Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2007   #241
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Yeah, I hired out CoD 3 again earlier, I can't get enough of it.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #242
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
God... the first actual battle sequence is just insane when you first climb over the wall.

Husky is right. What the hell is wrong with the PC scene these days? If PS3 and 360 can render graphics like COD3, Gears of War, Motorstorm, etc, what will it be like in two or three years? I can see an 8800GTX being able to render GOD3 graphics at decent resolution, but that card alone is $600. :/

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #243
Rylo
Legendary Mem- Oh wait :(
Banned

Rylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the rough
Madden 07. My favorite game for the 360.

I'm thinking of picking up CoD3, any small reviews?
Rylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #244
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Just pick it up. Don't bother with reviews. The game is awesome.

Anyway, been playing WiiSports all morning
Old 01-01-2007   #245
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylo
Madden 07. My favorite game for the 360.

I'm thinking of picking up CoD3, any small reviews?
The graphics at times look near photo-realistic. Ragdoll physics are fun when making kills. Sound is loud but doesn't clip, very high quality audio. Best part is the constant framerate no matter how many explosions are going on.
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #246
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Yeah, I loved the effect on puddles etc. Just fantastic.
Old 01-01-2007   #247
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus
God... the first actual battle sequence is just insane when you first climb over the wall.

Husky is right. What the hell is wrong with the PC scene these days? If PS3 and 360 can render graphics like COD3, Gears of War, Motorstorm, etc, what will it be like in two or three years? I can see an 8800GTX being able to render GOD3 graphics at decent resolution, but that card alone is $600. :/
The thing with the GeForce 8 series is that of course it can do DirectX10. Which if you've seen development stuff from DX10 games, it blows anything this generation of gaming consoles can offer. Individually modeled leaves reacting realisticly to gunfire, fully destrucible models, etc.

Edit: Yeah, my jaw dropped at that scene, bloody incredible lighting and the number of detailed moving entities.
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #248
DBD
Banned
Banned

DBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these partsDBD is infamous around these parts
Just got through playing some Madden 07 on xbox live.
DBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #249
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
got back into oblivion for some of the expansions. I liked fable's battle system a lot better, but being completely chameleoned is cool too.
I'm going to wait until ATI comes out with their DX10 cards... the specs on the ATI page at wikipedia are insane
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #250
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
I got a new PS2 game for my Eyetoy, Sega Superstars, and I've been enjoying playing it as there are loads of cool games on it like House Of The Dead, Sonic, Crazy Taxi etc.. so I've been playingthat a lot recently.

Many thanks to The Shy Child for the sig,
XBL GT: USASoccerStar93
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #251
Luke
Loyal Member

Luke will become famous soon enoughLuke will become famous soon enoughLuke will become famous soon enoughLuke will become famous soon enoughLuke will become famous soon enoughLuke will become famous soon enough
Gears of War.

Getting COD3 and TDU on thursday.

Btw, has anyone played the demo for Lost Planet: Extreme Condition? downloaded the online demo earlier, though it was pretty good.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #252
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

TDU's great ^^^.

Just played CoD 3 on the Wii The controls were a little weird at first, but I got used to it. Freakin' sweet it was.
Old 01-02-2007   #253
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Call Of Duty 3.. yeah again, but I finished my campaign Amazing game, period. I love everything about it. Now I need to finish Resistance.
Slim Trashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #254
Luke
Loyal Member

Luke will become famous soon enoughLuke will become famous soon enoughLuke will become famous soon enoughLuke will become famous soon enoughLuke will become famous soon enoughLuke will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Call Of Duty 3.. yeah again, but I finished my campaign Amazing game, period. I love everything about it. Now I need to finish Resistance.
I'm only buying No.3 for the online play, i know how good it is from previous CoD's, and how fun ^_^
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #255
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
NBA 2K7 (PS3)

Trying out 24/7 Next mode. Kinda slow to get started with it really, but I'll work my way through it eventually. Seems like a cool mode.
Slim Trashman is offline   Reply With Quote