Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2008   #76
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
If you are using IMG tool 2.0, then delete the original txd/dff from the gta3.img and then add the 'modded' txd/dff.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #77
yoPhilly528
Vice City Addict
Newbie Member

yoPhilly528 is an unknown quantity at this point
can someone make a tutorial like this for vice city? but if this also works for vice city then what is the problem when i get the message "the file size is too much" and how do i fix it?
yoPhilly528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #78
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
You have to delete the file (don't forget to make backup before deleting!), then add-in the new (modded) file to the IMG archive. Of course, make sure that gta3.img is not read-only.

Old 02-25-2008   #79
yoPhilly528
Vice City Addict
Newbie Member

oh ok. but now there is a new problem. im in the handling bit and ive copied the numbers, now where do i put it?

he says
"Now if yours sais Land Stalker or somthing else search that in the noteoad using ctrl + f. Once you find it copy the one in the read me and highlight the other one and paste to replace. Then 0pen carcols.dat in /data with Notepad (again) and in the readme most of the time there is another thing that has the name of a car and a couple of numbers. Not usally much. And do what you did with the handling and it should be installed!"

I am not sure what he means. does he mean take the numbers from the handling document or the carcols document? Or the other way around? can someone make that process clear please?
Old 02-26-2008   #80
Asif
Moderator =)

Open the handling.cfg with a notepad, search for the line of Landstalker that starts with its ID LANDSTAL. You have to replace the numbers on that row, by selecting them all and pasting the line, from the ReadMe file (given with the mod), over the line. Or, you can change the individual number below the distinct column one by one, which would take a lot of time.

Old 02-26-2008   #81
yoPhilly528
Vice City Addict
Newbie Member

ok thanks for clearing that up for me
Old 05-22-2008   #82
cyanide2029
Newbie Member

cyanide2029 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there a patch that can get around the new version blocking the mods?

I would assume there is, if anyone knows a link that will help could you please link me to it, thanks
cyanide2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008   #83
kensinclair1
Newbie Member

kensinclair1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Installing car mods

Hello can anyone tell me exactly what I am meant to do once I have downloaded a car mod for example a porsche 911... I am absolutely clueless. Please will someone let me know what to do?
kensinclair1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008   #84
cyanide2029
Newbie Member

cyanide2029 is an unknown quantity at this point
You could start by reading the guide fully.

What is the problem you are having?

You have DLed the porshe right?

Have you DLed the tool thing? And replaced the files it tell you to in the note pad?

If you have recently bought the game it wont work cause its the "newer" version of the game. And im not sure on if there is a patch out that could fix that or what, but im assuming there would be.
cyanide2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008   #85
hand95
Hand95
Newbie Member

hand95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey I got San Andreas of Grand Theft Auto for the PS2,

Can anyone help me out in installong mods onto it.

I cant fond anyone that knows how to.

I done many things to try but it never comes all the way though.

Just remember its for the PS2 because I know its different from all the other mod installations.

E-Mail me at Bretthand4@yahoo.com
hand95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #86
mastermatt94
Newbie Member

mastermatt94 is an unknown quantity at this point
ok how do i install a weapon mod i didnt understand the guide here is the link http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads?p=file&id=1541 i have img tool but dont kno how to use it
mastermatt94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #87
generalaction
The only.

generalaction is on a distinguished roadgeneralaction is on a distinguished road
Tutorial I created - http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zm9O_qB8XHs

Enjoy!
Old 08-10-2008   #88
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
here is a Link to a gta sana andreas large data base

here is the link http://grandtheftauto.filefront.com/...ler_SAMI;55091
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #89
o0nobunaga0o
Newbie Member

o0nobunaga0o is an unknown quantity at this point
How to install script mods????? (bullet time mod)
o0nobunaga0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #90
scottjames
Newbie Member

scottjames is an unknown quantity at this point
ok first, thank you this is a great topic and it explains alot of things.

ok anyway i have a problem... i bought GTA : SA on D2D (direct2drive.com) and at first i thought i had to patch it to use mods! so then i try to patch and it says old file, meaning its already patched, so i come here, try to get the downgrader, and when i try to downgrade it says it cant find my gta_sa.exe version... why does it say this? is it because of direct2drive? or is it just not updated... i dont know which version i have of GTA SA it doesnt show, is there a new version out or something? because ive no idea i mean i just cant install mods and it makes me pissed x-x. ok thank you people.
scottjames is offline   Reply With Quote