Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2006   #301
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
We can always rely on third party for that.
Old 05-08-2006   #302
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidane
We can always rely on third party for that.
Eh, I've had bad experiences with off-brand controllers...And pretty much everything else for that matter. For Playstation, if the product isn't Sony, I don't use it.
Old 05-08-2006   #303
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Love the good ol' Dual Shock controller <3 I'm so glad Sony is keeping it for the PS3.
Old 05-08-2006   #304
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
But how is it a Dual Shock with no vibration? :p
Old 05-08-2006   #305
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
They said it causes problems with the tilt sensing. That Imersion case is probably the real reason though. I don't think they mentioned Dual Shock either, and it doesn't look like it says Dual Shock on the controller either. So it's probably not called Dual SHock.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #306
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Dual Shock is just the name, not a description, and names for things just don't have any true definition to them anymore anyway(Ex. Nintendo Wii). :p
Old 05-08-2006   #307
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus
They said it causes problems with the tilt sensing. That Imersion case is probably the real reason though. I don't think they mentioned Dual Shock either, and it doesn't look like it says Dual Shock on the controller either. So it's probably not called Dual SHock.
Alright Piggus, thanks. Yeah, you're right, it doesn't say Dual Shock on it, but it sure does look like one.

+rep
Old 05-08-2006   #308
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Well Sony wanted to go for the similar, comfortable style controller. Getting used to the insane graphics and other features is going to be difficult enough, no need to suffer from learning to use a new style controller too
Old 05-09-2006   #309
HH
Cupcake

HH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of light
Don't know if it has been posted in here before, but there is a planned 4 million units to be shipped Worldwide by December 31...not AS bad of a shortage, I suppose?
Old 05-09-2006   #310
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
It looks much better than before
Old 05-09-2006   #311
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak
Eh, I've had bad experiences with off-brand controllers...And pretty much everything else for that matter. For Playstation, if the product isn't Sony, I don't use it.
Snap.

Sony make their own products well, other people just can't match that. :p

I missed the controllers last night! And I haven't seen pics yet! Noooo.

And I missed Metal Gear Solid 4 which pissed me off, but I saw that there's gonna be a new Getaway and that Eight Days game looks like The Getaway in Arizona.
Old 05-09-2006   #312
Rylo
Legendary Mem- Oh wait :(
Banned

Rylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the rough
If I got this, it'd seriously be the only thing I could get for Birthday/Christmas. So I'm thinking pretty hard if I still want it this year...
Rylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #313
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyme
Snap.

Sony make their own products well, other people just can't match that. :p

I missed the controllers last night! And I haven't seen pics yet! Noooo.

And I missed Metal Gear Solid 4 which pissed me off, but I saw that there's gonna be a new Getaway and that Eight Days game looks like The Getaway in Arizona.
Pics are on page 20 (default)
Old 05-09-2006   #314
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Okay so I haven't been following MGS that well but since when did Snake have grey hair?

btw just starting to watch the press conference
Old 05-09-2006   #315
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
Since mgs 4 takes place much further than the other mgss