Old 06-18-2009   #2311
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Mattt, what game is that?
Old 06-18-2009   #2312
mattt
(&) Delinquents
Addicted Member

mattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant future
Hay that rhymed
Would be called Dawn Of Discovery in the US.
Over here its known as Anno 1404
Old 06-18-2009   #2313
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
What the hell is Prototype even about? It looks like some generic mutant sandbox havoc-maker.
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009   #2314
the punisher
Ham

the punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
Hay that rhymed
Would be called Dawn Of Discovery in the US.
Over here its known as Anno 1404
Oh, you already have it? It looks pretty interesting, but I thought Anno 1404 was about the orient? These screens look more western.
Old 06-20-2009   #2315
mattt
(&) Delinquents
Addicted Member

mattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant future
Nah its only the demo, it doesn't come out till the 26th over here. Im expecting to pick it up then

But yeah i agree it looks quite caribbeany, like 1701, although it just depends on the islands you goto, the orient islands are more sand like and occupied by Indians etc.. while you play as westerners making their way into the orient during the crusade times from what ive gathered.

If you like city building games or RTS's, this is a must have, its not a massive improvement over 1701 but it just feels more...polished then that did, nice things have been added and improved upon from their last outing with the series.

Heres a few more screens to whet your appetite

Old 06-20-2009   #2316
the punisher
Ham

the punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Nah its only the demo, it doesn't come out till the 26th over here. Im expecting to pick it up then
The screens look great, I'm downloading the demo now but it's pretty slow on GamersHell. Is it on any other websites? I can't find it on Steam...
Old 06-20-2009   #2317
mattt
(&) Delinquents
Addicted Member

I got it from here Dawn Of Discovery

I never download from Gamershell anymore, they used to be king of speedy downloads, but they're proper shocking now. Fileshacks the best now imo

Oh and have you ever played an Anno game before?
Old 06-20-2009   #2318
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
@mattt: man that game is crazy! what's its name? Civilization or something? I probably get it
Old 06-20-2009   #2319
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
Quote:

I never download from Gamershell anymore, they used to be king of speedy downloads, but they're proper shocking now. Fileshacks the best now imo

Does it feature combat between different cities. Also how big is the demo.
Old 06-20-2009   #2320
mattt
(&) Delinquents
Addicted Member

It does, although its not the main focus of the game, there's ship to ship combat, and land/island invasions. The demos like 1.6GB or something silly like that, and it only lets you play for an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by behzad_sol View Post
@mattt: man that game is crazy! what's its name? Civilization or something? I probably get it
I've said the name of it like 3 times now man lol, but ill say it again.

Anno 1404 (Europe)
Dawn Of Discovery (US)
Old 06-20-2009   #2321
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
It does, although its not the main focus of the game, there's ship to ship combat, and land/island invasions. The demos like 1.6GB or something silly like that, and it only lets you play for an hour.

I've said the name of it like 3 times now man lol, but ill say it again.

Anno 1404 (Europe)
Dawn Of Discovery (US)
oh my bad, I'm a forgetful
Old 06-20-2009   #2322
the punisher
Ham

Quote:

Nah, never played an Anno game before but this looks pretty interesting. I'm downloading the demo now.
Old 06-21-2009   #2323
mattt
(&) Delinquents
Addicted Member

You might get a little bit stuck, with knowing what to do and how lay out your buildings properly to get the best from them and keeping your citizens happy. Just let me know if you have and questions about anything
Old 06-26-2009   #2324
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Trine Demo

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009   #2325
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
another RPG style game like Oblivion Piggus?

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote