Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > General Series Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2006   #16
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
Jeez, those beta models look ugly as hell.
but boy the more and more i see victor the more of a bad ass he looks.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #17
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim
Nice work Asif. Also it looks like its in Little Haiti in you look out the window. But im not sure. The gates just seem to look like the ones near the sewer place in Vice City.
Yeah, got to me thinking that the building outside it could be by a 'pink' one-storey building at the Little Havana. I'll check out.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #18
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Also. In this picture

1. New houses or New Land all together

2. Seems Shifty. look Closely at the clud in the area. Is it a co-incidence that its a darker shade of cloud than the rest. Or is it a building rockstar are hiding.

I never thought there was that much of a gap in the land between Leaf Links and The Mainland either. I mean they must be pretty close to Leaf Links to be that far away from the mainland (seeing as that looks alot like the Leaf Links Bridge.

I think what im trying to say is that Rockstar are just trying to make that area look like the mainland when it could possibly be new a area. Im way too hopefull
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #19
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Those buildings (in 1) are the ones from the prawn island. You may look at this old comparison...
http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/show...78#post1299378

Old 09-09-2006   #20
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Ah shit I see. Leaf Links is barely visable in The VCS screen though. That was my problem.

Multi player boat races should be fun. If they bring this game to PS2 (which I cant see not happening with what this game is shaping up to be) I hope they keep multiplayer. Even if its two person split screen I would be incredibly happy.

Last edited by victim; 09-09-2006 at 01:15 AM..
Old 09-09-2006   #21
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif
And, the Leaf Links is now visible in the 3rd pic.
Yeah, and we saw it in the trailer before this too. Must have been an early beta screen as people had guessed, that originally didn't show Leaf Links.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #22
Asif
Moderator =)

Yeah, that beta one also isolated the Prawn island from the West island. ;P

Old 09-09-2006   #23
victim

I was thinking about the new hand on hand fighting thing. Sounds alot like The Warriors. Grapples, throws, mounting fallen enemies. It probably wont be as complex as the Warriors. But expect something similar. But it only turns on when you have a Melee or No Weapon when you aim at somebody. God damn. I want to see a video of this fighting.

Edit: Just thinking some more. Rockstar seem to take stuff out of their other games and fit them into GTA.
Manhunt = Stealth Kills in San Andreas
The Warriors = Fighting Style in VCS
Bully = Going to school in GTA IV

Last edited by victim; 09-09-2006 at 04:44 AM..
Old 09-09-2006   #24
GRIM

GRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura about
Vic looks alot moore updated and remade, look at his face... kinda reminds of Cash
Hes probobly been update to fit Ving rhames moore
Old 09-09-2006   #25
victim

Except Ving Rhames isn't voicing him. Have you even seen the trailer?
Old 09-09-2006   #26
GRIM

GRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura aboutGRIM has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, but i thought they might shanged the sound of Ving talking or somthing... altho i read here somwhere Ving was gonna voice him... who is voiseing Vic?
Old 09-09-2006   #27
victim

Nobody recognises the voice. Its probably a fresh face. As me and Lettermaniac talked about earlier.
Old 09-09-2006   #28
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
IGN must of gotten to test the game a LONG time ago and are just now able to post/release info and screens.
Old 09-09-2006   #29
SWIX
Newbie Member

SWIX is an unknown quantity at this point

doesnt it look here that the mansion from MV might not be there yet, and there seems to be a huge hotel like building in its place
SWIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #30
I'm a Robot
Look down the barrel and
Loyal Member

I'm a Robot is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim
Screens

Looks like Vic has a tattoo on his arm

Vic and Lance look really bad. Wearing shocking suits. Terrible Player Models (Probably a Beta though)

Shooting from boat. Really cool

Vic in the car with the Cross Dresser. Possibly Mikala from K-Chat in VC. Also there is an asian gang following them. Could be a new gang in Vice City.

A Nice Jet Ski/Chopper Pic

Firtsly I'd like to say these screens could be alot better. After looking at them Im definatley not impressed.

Summary Of Gordon Hall Interview

- There are twice as many pologons per block in VCS than there were in LCS
- When you take to the water on Jet-Ski's (depending on weather conditions you may be alble to bounce up and down, and momentarily go underneath the water.
- Using the new Draw Distance players will be able to see much further
- Aerial and Boat vehicles both take roles in Multiplayer
- They are really pleased with the First time vehicles making appearances.
- The targeting System has been tweaked once more, it's taken a fresh look although it isnt a complete overhaul
- The combat system has more depth to it than previous GTA games, (Sounds cool Yes)

There just some of the things mentioned in the Interview. Check it out here

After reading the Interview Im a definatley happy with how this game is turning out. I just hope hand to hand combat isnt too complex. Rockstar never seem to make things too complex though, which is awesome.

Edit: Im also keeping a close eye on Gamespot. Although they are not as sharp as IGN, in the past they have been prone to having GTA updates on saturdays.
You really shouldn't say the graphics are that bad i mean after all it is for the psp and the screens looked awesome and i read the interview about GTA VCS it is just getting me excited.
I'm a Robot is offline   Reply With Quote