Old 09-03-2007   #1816
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
Prince Of Persia Warrior Within. Got a bit further but still stuck on it. Then I went on Gran Turismo 3. Both PS2 games.

Many thanks to The Shy Child for the sig,
XBL GT: USASoccerStar93
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #1817
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Conception
It good on PC?

Last game I played was GRAW2 demo. I want this game.
Yes. Graphically, it's also A LOT better than the first. Full 360 controller support as well, with rumble and aim assist even.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #1818
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
For some reason, Piggus, I see you as a 360 guy.

I know you're not, but it just seems.
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #1819
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about
socom combinned assault, boring until you figure it out
Old 09-04-2007   #1820
m_richy66
I hate censorship!

m_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enough
Last night I played Resistance: Fall Of Man online in a few clan matches. Going off to now play Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (ps3)
Old 09-04-2007   #1821
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
LA Street Racing, like the car physics and online play is good but has plenty bugs.

Track Mania Nations, looking for Llama but he's not logged in.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #1822
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
I use to play Track Mania Nations clansman, maybe one day I will join you sometime on a server, my world rank is down in the 4000 - 5000 area if I remember right, about in the top 100 players for my country.

Right now I'm still busy with Bioshock. awesome game it is

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #1823
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSchwab
For some reason, Piggus, I see you as a 360 guy.

I know you're not, but it just seems.
I prefer the systems that have the game genres and franchises that I've always liked over the years. And right now, PS3 and PC are those systems. PS3 because you can't find their first party titles on any other platform, and PC because most Microsoft first party titles are on PC as well as 360, or will be in the future. So there's really no reason why I should get a 360 if I can just play most of the games it has on PC with a 360 controller.

Anyway, last game I played was the NASCAR 2008 demo on PS3.

Was pretty meh tbh...

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 09-04-2007   #1824
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
Mmm.....of course

To be honest.....I see what you mean....I still think Oblivion looks better on my 360 than it would on my PS3

*PC
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #1825
Piggus
Wicked Member

You need a pretty nice PC to run Oblivion well.

I have both the PC and PS3 versions of Oblivion and by far prefer the PS3 version. If I had a monster PC with a quad core Intel and dual 8800 Ultras, then that wouldn't be the case. But Oblivion is horribly optimized for both the PC and 360 (especially PC though) and runs pretty poorly on my system compared to on PS3. Sure, I can get the PC version to look a lot better than the PS3 version, but the frequent framedrops and loading times in the outdoor environments just completely takes me out of the experience. It's fun to screw around with mods on the PC version, but when it comes to actually playing the game, the PS3 version is just more fun. It also has really good texture filtering, whereas the 360 version has almost no texture filtering (and lower resolution textures in general) and on PC you need to force it through a program like Catalyst Control Center. That would be fine if it actually worked every time I started up the game. Instead, it only works the first time and I have to restart my PC if I want it to work again the next time Oblivion is started.

Old 09-04-2007   #1826
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Got a little further on Jak II last night. I should have given this game a good chance when I first got it, rather than being put off by the lost innocence over The Precursor Legacy.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #1827
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
I gotta agree with ya there piggus, Oblivion barely runs at 1280x960 Max Detail on my specs, I was thinking the 2GB memory was gonna fix my stuttering in that game but it didn't It made a big difference in Stalker tho

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 09-04-2007 at 10:45 PM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #1828
Piggus
Wicked Member

On your PC my guess is it has more to do with the CPU. Oblivion is extremely CPU dependent, and the 3500+ is a bottleneck in an 8800 based system.

Also try turning off HDR and using bloom instead. It provided a huge performance boost on my PC even if bloom doesn't look as nice as HDR.

Which is another nice thing about Oblivion on PS3... The game has HDR yet manages to keep a consistent framerate even when entering a new area.

Old 09-05-2007   #1829
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
GTA : Vice City Stories. Cleared some missions on it.

Many thanks to The Shy Child for the sig,
XBL GT: USASoccerStar93
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #1830
The_Patient

The_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enough
Bioshock, One level from the end now, Going back to earlier stages to find the tapes for the 'Historian' Achievement. Have 35/50 so far, Will end on 49 because on normal difficulty :/
The_Patient is offline   Reply With Quote