Old 10-01-2006   #346
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
I lol at the people who say things like "only 50 fps."

50 fps is perfectly smooth for a game like that. Anything higher and it's hard to tell the difference. When you get over 70 it's impossible. So those people are just bragging over something that's meaningless.
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #347
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
I don't really mind though because according to my company site, they're going to come round and put in a new graphics card after i phone which I'll do tomorrow so hopefully I get a 256mb graphics card.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #348
Zero 7
Banned
Banned

Zero 7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus
50 fps is perfectly smooth for a game like that. Anything higher and it's hard to tell the difference. When you get over 70 it's impossible.
No.

If a game's engine is capable of instructing more than 70 frames per second (let's say 120) then it is in your interest to have your GPU rendering 120 fields per second and you viewing each of them. If you can't distinguish between 70fps of fluid motion (artificial motion blur only serves the purpose of allowing a lower framerate to appear less juttery - it's really not ideal) and anything higher then you probably need your eyes checked. We see continuously, not in terms of frames, but to simulate perfect motion with a digital display you possibly need thousands of fields to be rendered every second. Try playing CS at over 200fps and then set maxfps to 70 if you really can't believe it.

Last edited by Zero 7; 10-01-2006 at 02:04 PM..
Zero 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #349
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Try to find a monitor with a refresh rate of 200 Hz then. Because that's what you're going to need if you want to see 200fps. But hey, I can't be as smart as you, can I? I mean, so much wisdom in one place on the internet! The only place I could think of that's like that is... Wikipedia!

Oh, wait...

I have found out your secret, haven't I?

Now it's time to fuck off again, Fox.

Last edited by ZCAB; 10-01-2006 at 02:15 PM..
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #350
Zero 7
Banned
Banned

Zero 7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCAB
Try to find a monitor with a refresh rate of 200 Hz then. Because that's what you're going to need if you want to see 200fps.

Now it's time to fuck off again, Fox.
1. Read this - http://www.viewsonic.com/pdf/wp_4msR...er%20second%22 first. It's very easy to find a fast monitor. Viewsonic do 2ms (GTG and WBW) screens capable of displaying 500 fields every second. Here you go - http://www.viewsonic.com/products/de...xseries/vx922/ - one of my friends has two of them, and they're very good.

2. That's not very nice. Learn some manners.
Zero 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #351
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Unfortunately, you've not realized that half the forums thinks that you're and idiot and have no life. That's nothing to do with manners. That's fact.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #352
JMR
I'm shot in the head!

JMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond repute
All of you, get on topic. Fox, you're already banned, hoping you'll grow some sense (and perhaps a life) and stay that way. Scon and the rest, get on topic and post screens, or get out of the thread.
JMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #353
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7
Learn some manners.
Manners... you mean like, not just mouthing people off out of thin air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlol
And lastly - yeah, I decided to quote myself but clearly even that didn't manage to aid in the circumvention of your painful idiocy.

No, you started this after I said that I 'have no fucking clue' why you're bringing it up again. That's not flaming, you tool. You went off on one about me re-registering and being a fanboy because you were raged.

There have been major discussions concerning both, in fact more so related to the 360's lack of HD media and HDMI. Dolt.
@JMR: I heard that.
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #354
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Scarface Screenshots, game just came out yesterday

I posted more screens on this gamespot thread.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/sc...294&pid=922232

Last edited by Nite; 10-09-2006 at 01:56 AM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #355
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
So what do you think of the game Nite? I havn't played it. And All I've heard is bad.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #356
RubberDuck
Mr Xion
Loyal Member

RubberDuck is on a distinguished roadRubberDuck is on a distinguished roadRubberDuck is on a distinguished road
it looks too much like SA for me to be interested. not that i dont like SA, but one version of SA is enough for me.
RubberDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #357
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim
So what do you think of the game Nite? I havn't played it. And All I've heard is bad.
the gameplay is not too bad actually I only completed the first 5 or 6 missions, but thier is a big problem (I dunno why the hell they did this), and that is the controls are locked, I can't figure out how to change the key bindings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR XION
it looks too much like SA for me to be interested. not that i dont like SA, but one version of SA is enough for me.
its more like Vice City actually cause its based in Miami Florida and has some simlarities to it like buying store fronts and doings missions off them for example.
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #358
Extremer
Addicted Member

Extremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to all
Some of my Scarface screenies:

Old 10-09-2006   #359
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
BF 2142

CSS

Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #360
Roxstein
HK343

Roxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant future
Finally, some 2142 screens... I'm downloading the demo right now.