Old 07-13-2006   #151
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
You should use it more to its fullest, because for that card those screens aren't all that great.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #152
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Wouldn't be that much of a big step up, you'd be better off with the 7600GT, or even the 7900GT if you have a bit more money to blow.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #153
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
The X850 quite a bit more powerful than the 7600GT and is a pretty big step up from the X700 actually. I noticed a pretty big difference between even the X800 pro and the X850 XT PE.

If you're upgrading now though, SM3 or even a DX10 card is the way to go.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #154
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Someone please send me an old AGP card that supports SM3 and DX9, dammit (can't be FX series). >
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #155
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus
The X850 quite a bit more powerful than the 7600GT and is a pretty big step up from the X700 actually. I noticed a pretty big difference between even the X800 pro and the X850 XT PE.

If you're upgrading now though, SM3 or even a DX10 card is the way to go.
You'd be better off with the 7600GT, as it supposedly supports improved shader models and stuff.

Dunno, really. 7900GT is the way to go imo.
Old 07-14-2006   #156
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
In the end I just might be gettting a X1900XT 512MB kk?

[img][/img]

click me
Lao Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006   #157
Ramboyf5
Banned
Banned

Ramboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura aboutRamboyf5 has a spectacular aura about
Doom 3 on old PC.

Ramboyf5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006   #158
Shadow Conception

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Boy
In the end I just might be gettting a X1900XT 512MB kk?
I hope that wasn't sarcasm. That's a rwnage card.
Old 07-14-2006   #159
Rylo
Legendary Mem- Oh wait :(
Banned

Rylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the rough

Me and and Jackhammer having some fun in SA-MP.
Rylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006   #160
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Conception
You'd be better off with the 7600GT, as it supposedly supports improved shader models and stuff.

Dunno, really. 7900GT is the way to go imo.
It supports SM3, but that's not going to help framerate much. It only allows for HDR and soft shadows in some games which you probably wouldn't want to enable anyway with that card. If you want shader power, get an 8800 or R600 when they come out as they both have SM4.

CSS by the way. This is an example of how a game engine should be built. HDR support for SM2 cards as well.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 07-15-2006   #161
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Conception
I hope that wasn't sarcasm. That's a rwnage card.
I know, it wasn't. :p

[img][/img]

click me
Old 07-15-2006   #162
Piggus
Wicked Member

OMFG

SA-MP is the coolest GTA mod ever. At the moment it's much better than MTA in my opinion.

That is just pwnage.

Old 07-15-2006   #163
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Piggus, we're organising a game tonight. Not sure about time, but we'll make a thread.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006   #164
Piggus
Wicked Member

I might be able to join, but it's 3:25 here and I have a concert to go to tomarow. I might be able to catch you guys before I go though.

Old 07-15-2006   #165
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

I could free up some space, install GTA: SA and we can play, but then again I am going to the movies today...

[img][/img]

click me