Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2011   #8551
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Fallout New Vegas Lonesome Road

S'alright. Short though,
Old 09-25-2011   #8552
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
Old World Blues some more, although the game keeps crashing when I fast travel to or from the Sink

Edit: now it's just crashing on any fast travel. Fuck.
Fallout New Vegas has always been really stable on my system, no issues at all

but Fallout 3 however is a nightmare, I strongly think Games For Windows Live is whats causing most of the crashes in that game, but unofortunately I have to use it or the in game DLC won't work properly, somehow they are tied together =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Fallout New Vegas Lonesome Road

S'alright. Short though,

Yea its short indeed, I already wen't through that DLC 3 times trying different ways to do the quests and get the ending I wanted.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 09-25-2011 at 03:44 PM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #8553
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Played some more Sim City 4 last night for a little bit. I found my really old regions that I made years ago (probably around 7 or so years ago) with all my best cities, though I had all kinds of stupid shitty ass plugins on it.

Every time I would go into a city, the game would immediately crash to desktop. So, out of deduction I removed the plugins that were causing it. Turns out, it only fixed that particular city.

I went into another city after spending a couple hours removing fucked up plugins, crashed to fucking desktop.

Fuck this goddamn stupid shit. Thanks for wasting my motherfucking time you piece of shit.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #8554
Jon P
Free your mind up

Jon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud of
Gears of War 3 Beast Mode... so good
Old 09-25-2011   #8555
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Dead Island. Really good effort. My biggest gripe with it is the bugs. It's basically borderlands meets zombie apocalypse imo.

Yesterday my friend and I got to the city area. As you would expect its a lot tougher than the resort. I just hope we can get a full party of 4 people together some time to really dominate since the two of us were getting overrun a few times.
Old 09-26-2011   #8556
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
City of Heroes. Lvling is so much faster now. Streamlined a bunch of stuff.

Also its free now... so yeah
Old 09-26-2011   #8557
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Minecraft.

God, I want to fuck Notch with a iron spiked dildo. My god, 1.8.1 / 1.9 is unplayable. It dies after 5 minutes every single time with the standard OUT OF MEMORY BUG GLITCH ETC ETC error.

Ingame the meter never goes above 250MB out of 490MB Alloc/896Max.

Using a resource monitor, the Javaw.exe goes to 900MB and then dies. There is some seriously fucked memory leaking going on, all earlier versions never did this. Not even with a x256 texture pack

I spent 4 hours playing on a world, never had a single issue. Now it's suddenly unplayable. I'm just gonna move my Char inventory to a new world.

>Generate new world
>Move over level.dat
>Same inv, same seed
>OUT OF MEMORY? OH WILLIAMS YOU SO CRAZEEEH, STAWP IT
>500MB and climbing, no crash
>Please ladies, contain yourselves.

edit: Oh shit. I don't know what the hell happened, I spawned in the middle of a rock, got shot off normal into a lake, went around, underground and was there for about 30 minutes.

I decide to go up, dig and find a lake above me. Okay, follow the water up, see the fucking sunset UNDER the god damn water.

For some reason, in those 30 minutes underground the water level has gone up at least 40 blocks. Weird but fucking awesome.

Edit2: Yep, entire world underwater, only place to go is high mountains and etc. Basically I've managed to create a Pirates of The Caribbean map though sheer stupidity.

Last edited by Xan; 09-26-2011 at 10:03 AM..
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #8558
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Battlefield 3 Beta
Loving it despite its bugs.
The worst one is probably the fact that if your arming or disarming it sometimes resets even if you continue to hold it.
But I like the way the moving and shooting feel. I've also done really well for the most part so that's nice.
Old 10-01-2011   #8559
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite View Post
Fallout New Vegas has always been really stable on my system, no issues at all

but Fallout 3 however is a nightmare, I strongly think Games For Windows Live is whats causing most of the crashes in that game, but unofortunately I have to use it or the in game DLC won't work properly, somehow they are tied together =/

Yea its short indeed, I already wen't through that DLC 3 times trying different ways to do the quests and get the ending I wanted.
Want to know a funny thing? Pirate F3 / DLC, simply use FOMM and install XLive custom .DLL for complete removal, move saves and it works. DLC and all

Just another way to route around cancer cells
Old 10-02-2011   #8560
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Want to know a funny thing? Pirate F3 / DLC, simply use FOMM and install XLive custom .DLL for complete removal, move saves and it works. DLC and all

Just another way to route around cancer cells
I actually found out it was the steam in game, xfire in game, or fraps was causing the freeze ups, as long as I have no other API's running with GFW. then its more stable

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Old 10-02-2011   #8561
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
FIFA 12, much better than the last one. But EA never fails to fuck up with the menus and general navigation being shitty/buggy/slow/fuckingannoying.

There's a hiccup in the game every time you access a custom made team. Makes playing Career Mode a massive chore as it freezes for 10 seconds on almost every screen. Considering you go through at least 4 (I think) just to start every new game.
Old 10-03-2011   #8562
Grimmy

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Finished Shaun White Skateboarding. Fun little game. Got kinda stale towards the end but overall a fun experience.

Playing Arkham Asylum again to find all the collectibles and solving all the Riddler... riddles.
Old 10-04-2011   #8563
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

RAGE

So Far I'm not really impressed.

The Bad:
the missions are too short
the texture quality is horrible
some keys can't be mapped to the controls (such as Enter)
Basic Inventory and Weapon Customization
No way to control the graphics except resolution, and AA
It's more linear then I thought it would be
Sun brightness is way too high it washes out the textures to plain white in alot of areas

The Good:
Somewhat Decent combat.
Vehicle Control is ok, but could be better, don't like the way it controls the mouse look when in them.
The virtual texture system, so far I havn't seen any areas that look the same.

Old 10-04-2011   #8564
Grimmy

Is the fact that you dont have a map or compass or quest markers become a big factor in the game? Like it hinders you from enjoying the game
Old 10-04-2011   #8565
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
Is the fact that you dont have a map or compass or quest markers become a big factor in the game? Like it hinders you from enjoying the game
all it has is a minimap with a bunch of white dots telling you which way to go for the selected mission but only does it when driving, the actual towns or missions themself don't have anything, thier is no full size map at all either. So yes it can be a problem, I can't plan where I want to to go on my own or what areas I been to already.

also I don't see any fast travel system so ya have to drive back and forth between locations.

This game has console port written all over it, it's horrible.

Last edited by Nite; 10-04-2011 at 01:17 PM..