Old 11-27-2007   #1411
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak
That game on 360 just rules. I remember playing it when there was always other people just cruising and street racing etc. Then I completed it 100% and moved on. I can't wait for Unlimited 2 or even Midnight Club LA.
found a little bit of info on Test Drive Unlimited 2, the Offroad Raceing I'm seriously interested in, cause I use to always hate it when TDU returns you to road when you go too far off it =/

http://www.gameguru.in/pc/2007/09/te...lease-in-2008/

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #1412
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
GHIII. Even though I'm still nub-ish, I love it.
Old 11-29-2007   #1413
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
Wrong thread, Slimmy ...
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #1414
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Test Drive Unlimited,

during a Sunrise

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Old 12-01-2007   #1415
notuptome2004

notuptome2004 will become famous soon enoughnotuptome2004 will become famous soon enoughnotuptome2004 will become famous soon enoughnotuptome2004 will become famous soon enoughnotuptome2004 will become famous soon enoughnotuptome2004 will become famous soon enough
TDU HDR

Test drive unlimited High dynamic lighting digression and progression shots i could take more and i might cause there is many places to Demo HDR in the game

notuptome2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007   #1416
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

imageshack must have resized your images notuptome2004, 640x480 and 800x600 suck

but to be honest, I think the game looks better with HDR off and AA turned on

Old 12-01-2007   #1417
notuptome2004

notuptome2004 will become famous soon enoughnotuptome2004 will become famous soon enoughnotuptome2004 will become famous soon enoughnotuptome2004 will become famous soon enoughnotuptome2004 will become famous soon enoughnotuptome2004 will become famous soon enough
Nite dont you know that haveing no AA makes you feel like your Drunk and seeing wavery lines and crap he he
notuptome2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #1418
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute

Having fun in Gmod 2007
Old 12-02-2007   #1419
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSchwab
Wrong thread, Slimmy ...
Wow, then that makes it two times I did that XD

I made that post in another topic, realized it was the wrong one, then I guess I came here and did it..
Old 12-03-2007   #1420
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Two random pics of me playing SA.
(not very interesting)

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007   #1421
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, I took some comparison shots of it with and without float 32, the performance and lighting difference has really improved wow. I'm using version 1.7112b which is the latest

thanks to piggus and xan for the info

Old 12-06-2007   #1422
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

aRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond repute

My gnome is rapist
aRTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #1423
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
So I've been messing around with the settings in Source games on my laptop, and managed to discover something completely unexpected. Before, I had all of the games set to my screen's native resolution (1280x800) but I would have to lower the detail level in all my games to around low-medium. In some like TF2, the game would still run at about 20fps at that res even with everything else on low. So I decided to set the game's resolution to 720x480 just to see how bad it would look, and I was pleasantly surprised! On my desktop LCD, if I set any game to 640x480 it looks absolutely atrocious. But on this thing, it doesn't look that much worse than native res. The only difference really is it's not as clear, but the huge amount of aliasing just isn't there like it would be on my desktop LCD. What's even better, is at that resolution I can turn all the other stuff up to medium-high settings with 2-4x AA and 8x AF (depending on the game) and still get over 45fps in most situation (which is my cut-off for Source games.) Here's a pic I took of CSS in an Office server with 50 people in it. I actually had better performance in that server than what my desktop could handle simply because the CPU in this thing is a lot more powerful. But had I been running at 1280x800 still, the game would have been running at a third of the framerate with all those people in there, and even lower at the high detail settings that I can otherwise use with 720x480.

Obviously the pic is going to appear small, but whatev. Basically though if you have a laptop, give this a shot.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #1424
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about

Assassins Creed on Xbox 360. Taken with K800i Camera Phone. Need to buy myself an 8Mpx really but I thought this was funny

Last edited by CB; 12-09-2007 at 08:07 AM..
CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #1425
Japisee
Addicted Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
Postal 2, ever so subtle.

Why am I waiting in this line?

To get Gary Coleman's autograph of course.

But he wasn't friendly so I burnt him.
Japisee is offline   Reply With Quote