Old 11-30-2012   #3016
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
wow those graphics look Gorgeous, really brings back the Far Cry 1/Just Cause 2 look.

edit: I just got this info from a steam forum member in australia

Quote:
Completed the Game
Not going to spoil anything other than to say that it was definately enjoyable. Ive played the game for probably close to 36hrs since it was released on thursday (im and aussie) and have completed 80% of everything n the game:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=110987026
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=110986976
thats everything ive completed so far, but i will say this if you want to have any human enemies when you finish the game, then do not clear all the outposts.

the one thing that this game needs is random pirate and privateer patrols othwise you just have animals to deal with when you clear all the missions and outposts.
so it sounds to me like the game has a good 50 hours of content, thats not bad at all.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 12-01-2012 at 12:05 AM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #3017
mattt
(&) Delinquents
Addicted Member

mattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant future
Loving this game so far.

Old 12-01-2012   #3018
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Anyone check out the map-editor yet? From what I've seen in previous far cry games it should allow you to make entire maps (from scratch).
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #3019
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Gentlemen, would you recommend me getting it for PC despite this?

My GFX card is a HD5770 and it recommends a 5770, so I'm unsure what's going on there? As far as I'm aware the GFX card is the only thing that prevents me from hitting "recommended", despite having the GFX card they're recommending I use. Confused.com

EDIT: wait what? Is far cry 3 not on steam? what the fuck is this nazi bullshit?

Last edited by thenotsogoodtrickster; 12-01-2012 at 10:40 AM..
thenotsogoodtrickster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #3020
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
EDIT: wait what? Is far cry 3 not on steam? what the fuck is this nazi bullshit?
Blame GAME, they took out an order to prevent AC3 and FC3 from being sold on Steam for a few weeks, they did the same with THQ games last year.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #3021
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
GAME are bad and they should feel bad. I'm seriously sick of this "paid-for exclusive" sort of stuff companies are doing. From DLC to store-specific pre-order bonuses, I'm just sick of it. I have very little time for gaming so Steam is perfect for me PC-wise. Everything is in one place, it self-updates, and the DL speeds are quite awesome.

For GAME, a company notorious for being shit (I'm still waiting for them to unblock my account via email because I'm not paying god knows how much to phone them), it just saddens me how they can wave a bit of money in Ubisoft's face and get them to hang back on a great service and go with a very bad one.

Any idea when it will be available on Steam? I can't find any press-release and each google search brings up someone whining with a striking resemblance to the one I just did.
Old 12-01-2012   #3022
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
It's already available on Steam if I'm not mistaken (might show up in the wrong language, not sure how copying this page works out for you):

http://store.steampowered.com/app/220240/

and regarding that graphics card.. I dunno, it'll probably still look pretty cool on low settings but I don't know how smoothly the game will run. If you like I can make a few screenshots on lowest graphic settings if you're curious how the game looks on those settings.
Old 12-01-2012   #3023
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

That'd be great if you can, thanks
Old 12-01-2012   #3024
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Halo reach right Olin?

Sniping in the passenger seat is very effective indeed, nice shot. But you can use fileshare to upload recorded clips, or did you forget to save these clips to the HDD?

Messing around in Forge is one of the things that made halo reach such a great game, you ever stumbled upon on of those special infection maps? They had these 2 really fun maps , 1 with a kind of slide which would make you go faster and faster (because you teleported back to the beginning every time). With the infected at the bottem with a hammer. Or duck hunting.. that was alot of fun too.
Old 12-01-2012   #3025
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
It's already available on Steam if I'm not mistaken (might show up in the wrong language, not sure how copying this page works out for you):

http://store.steampowered.com/app/220240/
The game is on Steam, but it's blocked it the UK, if we click that link we get the error message about it not being available in your region, etc.

Push comes to shove, if you really want it on Steam now, you could paypal someone the money and get them to gift it you.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #3026
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

If I knew when it was coming on Steam, I'd probably just wait, which begs the question: whats uplay like?
Old 12-01-2012   #3027
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Quote:
If I knew when it was coming on Steam, I'd probably just wait, which begs the question: whats uplay like?
It's okay but I don't really see the use of it, it's pretty much the same as origin. Activate games, add friends.. unlock achievements. That's it.

Kinda wierd though that people from the UK can't even buy the steam version (for now). You'd think that it's all the same for countries in Europe atleast.
Old 12-01-2012   #3028
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

Think I might just bite the bullet and buy it on uplay then, I'm sure I can cope with having to use uplay every now and again for updates
Old 12-01-2012   #3029
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Gentlemen, would you recommend me getting it for PC despite this?

My GFX card is a HD5770 and it recommends a 5770, so I'm unsure what's going on there? As far as I'm aware the GFX card is the only thing that prevents me from hitting "recommended", despite having the GFX card they're recommending I use. Confused.com

You'd probably still get better results than the console version of FC3, which runs at around 25 fps most of the time and has relatively low detail and awful lighting.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs

Last edited by Piggus; 12-01-2012 at 03:34 PM..
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #3030
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

What i like to hear, it's downloading now