Got onto the next part now where I barely was able to win a QTE. Spamming buttons is useless as it has no effect. Apart from a broken fist, I really like this game. The graphics are a sexual experience.
lol you think thats hard? give stalkersoup a try if you havn't yet, I died way way more times then I could count, the A/I is almost like single shot kills they are so deadly accurate now (and thats just on advance difficulty).

just be sure to get the latest patches on his site, he updates them at least once or twice a week with more and more fixes its a great mod.

http://www.tecnobacon.com/content/split_downloads.html

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #8792
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Can't even play it since I'm on a 32bit system, so no joy there.

I had to enable 3GB Aware on my system to make Witcher 2 even playable for more than 5 - 10 minutes. I know the 1.0005.exe for SHOC is Large address aware but I already uninstalled it along with the mod. Can't be arsed to try again.

Maybe I'll give it a shot someday when I'm rocking a 64bit system, along with the Crysis 2 Sandbox editor.
Old 05-02-2012   #8793
mattt
(&) Delinquents
Addicted Member

mattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant future
Risen 2

thought id give it a go

has nice graphics ill say

EDIT: but wow, the combat is fucking awful

Last edited by mattt; 05-02-2012 at 02:27 PM..
mattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #8794
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Can't even play it since I'm on a 32bit system, so no joy there.

I had to enable 3GB Aware on my system to make Witcher 2 even playable for more than 5 - 10 minutes. I know the 1.0005.exe for SHOC is Large address aware but I already uninstalled it along with the mod. Can't be arsed to try again.

Maybe I'll give it a shot someday when I'm rocking a 64bit system, along with the Crysis 2 Sandbox editor.
ahh yea this mod definately needs windows 7 64 bit and at least 4 to 8GB of ram, I'm using a modified xrgame.dll file to unlock 4GB address aware (you need this even with 1.0005), and I also have -noprefetch in the command line of the exe.

Also its best to play this mod on the Steam version of the game, it has problems with the retail disk version.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Old 05-02-2012   #8795
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Played some Minecraft on iPad. It's been updated to support survival mode which is nice. Although I hope Mojang will add options to increase the view distance for iPad 3 owners. With max settings it never goes under 60 fps on iPad 3 leading me to think that it could support a much larger view distance than on other devices.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #8796
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
Fable Heroes, love it.

Me and the sister haven't stopped playing since like 4pm.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012   #8797
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition

Managed to get to the Final Chapter, got some of the best gear possible (including the best possible swordman gear) and they still cut through me like butter. I like a game that just doesn't give you complete dominance when you get a piece of gear. Got 57 armour and they still hit like tanks.

Last edited by Xan; 05-06-2012 at 05:18 AM..
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012   #8798
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
I've been playing Mass Effect 3. I'm enjoying it but I find it to be a really buggy game.
In multiplayer I died and my character was thrown into the rafters and I couldn't get down. I tried shooting enemies from up there and then finally got killed again and I kept respawning in retarded spots like 100s of feet above the ground or in some dark hole. I didn't want to quit cause I'd loose all my xp and credits but it was pretty annoying.

I also got some weird audio problems during single player where whatever shepard said outside of the conversation cutscenes was extremely muted.

I'd guess I'm about half way through the game so far. I'm playing an infiltrator and I usually snipe, it's so satisfying when you just keep picking off headshots. Just sucks now that I've encountered the phantoms and nemesis cause they are tougher to hit with the snipers.
Old 05-10-2012   #8799
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Witcher 2. Dragon fight, fun.

I can't feel my small finger anymore, I smashed the mouse with my left hand until the feeling of fire made me pause. Nice and swollen, cut in a few places. Right click is impossible to use, left click barely works, scroll wheel is pretty sturdy and works fine for some reason.

Edit: Managed to pry the right click button with a knife, works fine. Left mouse button is rock hard, this will make the next attempt at killing this dragon even more fun.

Last edited by Xan; 05-10-2012 at 08:42 AM..
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012   #8800
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't notice any bugs in Mass Effect 3. None.

Ugh I still need to download that Witcher 2 update. I'm not very far in that game and would like to finish it with the latest updates.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 05-10-2012   #8801
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post

Ugh I still need to download that Witcher 2 update. I'm not very far in that game and would like to finish it with the latest updates.
The day I mentioned in my other post was the worst, the rest of the time it wasn't that bad.
I do think some of the quests are bugged, however. There's some that say I got to find an object in a certain cluster and when I go to the cluster I have found 100% of resources and can't find anything else. There was a few earlier in the game that did that as well and now they are gone since I couldn't finish them.

Despite all that, I am enjoying the game. I played quite a bit of mp today. I really really just want a better sniper since the one I'm stuck with only has one shot before reloading. Also playing with people who are higher level than you kind of sucks since they tend to just take all the kills from you.
Old 05-11-2012   #8802
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Quote:

I had a wierd bug in ME3 when I played it but it was minor, sometimes when I'm in a dialog with another person thier eyes where in the back of thier head and thier head kept spinning back and forth but thats about it.

as for The Witcher games I havn't even started playing them once yet lol, got them a while ago at the last steam sale.

Last edited by Nite; 05-11-2012 at 05:06 PM..
Old 05-12-2012   #8803
Piggus
Wicked Member

CS: GO

Was 14 and 2 like a baws even though I haven't played CS in a long time and the recoil is way different.

Old 05-12-2012   #8804
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Path of Exile, Stress Test beta for the weekend. I can see myself playing this 20 hours a week at least. Assuming they add more content

Quote:
CS: GO

Was 14 and 2 like a baws even though I haven't played CS in a long time and the recoil is way different.
What is your opinion on CS:GO? Would a hardcore CSS player enjoy it? Hate the gameplay chances etc?
Old 05-12-2012   #8805
Piggus
Wicked Member

I don't really like the feel of it. It feels like it was designed for just consoles. Visually it looks really nice and I like most of the weapons but the AWP is WAY WAY overpowered due to the awkward recoil of the other guns. Seriously... Once you get the AWP, there's no stopping you.

I guess it's like the change from CS 1.6 to CSS. I'm personally used to the feel of CSS so it's hard to get used to CS:GO. It's meant to be a console version of the series and not the next true Counter-Strike game though. So it's not like we're stuck with it for a really long time.... I hope.