Old 11-22-2007   #1396
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Right? I bet I can run CSS at around those settings and get a higher framerate than what SA gives me.
Old 11-22-2007   #1397
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Conception
In Crysis if you're taking screens, it's not worth turning on the AA at all, even for screens. You may get one frame every 10 seconds, which is a ridiculous waste of time.

Without AA, the framerate just jumps up straight to mid 10's to mid 20's, which is more than playable for me for such a beautiful game.
yep Crysis is way worth it with AA/AF off and the detail jacked up as much as possible, in most ares I get 20 - 40fps at 1024x768, with Medium/High settings, no aa/af but thier has been a few major action areas that drop to 5 - 10fps for me

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #1398
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
AF is mandatory for me. How do you guys handle playing without it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Conception
GTA: SA is an unoptimized POS.

Still can run it maxed out, but the framerates I get should be much higher considering its graphical detail.
I've been complaining about how poor of a port SA has been since I got it and just now someone else has said the same.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #1399
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
in most games I use 4X AA/AF Olin, but Crysis I can't, its too demanding on the system

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Old 11-22-2007   #1400
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
There's really no point in increasing texture quality if it's just going to become blobs a few feet away, no?

I think the game might look better at a lower setting with AF. You could try Performance mode on your image quality setting.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #1401
Japisee
Addicted Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
In God of War, one should never turn his back on the Hydra.

Japisee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #1402
voodoo
Highland Member
Veteran Member

voodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud of
I was in a classic mood today.

Hmmm spacious...

I r throw you.

Do not call me pipsqueak I r throwed you.

Intel Core i5 750 @3.6Ghz || 8GB Corsair PC310600 || Nvidia GeForce GTX 780
voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #1403
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite
in most games I use 4X AA/AF Olin, but Crysis I can't, its too demanding on the system
AF is one of the least demanding settings you can possibly increase. I doubt you'd notice any loss in framerate if you enabled it.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #1404
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

eh I'd rather not Piggus, Crysis runs slow enough as it is, I even tried to run medium settings and the jungle area is smooth, but when you get to a village or something with alot of AI its still slow, the game seriously needs patches to fix performance. (multithreading and SLI aren't even fully supported I found out, so everyone is basicly running the game like its on single core)

anyway here is some screenshots of test drive unlimited, its been keeping me busy, 1600x1200, Max Detail, 4X AA

Old 11-26-2007   #1405
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
That game on 360 just rules. I remember playing it when there was always other people just cruising and street racing etc. Then I completed it 100% and moved on. I can't wait for Unlimited 2 or even Midnight Club LA.
Old 11-26-2007   #1406
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

its a great game yea, but its is buggy at times, 1 problem I have is sometimes poping noises in the sound, and another anoying problem is as I'm driving around the cops will spawn right over you without warning. Does the xbox 360 version have the same issues ?

Old 11-26-2007   #1407
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Reminds me a lot of the old Midnight Club 2 days on PS2. Ahh, even before I joined GTAG. :')
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #1408
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite
its a great game yea, but its is buggy at times, 1 problem I have is sometimes poping noises in the sound, and another anoying problem is as I'm driving around the cops will spawn right over you without warning. Does the xbox 360 version have the same issues ?
When you're connected to Live (providing you have a Gold account), the cops disappear and you will see up to seven other people driving around and doing whatever. It's an awesome game for doing random fuckabouts and not having a care, just cruise and talk to other people or race the "drag strip" downtown. The game has died down somewhat, since it's old and people have moved on to newer games and stuff, but it was great fun while it lasted. If MCLA is anything like this, it will jump to the top my wishlist.
Old 11-26-2007   #1409
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

you didn't even answer my question =/ these are single player glitches I'm talking of

Old 11-26-2007   #1410
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

Well I never played much in single player, because the game is so stale with it being just you and nobody else around. And the sounds, I never noticed anything odd about them.