Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2006   #1
cyrix
I EAT TREES AND SHIT TABLE LEGS!
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
PS3 to be upgraded yearly?

Take this with a grain of salt: http://www.gamersreports.com/news/2837/

I'm sorry but if they really are in fact trying to turn this into a PC I just lost interest. They're comparing themselves to Apple and Dell....

I was really into the PS3 up until this point. I was really looking forward to it, but now I just don't know.

~ PH X4 955 4 ghz ~ 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600 ~ MSI Twin Frozr 560 GTX TI ~
~GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 ~ 2x Intel 510 120GB SSD
cyrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #2
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Same here. If you need to pay a lot just to upgrade, then I'm gonna have to go with a 360. Honestly, a Wii interests me the most right now.
Old 06-09-2006   #3
cyrix
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
I think the idea behind the Wii is great, but I want to test it out first. I read about some problems they were having with Red Steel.

Plus I read that there was a tennis game on the Wii where you didn't actually control the players court movement, they just ran towards the ball and you swung. I'm just waiting to pass judgement on it.

Old 06-09-2006   #4
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Well that just sucks, I only want a next gen console ffs! I just want to pay a one of fee and thats it, have the console, not have to worry about upgrading it or crap like that. That's what a PC is for!
Sony REALLY need to start thinking with sense here before they crash land the PS3.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #5
cyrix
Wicked Member

Yeah, I think they let their success with the PS2 get to their heads.

Old 06-09-2006   #6
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
So, now, that just means that Sony is just turning into a bunch of money hungry motherfuckers?

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #7
cyrix
Wicked Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodfather
So, now, that just means that Sony is just turning into a bunch of money hungry motherfuckers?
Are you asking if their in business to make money? Then yes of course. All companies are (except for non profit organizations of course.)

They're no greedier than Microsoft, Apple, Dell, IBM, etc...etc....

Old 06-09-2006   #8
Shadow Conception
Veteran Member

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Boo-damn. I just wanna buy a simple console, non-upgradeable. That's the thing with a console. You don't need to upgrade it every other month to get the best out of things.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #9
Warlord

Warlord is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats just wrong why do they need more speed when the ps3 is already faster then any home pc and will probably be that for the next 2 years, its a console not a damn pc ffs.

I will just go whit a 360 now and later a Wii, i am not gonna spend money just to have the fastest Ps3 in my neighborhood, the ps3 wont need any more speed until 2010 a new graphics card and HDD might be needed but not Cpu......
Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #10
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
I don't like the look of this. Sony is just getting stupid now. They should really think about it, not many people are going to want to buy the PS3 because you have to upgrade and better versions come the later year. I just find that pathetic, Sony can atleast do the same as Xbox and just bring out a console and leave it at it is with no hassles. I'm still going to buy a PS3 but when it comes to upgrading.... Ugh. I'm just hoping this turns out to be a bunch of bullshit.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #11
cyrix
Wicked Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaF
I don't like the look of this. Sony is just getting stupid now. They should really think about it, not many people are going to want to buy the PS3 because you have to upgrade and better versions come the later year. I just find that pathetic, Sony can atleast do the same as Xbox and just bring out a console and leave it at it is with no hassles. I'm still going to buy a PS3 but when it comes to upgrading.... Ugh. I'm just hoping this turns out to be a bunch of bullshit.
It doesn't say anywhere you have to upgrade.

This could also mean just the minor hardware changes a console goes through in it's life cycle.

Old 06-10-2006   #12
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
HHHMMMMM..... Well as long as I don't need upgrades to play simple games or you need these upgrades for better GFX then I'm ok with it.
Old 06-10-2006   #13
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
If this does happen, Sony will lose money definately. They're not looking in those terms. Is this the fall of Sony? I have predicted that for a long time, and now this is more proof for it.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #14
Fox
Good gracious, ass is bodacious!

Fox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura about
The whole reason I'd buy one of these next-generation consoles is to play the really top games without having to spend a fortune upgrading annually. Continual optimisation around existing hardware has worked for every other games console, and this shouldn't be an exception.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #15
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
yeah, this might be bad news. My best reason to buy a PS3 is the simple fact that u just put the disc in the machine, and then u play. No installing, upgrading, patching etc.

I might consider just buying a Wii and stick with my PC now.
Except for the fact that you get a Blue ray player with the Ps3, which might come in handy..
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote