Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2011   #8296
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Today i played the DLC for Portal 2 with the Razer Hydra motion controls at uni. These things:

It was pretty bloody cool and added some sweet features to Portal. Portal surfing is pretty awesome, being able to grab portals and move them along walls and twist them on angles. And being able to push cubes out in front of you by moving your right hand forward. Also the stretchable cube was pretty cool to. Only downside is that navigation was a bit of a pain. Because you can do all sorts of things with wrist movemovent to twist and rotate objects the cross hair isn't always at the middle of the screen. Otherwise everytime you twisted something you view would just go all over the place. That's a good thing that it doesn't do that, but it's a pain for navigation because to turn you have to turn your wrist to make the cross hair over on the edge of the screen then push along further to actually rotate your view. It's especially painful if you're just walking somewhere and only need to change your direction a slight bit.

But apart from that one downside it's really fun playing with that controller. Im hoping to see more games designed to take advantage of it in the future. Apparently Portal 2 is the only one so far.
Legham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011   #8297
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
I'm also playing F.E.A.R. 3, and I do agree that the cover system is bulky, its better to just stand behind something and strafe back and forth.

Also wtf at the graphics? even at max detail they look even worse then Fear 2, and I thought Fear 2 looked bad compared to the original fear games

edit: ok I finished the game, and the graphics were somewhat better later on, and as ussuall the ending sucked, the middle of the game had better action. It' had lots of difficult areas but I managed to finish it on commando difficulty

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 06-27-2011 at 02:29 AM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011   #8298
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Final Fantasy XIII.

Finally got it a while back and have the time to play now. Fuck, I wish I had gotten this game when it came out. About an hour in and I fucking love it so far.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011   #8299
doombringer12
It's About War Not About Peace

doombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enough
The Witcher 2.... not bad nope not bad at all..

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:dragon_Alphabet
doombringer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011   #8300
JCMercenary
If you can't wear a spandex jumpsuit...

JCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of light
Red Dead Redemption. Seriously went from level 1 (first Legend) to level 18 in under an hour. This is suhweeeet

JCMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011   #8301
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Magicka.

It sucks.
Old 07-03-2011   #8302
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Clock Tower on ePSXe.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
Old 07-03-2011   #8303
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Magicka.

It sucks.

You're joking right? Once you get used to the control scheme Magicka is fucking awesome. Apparently really fun on Co-op to but i havent played co op yet.

I played the Uncharted 3 Beta and looooved it. Very Similar to U2, but a few differences that look interesting
Legham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011   #8304
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Magicka.

It sucks.
trololololo lololo lo lololo

Dungeon Siege 3.. now if u wanna talk about a shitty game. Holee shit.
Old 07-03-2011   #8305
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
trololololo lololo lo lololo

Dungeon Siege 3.. now if u wanna talk about a shitty game. Holee shit.
aw so Obsidian struck out again? so sad that they have trouble making a good game, they need to stop having them make sequels. I supposed they do better at those than original IPs like Alpha Protocol tho.
Old 07-04-2011   #8306
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

Some more Clock Tower 1 on ePSXe. I'm actually managing to progress through it.

Quote:
Old 07-07-2011   #8307
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Unreal Tournament

This fucking game man. Part of my soul.

First match: Bunny jumping and flak capabilities return
Second match: Rocket jumping, predicting movement, shock rifle combo capabilities return
Third match: Midair strafing to avoid Enforcer fire
Fourth match: Dodge jump + Strafe jump returns. No thinking about double pressing the key, just see that rocket coming down the corridor and Strafe jump
Fifth match: Remember the exact ammo, health pack, rocket launcher and flak cannon placement on a map I haven't played in 8 years
Old 07-07-2011   #8308
cyrix
I EAT TREES AND SHIT TABLE LEGS!
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
WOW. I wish people still did the BC raids. Also, fuck Slaag. That bitch.

Played some BC2 as well, fun game, but I suck at these tactical FPS games. I get raped on Easy. Give me a twitch shooter like tf2 and I'm good, give me something that requires me to plan to be effective and I'm fucked.

Also played some Arkham Asylum. Thanks ash! ^_^

~ PH X4 955 4 ghz ~ 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600 ~ MSI Twin Frozr 560 GTX TI ~
~GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 ~ 2x Intel 510 120GB SSD
cyrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011   #8309
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

I finished Spyro 2 using pretty cool glitches without getting any orbs. Except having to get all the talismans in the first 2 overworld levels. But sped that up using glitches/fast routes. They aren't exactly glitches because it doesn't really mess anything up, a really useful flaw with the charge/jump/glide animation, and clipping/falling through invisible barriers that allow you to skip huge portions of the game at times, but I don't remember the other term for that...

Quote:
Old 07-08-2011   #8310
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Unreal Tournament

This fucking game man. Part of my soul.

First match: Bunny jumping and flak capabilities return
Second match: Rocket jumping, predicting movement, shock rifle combo capabilities return
Third match: Midair strafing to avoid Enforcer fire
Fourth match: Dodge jump + Strafe jump returns. No thinking about double pressing the key, just see that rocket coming down the corridor and Strafe jump
Fifth match: Remember the exact ammo, health pack, rocket launcher and flak cannon placement on a map I haven't played in 8 years
I was thinking about getting the Unreal Tourament Package on steam for $25 during the sale, I kinda miss playing those games

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/683/

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote