Old 07-20-2006   #181
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
You should turn up your resolution, mang. Even if it's only to 1024x768 with some Anti-Aliasing. Your card is more than capable.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #182
UnKnown X
Registered Sex Offender

UnKnown X is just really niceUnKnown X is just really niceUnKnown X is just really niceUnKnown X is just really niceUnKnown X is just really niceUnKnown X is just really niceUnKnown X is just really niceUnKnown X is just really niceUnKnown X is just really niceUnKnown X is just really niceUnKnown X is just really nice
Online I'm more comfy with low-res, anyway.

I do best at 640*480 and 800*600
UnKnown X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #183
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Playing COD2 demo a bit. cbf'd to obtain it, so here it is. Actually works on my Radeon 9250 o_o

Excuse the huge sizes, PNG is lossless

Last edited by Shadow Conception; 07-21-2006 at 12:57 PM..
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006   #184
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute

Lawl. GMOD ftw.

@SC: That game is a graphics hog, but looks good still in DX8 mode. The demo doesn't give you the option to turn on shadows and increase texture resolution. Those are what kill FPS. I can almost have everything maxed, but not quite.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006   #185
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of

Hmm, Doom III goes at around 15-20FPS on Ultra Settings on 640x480, with everything but AA enabled. But it looks ugly. Really ugly.

I'm going to try COD2 on my dad's laptop, next, Dell XPS M140. Came with an integrated GMA950, but I'd like to see how it compares with my dedicated graphics card. I'll also be running 3DMark 03 on it.
Old 07-22-2006   #186
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
SC, you are aware that for good performance at Ultra, you need a 512 mb GPU right?
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006   #187
TheNamelessGuy
tässä lukee jänniä asioita.

TheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura about
Interesting screens of me being killed in CoD 2 (multiplayer)

Old 07-22-2006   #188
Shadow Conception

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky
SC, you are aware that for good performance at Ultra, you need a 512 mb GPU right?
Yep. Close enough, I'm at 256mb
Old 07-23-2006   #189
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
Rawr. I <3 my little nVidia 6200 256 mb.

Doom 3: 640x480, Ultra Quality, All effects, no AA or vsync, windowed (Flat panel, ya see.) I got ~30+fps (even with several enimies shooting).

Over 500 mb needed my ass.

Last edited by Husky; 07-23-2006 at 09:08 AM..
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #190
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Can't beat the classics sometimes...

Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #191
Fox
Good gracious, ass is bodacious!

Fox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus
It's currently the best form of lighting that's possible in real-time on a wide range of graphics cards. We're still a few years away from full global elumination in real-time. There's only one game engine I know of that supports GI in real-time and that's on the PS3. Besides, HDR looks a hell of a lot better than no HDR in CSS. I could take some comparison screens if you want.
Shader Model 2.0 HDRR isn't done through FP16 blending and isn't as precise (8-bit as opposed to SM3 at 32-bit). That's possibly why it isn't particularly impressive in CS: Source. The difference is quite noticeable in AOE3. Of course the use of SM3 allows for a performance advantage that'll permit higher quality settings for your card (ie crank things up in the driver control panel, in game or up the resolution) and so indirectly the games are better looking. I play CS without it because I find it to be a hindrance from a competitive perspective.

Last edited by Fox; 07-23-2006 at 10:22 AM..
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #192
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Half Life: Opposing Force with the redux mod.

This mod is so much better than the high def pack.

EDit: ohh,ffs...Stupid JPG quality... here are some better ones...

Last edited by Lynk; 07-23-2006 at 01:38 PM..
Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #193
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky
Rawr. I <3 my little nVidia 6200 256 mb.

Doom 3: 640x480, Ultra Quality, All effects, no AA or vsync, windowed (Flat panel, ya see.) I got ~30+fps (even with several enimies shooting).
http://rappo.gtagaming.com/upload/fi...1153666983.png
Over 500 mb needed my ass.
That doesn't look like Ultra to me. You shouldn't even be playing on Ultra. Look up the Doom III tweak guide and get it looking better.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #194
Ramboyf5
Banned
Banned

Ramboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura about
Having some fun in cs_assault.

Ramboyf5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006   #195
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Pushing scientists into the test chamber in Half-Life

Last edited by Lynk; 07-30-2006 at 05:23 AM..
Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote