Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2011   #8476
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Mafia 1.

Thought to myself, well, I do want to play this, but quickly, so I downloaded a trainer, put on Infinite Health.

I STILL FUCKING DIE.

I have a trainer, I have Infinite Health Turned On, and I still fucking Die!

Because of that stupid Headshot bullshit, this game is cheap! You can't headshot them as it's not programmed into the game, but they can headshot you? At complete Random. I'm really trying to give this game a chance, but I can't even cheat my way through without it being even cheaper back at me. Fuck it, I'm gonna play Deus Ex in a few days and this will be uninstalled.
Try different tactics is all I can say ash, It can be done, I finished the game like 5 - 6 times

Freeride Extreme Mode is worth it so at least finish the game once.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011   #8477
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I passed the mission, now I'm back with PAULIE!!!!!!

PS: I hate the AI in this game, haha. I'm stuck on a checkpoint where Paulie kicks open a Barn Door and we have to take out who's inside, but guess what, Paulie just runs off, and dies whilst I'm playing it safe. There's even been a few points wher they Headshot Paulie as soon as he kicks the door open, ROFL, so, I see a loading screen, the checkpoint, where Paulie says we need to clear the barn, he kicks the door, and dies, Mission Failed, well that was a waste of 30 seconds game.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011   #8478
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
ahh I know exactly what mission you are on haha

picking up the shipment of booze if I remember right.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Old 08-23-2011   #8479
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
What? That was one of my other favorite missions in that game, the late night farm one. Also the one where you are collecting payment, and later have to chase that yellow Lassiter(sp?) out into the country, and my MOST favorite, 'stealing from rich people' one.

It is really a trial and error game, I know I myself have gotten to points where I'd have to reload a previous section because the next section I opened I had too low of health to do jack shit.

I don't remember the AI being as retarded for me as it is for you though.

My least favorite mission is probably Omerta. I fucking hate that goddamn parking garage one too... I got stuck on that one for AGES only to realize I never knew where to go or what to do once I cleared out the place. I raged when I found out. Oh and that one where you are with Salieri in that pizza place, then RANDOM ambush. But it wasn't that bad though.

I need to install and play this game again so badly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite View Post
picking up the shipment of booze if I remember right.
and it is really crates full of diamonds? DUN DUN DUNDUNDUN DUNNNNLNLLNLN

-----

Anywho, more Sims 3 last night. Slowly losing my interest in it once again. Thankfully...

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011   #8480
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy

Finished my 2nd run today and i've got 2 endings so far, I'll try to do the 3rd tomorrow and then I'll go onto the final and true ending.

Plan after that is to start a pure PSI or pure Hacking character.
Old 08-26-2011   #8481
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
New Vegas. It sure fucking loves freezing on me.

I bought the fucking thing way back when, a couple months after it got released, and could never update or anything without an internet connection.

I swear, it fucking acted up less pre-update. It freezes on me more than it ever did. Aren't updates supposed to help and prevent shit like that from occurring?

I am just happy it autosaved directly before, otherwise, I would have went another week without playing it.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
Old 08-26-2011   #8482
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Fallout 3 was the only time I've ever witnessed a game progressively die from Savegame bloat.

I've had hundreds of hours of basically just random combat and Marts Mutant Mod, through every single patch that ever came out, and through multiple mod versions that I did clean out every time I upgraded.

Made a new save, boom. Gone, stable enough to last a hour. Before that, crashed in 10 minutes, max.

I still can't tell if I hit the 32bit memory limit or the game was just upstrung about me having having taken the spawning system, given it a shot of whiskey and then stuck a needle full of PCP up it's ass.
Old 08-26-2011   #8483
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

Wow.

Was playing New Vegas. Of course, all of you know about the weird texture/mesh stretch thingie right? How a certain character/etc loads in a certain area, and the texture is sometimes stretched "infinity"?

Well.

I was going down South, to that NCR camp down there (one with giant handshake statue)

Okay, I was going down the road. As I approached this one merchant (Brahmin was there), the Brahmin had that wrong with it, its leg or something was stretched toward the sky literally to infinity. I thought "haha, that is weird."

I walked away, came back, merchant was there. Brahmin wasn't, was all like, wtf?

I face a certain direction... and what I saw...

It was like... THE WHOLE FUCKING MESH/TEXTURE OF THE FUCKING BRAHMIN EXPLODED ALL OVER THE FUCKING SCREEN. No, not exaggerating here. It was stretched covering the WHOLE fucking SCREEN.

I FLIPPED fucking SHIT. Immediately quit the game. I honestly wet myself a little bit, not to mention squealing like a little fucking girl. Holy fucking god fucking shit that was the craziest fucking shit I have ever fucking seen in that game.

Just, wow. Fuck that fucking shit. My insides hurt from that. Fuck you Bethesda, and the crazy ass glitches in your game. Get your fucking shit together bros.

Quote:
Old 08-26-2011   #8484
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

LOL I to had those glitches a few times, randomly I see enemys being stretched to hell or bouncing around the map in Fallout.

Old 08-27-2011   #8485
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy

Finished my 4th run and thus the 4th and final ending. It's good in the sense that you now understand what you are and where you are, but apart from that it's lackluster.

They could have made the ending something to remember, but it's just a excuse.
Old 08-27-2011   #8486
mattt
(&) Delinquents
Addicted Member

mattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Mafia 1.

Thought to myself, well, I do want to play this, but quickly, so I downloaded a trainer, put on Infinite Health.

I STILL FUCKING DIE.

I have a trainer, I have Infinite Health Turned On, and I still fucking Die!

Because of that stupid Headshot bullshit, this game is cheap! You can't headshot them as it's not programmed into the game, but they can headshot you? At complete Random. I'm really trying to give this game a chance, but I can't even cheat my way through without it being even cheaper back at me. Fuck it, I'm gonna play Deus Ex in a few days and this will be uninstalled.
headshots do count. its not that hard. it is a pain in the arse sometimes tho ill give you that
Old 08-27-2011   #8487
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Mafia was one of the harder games I've ever played.

Mostly because you had to babysit Sam and Paulie. One of them dies, your history. They get wounded? Your fucked, there is no way to heal them mid chapter.

Story wise, game is a gem. A pure gem.

I remember my first baseball bat kill like it was yesterday. Spent 5 minutes chasing some poor guy down because he rammed into my car, I kept nudging him with my bat until he got caught on his own damn car.

I put all my strength into that next swing, the loudest crack you've ever heard. You could just daydream about his neck smashing into a million pieces of dust. He went down on his knees, and slumped on the cold street.
Old 08-27-2011   #8488
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Deus Ex: HR

Great game. Also

THE FUCKIN ILLUMINATI ARE AT IT AGAIN
Old 08-28-2011   #8489
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Deus Ex HR

For one minute. Apparently my settings are too high and thus I CANNOT PLAY. Come on, 450 MB RAM usage and my GPU is barely fucking warm enough to keep a living being alive.

I'm going to turn off FRAPS now, this better be it or I'm fucking pissed. I can run Crysis and 2 no problem, why not you? Hell, I assume the setting go above Medium if you have DX11.

EDIT: Yep, confirmed bug reading on Steam Forums. User with 580GTX playing DX11 Maxed out, suddenly the next day he can't play because of the resource error message. Only way to bypass this is to play on default settings.

EDIT2: Suddenly on the third try it worked. I'm now ingame. This is the first time in my life I've had to reduce mouse sensitivity, which is heresy considering I like playing twitch shooters. The game really does have fucked up mouse control, the leaked version was much more smooth and optimized when it came to the mouse control.

EDIT3: Now I've had to increase the mouse sensitivity because the jerking was too intense at a constant over 60FPS rate. I never asked for this.

EDIT4: It's Deus Ex, fucking everything else and get ready for a ride.

EDIT5: No. It's not the mouse sensitivity. The actual mouse movement is delayed, this is insane. When your playing on GMDE you can't just do that. I need to be able to track my opponent and deliver precise headshots. I sure as hell won't be using the aiming reticule, not a babby.

Hell, this is why I considered the 10MM Handgun the best weapon in the game. Sufficient firepower when aiming at a weak point, armour piercing, silenced and available ammo. You just cannot miss. Hell, I even single fire the Combat Rifle.

Last edited by Xan; 08-28-2011 at 12:00 PM..
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011   #8490
mattt
(&) Delinquents
Addicted Member

mattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant future
Runs flawless for me maxed out man. Its optimised pretty well. Great game. Pistol is deffo my most used weapon. Ammo for the rifle is pretty rare to pick up for some reason.