Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2006   #286
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Haha, yeah. Who cares? It's not like the Wii and PS3 controllers are going to function in the same way anyway. I can't see anyone swinging the PS3 controller like a sword...

I'm preordering the 60Gig version tomarow as soon as I can. There's no way I'm waiting until after launch to get my hands on this thing...

EDIT: Oh, and IF GTA makes it to the 360 (unlikely due to that shitty DVD drive), it's not comming out on 360 first. Dream on.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #287
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus
Haha, yeah. Who cares? It's not like the Wii and PS3 controllers are going to function in the same way anyway. I can't see anyone swinging the PS3 controller like a sword...

I'm preordering the 60Gig version tomarow as soon as I can. There's no way I'm waiting until after launch to get my hands on this thing...

EDIT: Oh, and IF GTA makes it to the 360 (unlikely due to that shitty DVD drive), it's not comming out on 360 first. Dream on.

Where are you preordering it?
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #288
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Check out L2 and R2 on the controller:

Anyone else think those look more like pressure sensitive triggers?

Yeah, they definitely do.
Old 05-08-2006   #289
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Probably EB Games.

Oh, more PS3 shots. Looks like this will be the final design with the added vents.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 05-08-2006   #290
cyrix
I EAT TREES AND SHIT TABLE LEGS!
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
Updated front page with a link to the basic write up of the conference.

~ PH X4 955 4 ghz ~ 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600 ~ MSI Twin Frozr 560 GTX TI ~
~GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 ~ 2x Intel 510 120GB SSD
cyrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #291
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I'm loving the controller
Old 05-08-2006   #292
Bladexen

Bladexen is on a distinguished roadBladexen is on a distinguished road
Where are you getting theese pics piggus?
Bladexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #293
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
There's no analog toggle button. I fear many early Playstation 1 games won't be playable. Yeah, I updated the main page too.
Old 05-08-2006   #294
Piggus
Wicked Member

They were on ps3forums.com.

Old 05-08-2006   #295
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Damn, I need to get a job so I can get one of these ASAP. One question, how long will 20GB HD's last? I'm not really planning on getting a huge truckload of games.
Old 05-08-2006   #296
cyrix
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
The HD is for small storage. Not for keeping games on it.

Old 05-08-2006   #297
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Probably EB Games.

Oh, more PS3 shots. Looks like this will be the final design with the added vents.

So hot. Is it just me or does it look a little big bigger than it did in the E3 2005's shots?

@cyrix, nice job man +Rep
Old 05-08-2006   #298
Mjuboy
Victim of Desire

Mjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura about
Meh, the PS3 looks fine but what's up with the controller??!?!

And yes, Slim, the PS3 is bigger.

Some Useful Links
My Website | Get Firefox!
Mjuboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #299
cyrix
Wicked Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjuboy
Meh, the PS3 looks fine but what's up with the controller??!?!

And yes, Slim, the PS3 is bigger.
It's the Dual Shock 2, with no vibration, added motion sensors, and added trigger buttons.

Perfect IMO. That's what I've always wanted with it. Trigger buttons that is.

Old 05-08-2006   #300
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

No vibration? Awww, I'm going to miss that.