Old 08-24-2012   #2986
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, but unfortunately it suffers from the same old open world problem: Nothing to do after all the missions and favors are done.

But god damn, it's a really fun ride till then.
Old 09-01-2012   #2987
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Skyrim + ENB

PC mfking gaming.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #2988
voodoo
Highland Member
Veteran Member

voodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud of
you need to get the detailed areas mod for whiterun etc. Really adds to the atmosphere, I find the standard cities look bland and empty.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f...s/?id=79384336

edit:

Intel Core i5 750 @3.6Ghz || 8GB Corsair PC310600 || Nvidia GeForce GTX 780

Last edited by voodoo; 09-01-2012 at 08:46 AM..
voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #2989
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Ohh, thank you.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 09-16-2012   #2990
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Got this bike in arma 2 the last time I played, someone just left it out in the open.

Untill I got shot by some bastard, I now mostely shoot people on sight since no-one can be trusted anyhow

Killerfist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #2991
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
@Lukeyy19 That game actually looks like a lot of fun, never played it. Those tracks are really awesome too, I think I'll try them out (along with the game).

-Edit- Hmm xbox live arcade huh, that kinda killed the excitement. Those games are usually overpriced (alot)
Dragging up an old post here, but FYI Killerfist, it's been announced that Trials Evolution is coming out on PC.

Old 10-12-2012   #2992
Jose
Custom User Title

Jose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura about
I have some videos posted on my Youtube:
http://youtu.be/J9RLs4jvTyY
http://youtu.be/6nSwjfZmucE
http://youtu.be/fqXFQghDUaQ
http://youtu.be/QuCQqa_QGSA

Anyone know of some good video-editing freeware? I had a nice program but it was just a trial, ran out not too long ago

Last edited by Jose; 10-12-2012 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: 3000GET
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #2993
Piggus
Wicked Member

Sleeping Dogs

Max settings + high res texture pack except for AA, because high SSAA kills performance. Looks pretty much the same at medium and runs at 60 fps all the time.

CSS... lol, 900+ fps with 8x AA. Unbelievable that Valve can't get the Source engine to run at higher than 720p/30 fps on consoles.

BF3

Shooting at a jet as it's about to crash

Last edited by Piggus; 10-12-2012 at 11:21 PM..
Old 11-25-2012   #2994
Piggus
Wicked Member

AC3 (PC version maxed out)

Since I have an ATI card it's 4x MSAA + high quality FXAA apparently. On Nvidia it's TXAA or something. Either way the image quality is nice. Also the SSAO implementation in this game is nearly perfect. Combat is also beautiful in motion. Much better draw distance than consoles, and texture quality is way better. Will take snow pics later.

The start of an epic me vs everyone battle:

A few minutes later....

EDIT: Wow. We really need new consoles. This is a direct feed shot of the 360 version:

That's atrocious. I had no idea the difference was that huge.

Last edited by Piggus; 11-25-2012 at 02:56 AM..
Old 11-25-2012   #2995
mattt
(&) Delinquents
Addicted Member

mattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant future
SOASE:R

Old 11-25-2012   #2996
voodoo
Highland Member
Veteran Member

voodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud of
Lookin' purty Piggus.

Lol at the screenshot with all the bodies in it.

Intel Core i5 750 @3.6Ghz || 8GB Corsair PC310600 || Nvidia GeForce GTX 780
voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #2997
Piggus
Wicked Member

Ah... the magic of downsampling. And still at a solid locked 30 fps.

Biggest benefit is on stuff like ropes that isn't covered well by the AA. This is 2560x1440 with everything maxed including 4x MSAA. The result is near-perfect image quality.

Old 11-27-2012   #2998
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
lol how big is your pc monitor? Did you run into any problems with resolution btw? My usual 1680x1050 doesn't result in fullscreen, I had to go back to a lower resolution to get fullscreen. Never had that problem before

But I guess my monitor is wierd that way, it's labelled as having 1920x1080 native resolution but setting my desktop to that will result in black bars around the screen.
Old 11-27-2012   #2999
Piggus
Wicked Member

PC monitor is 24", but I have been playing AC3 on my TV (46"). Both are 1080p, not 2560x1440. I am forcing the game to internaly run at 2560x1440 and then the PC downsamples it to 1920x1080. The end result is really awesome anti-aliasing that works on every pixel, hence the very clean jaggy-free image. It's demanding, but AC3 never drops below 30fps, so I have it locked at that framerate.

I'm using the same technique with Dark Souls, Mass Effect 3, and Battlefield 3. BF3 generally stays above 60 fps even at that high resolution. I turned off MSAA in it since the downsampling does a better job at getting rid of aliasing.

For your monitor, look for a video card driver setting similar to "GPU Scaling." For ATi it's in the Flat Panel Displays settings in CCC. Not sure about Nvidia. Your monitor might have overscan settings in its menu as well.

Old 11-27-2012   #3000
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

I've got the same brand as you (but a 6950, same processor too without the K) so where would I find this exactly? Not really something I'm an expert at