Old 08-12-2013   #1
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Tomb Raider 9 (aka TR 2013)

Has anyone ever played this? I finally played single player and beat it in a few days, and it's one of the best games I've played this generation. The story is great, characters are likeable (though at times very cliche), and most importantly the gameplay is solid and fun. Just wondering what people's opinions are on this game
Zidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013   #2
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah but I'm not particularly far into it because I'm permanently working. The gameplay is definitely solid as you said, all of the mechanics are great too but my problem is definitely with the supporting cast, I feel as though Lara is so deep and realised though that she makes the other characters feel a bit 2D and unbelievable at times

Apart from that, it's no doubt worth a play and the story seems great so far albeit predictable
ska is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013   #3
voodoo
Highland Member
Veteran Member

voodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud of
Isn't it full of rubbish quicktime events?

Intel Core i5 750 @3.6Ghz || 8GB Corsair PC310600 || Nvidia GeForce GTX 780
voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013   #4
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
I swear half of the QTEs were broken in it. Like, the game will accept you pressed the right button when it wants to, regardless of you pressing it on time.

I recently got it during the Steam sale, and remembered how screwy the QTEs were within the first 5 minutes. Near the beginning, not quite the very beginning, but a little later in, there was this scene where Lara is grabbed, the first button to press, on a controller, was Y.

I watched that goddamn fucking grab scene 50 times over because I wasn't pressing Y at the EXACT fucking millisecond it would accept it.

A bit later in the game, you are hanging upside down, and have to do this rocking/swinging thing with the stick, I sat there near a fucking hour trying this shit, no joke. Could NOT fucking do it no matter what rhythm I kept.

I reload the game, do it within the first 5 seconds of starting, and damn near hulk punched the TV.

Overall, awesome game, but fuck the fucking QTEs man. QTEs already fucking suck, but broken QTEs are literally cancer.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013   #5
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
QTEs do suck, but I played it on the PS3 and didn't have that problem. I wonder if it's a PC thing?
Old 08-13-2013   #6
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Had that weird QTE stuff happen to me on both PC and 360.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013   #7
Zidane

The one QTE I had a problem with was the first encounter where you had literally a fraction of a second to hit it just right near the beginning. The rest were okay. Still, down with QTEs in all games :l
Old 08-14-2013   #8
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Great game, but I thought it tailed off a small bit towards the end.
Old 08-18-2013   #9
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
I liked it but I didn't like the emphasis on shooting. It should have had more platforming/tomb raiding like the older games imo. And I thought it was silly that your first kill is super difficult and hard for Lara to handle emotionally but right after that she's suddenly totally proficient with a gun and is just like "whatever." And by the end you're packing AK-47s and explosive arrows while mowing down countless droves of enemies. It was weird.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013   #10
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
i really enjoyed it but the characters were kinda shitty, preferred them to the uncharted ones though.

preferred the gameplay too

yeah i liked it, boring once you've beaten it though
Old 10-26-2013   #11
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
finished it at last, story was good albeit predictable, QTE's are awful bit I never encountered any problems with them? ps3 here
ska is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014   #12
gilldanny
Newbie Member

gilldanny is an unknown quantity at this point
I have played the game and loved the adventure in the game which was challenging and interesting as well.

Last edited by gilldanny; 07-03-2014 at 11:32 PM..
gilldanny is offline   Reply With Quote