Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2012   #8686
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Fable 3.
Finished the story quest. Actually liked how it went.
When you're battling through the darkness at the end there it felt pretty epic. Especially since my character was fully maxed out as far as skills go.

Looks like there's a few more quests that sprouted up so I might try to finish those off before starting El Shaddai or finishing Batman:AC or Skyrim
lillb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012   #8687
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Kingdoms of Amalur.

Damn this game is getting really difficult now, holy shit.

Just kidding. 1,2K Defense and 10HP regen per second. The game engine is incapable of calculating damage through my defense bonus for lower lvl enemies.

Niskaru Lords, the fucking elements of chaos and death, the big bubba of all the enemies in the game deal damage that I can regenerate before I even swing my 700 - 1,4k damage greatsword.

This game is fucked difficulty wise.
Old 02-22-2012   #8688
GTA Mike
Eh?

GTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to behold
GTA 4

Played some online races with my buddy, I forgot how intense that can get
GTA Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012   #8689
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Trackmania. ITS JUST SO FAST
Old 02-22-2012   #8690
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Alan Wake, I'm actually enjoying this a lot more on PC.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012   #8691
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
As far as people are saying, Alan Wake is a perfect port.

Hell, you even get the Console DLC-Chapters included. Worth getting.
Old 02-22-2012   #8692
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
I bought Trackmania 2 Canyon and played about an hour of it. Tons of fun.
Old 02-23-2012   #8693
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Alan Wake

Game looks gorgeous. And the second I realized Max Payne's voice actor McCaffrey was in this I got fucking ecstatic.

A shame though is the fact that Alan cannot run. At all. He gets tired after what looks like baby crawling distance. This means every time you see the Taken you either have to kill them all immediately or risk getting run down and butchered, or you can run to a safe position wherever that may be.

It isn't survival horror. You can kill everything and find ammo a finger twitch away. It would have been nice if you could get hunted down through the forest, having to conserve ammo because your not sure if you want to save one last bullet for yourself.
Old 02-23-2012   #8694
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Super Mario 64, getting exponentially better.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012   #8695
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Alan Wake

Game looks gorgeous. And the second I realized Max Payne's voice actor McCaffrey was in this I got fucking ecstatic.

A shame though is the fact that Alan cannot run. At all. He gets tired after what looks like baby crawling distance. This means every time you see the Taken you either have to kill them all immediately or risk getting run down and butchered, or you can run to a safe position wherever that may be.

It isn't survival horror. You can kill everything and find ammo a finger twitch away. It would have been nice if you could get hunted down through the forest, having to conserve ammo because your not sure if you want to save one last bullet for yourself.
I been slowly playing through Alan Wake myself, and to be honest its a bit too repetitive and too linear, you will see as you get further in. It's basicly the same enemies in a different map, and it repeats
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012   #8696
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
The "rock and roll" scene makes up for all of that. Once of the best gaming sequences ever. I do wish there was more exploration though instead of "ok look at this beautiful place for 5 minutes and then fight enemies in the dark for an hour."

Also the music is awesome. Poets of the Fall ftw.
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012   #8697
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
Been playing that Batman Imposters demo thing, it's amazing... not sure if it's worth the purchase though.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #8698
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post
The "rock and roll" scene makes up for all of that. Once of the best gaming sequences ever. I do wish there was more exploration though instead of "ok look at this beautiful place for 5 minutes and then fight enemies in the dark for an hour."

That scene was fucking awesome. It felt like a explosive unleash of all the tension that's been building up through that episode.
Old 02-25-2012   #8699
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I've been playing a fair bit of games lately while we've had no internet and i now live with 3 hardcore gamers lol. No recent ones though, cause I couldn't get onto steam..

Diablo 2. We did the first three chapters in a 4 player LAN.
Quake 3. Both LAN and single player. I learnt how to strafe jump and stuff and I've gotten heaps better
LittleBigPlanet. The more players you have the harder it gets D:
Motorstorm: Apocalypse. I pwn the rest of the house at this game
Warcraft 3. Playing through the campaign.
Some warcraft 3 mod where you have to build buildings that generate your units and you get more income and you just have to have your creeps destroy the other town.

I think thats most of them.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #8700
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
That scene was fucking awesome. It felt like a explosive unleash of all the tension that's been building up through that episode.
now I know what scene you guys are talking about on the stage, it was fucking awesome, best part of the game so far that I have run into, action packed.

I just passed it.

I have to admit I'm liking this game more and more now, it has a mix of a combination of feutures from many games I like to play all in one.

edit: just finished the main game, I'm working on the DLC's now.

Last edited by Nite; 02-26-2012 at 08:10 PM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote