Old 07-18-2006   #166
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus
It supports SM3, but that's not going to help framerate much. It only allows for HDR and soft shadows in some games which you probably wouldn't want to enable anyway with that card. If you want shader power, get an 8800 or R600 when they come out as they both have SM4.

CSS by the way. This is an example of how a game engine should be built. HDR support for SM2 cards as well.

Wow, that's awesome o_o

I'm stuck with an awful card, doesn't even support SM 2.0, it's stuck at SM 1.4, really old technology.

I can't even dream of getting a next generation card due to the fact I'm stuck on PCI >_<
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #167
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't even look that good for supposedly being such an awesome effect.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #168
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
HDR hurts my eyes. I need to wear sunglasses on de_dust.
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #169
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin
Doesn't even look that good for supposedly being such an awesome effect.
It's currently the best form of lighting that's possible in real-time on a wide range of graphics cards. We're still a few years away from full global elumination in real-time. There's only one game engine I know of that supports GI in real-time and that's on the PS3. Besides, HDR looks a hell of a lot better than no HDR in CSS. I could take some comparison screens if you want.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #170
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
It's currently the best form of lighting that's possible in real-time on a wide range of graphics cards.
Best form of lighting is defined as not even being able to see your crosshair on some maps because it's that bright?

I was wrong, you need sunglasses, and sunscreen to play with HDR.
Old 07-19-2006   #171
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
I don't see even global illumination happening on the PS3. It's way to graphics intensive, unless you can somehow handle a game at 15FPS.

Of course, if they watered it down a bit, it would be appropriate, but for now, developers are still trying to tweak HDR to the max before tinkering with any more next generation lighting.
Old 07-19-2006   #172
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
It's currently the best form of lighting that's possible in real-time on a wide range of graphics cards. We're still a few years away from full global elumination in real-time. There's only one game engine I know of that supports GI in real-time and that's on the PS3. Besides, HDR looks a hell of a lot better than no HDR in CSS. I could take some comparison screens if you want.
That may be true, but it's still not pleasing enough to lose so many frames over.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #173
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
That's the only map in which I notice a drop in FPS, and it has more to do with the high level of geometry than the HDR. By a noticable drop I mean 30 fps, where I usually get a consistant 45 to 100.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #174
Rylo
Legendary Mem- Oh wait :(
Banned

Rylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the rough

Rylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #175
DiscoBombs

Modified the Esperanto for Vice City.

I shall be making more when I'm not feeling as lazy. I still have some improvement I wish to make to this one too.
Old 07-19-2006   #176
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Just messing around with some new mod on San Andreas...

Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #177
Rylo
Banned

Rylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the rough
Looks good Husky.
What mod is that ash?
Old 07-19-2006   #178
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
It's the Solid Liberty City Mod, makes the whole Liberty City area in San Andreas Solid so you can walk around it without falling through the floor, it also adds a teleport to it at LS airport. You can find it Here.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #179
Shadow Conception

Doing a little Quake III: Arena campaign.

Last edited by Shadow Conception; 07-19-2006 at 10:55 PM..
Old 07-20-2006   #180
Rylo
Banned

Jackhammer and I's secret hiding spot. =]

I love to surf the UFO.