Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2014   #1
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Do you still physically buy games?

Well?

It struck me this morning that The Last Of Us was the last game I bought on disc format and that was well over 15 months ago. All my recent purchases I've bought through PS Store or on Steam. It's becoming handy due to the amount of space a decent game library can take up. My only worry is when Sony inevitably shuts down the PS3 services.
Old 09-08-2014   #2
Offended_by_Everything
Social Justice Warrior

Offended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond repute
On PC, I haven't bought a physical copy of a game since Far Cry 3, two years ago. My Steam list has over 300 games, but I don't think I've bought even 20 of those in the last six months.
On consoles, however, I still buy pretty much all games on discs. The only downloadable games I have on any of my consoles are games that I can't get otherwise (like the Abe's Oddysee remake), or that I got for free through Playstation Plus.
That said, I rarely buy any game full-price, and got my entire PS4 library so far second-hand.
Offended_by_Everything is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014   #3
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
I recently bought an XbOne and it came with two games so I got those on disc, but before that the last disc I had bought was GTA V

I'm not even getting destiny on disc
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014   #4
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
sometimes
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014   #5
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
PC: never, last physical copy was World Of Warcraft: Mists Of Pandaria, next expansion I bought digitally

Console: always a physical copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014   #6
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Last physical copy of a pc game was gta eflc I think. Been steam ever since. Still buy physical copies for console, but the last game I got on console was gta v on release day

Digital all the way, imo
Old 09-09-2014   #7
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
Last physical copy of a pc game was gta eflc I think. Been steam ever since. Still buy physical copies for console, but the last game I got on console was gta v on release day

Digital all the way, imo
My only worry about digital on console would be when the service shuts down. With Steam you'd never have to worry.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8
Gui
meh...

Gui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura about
Haven't bought a game, physical or digital in a while. GTA V was the last game i've bought but before that all my purchases were physical outside of the occasional live arcade game. In the future i can see myself going the digital route though to get games on release day instead of waiting for them via mail and i think i already have enough videogame cases lying around.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gui View Post
Haven't bought a game, physical or digital in a while. GTA V was the last game i've bought but before that all my purchases were physical outside of the occasional live arcade game. In the future i can see myself going the digital route though to get games on release day instead of waiting for them via mail and i think i already have enough videogame cases lying around.
If you haven't bought a game in a while, second hand games are the way to go. Got Dark Souls for a tenner last week, and that game is hours upon hours of replayabilty.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #10
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
I can't even remember the last PC game I got a physical copy of. Might have been WoW back in 2004. All the expansions I've gotten digitally. Everything else has come off Steam.

I'll get the physical copy for consoles. Unless it's an indie game. Which is usually digital only anyway.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #11
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Not on PC unless it's something like Skyrim that comes with a nice map.

50/50 or so on console. Just depends on the game.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #12
Hacker379
Elitemods Moderation Team

Hacker379 will become famous soon enoughHacker379 will become famous soon enoughHacker379 will become famous soon enoughHacker379 will become famous soon enoughHacker379 will become famous soon enoughHacker379 will become famous soon enoughHacker379 will become famous soon enoughHacker379 will become famous soon enoughHacker379 will become famous soon enoughHacker379 will become famous soon enough
for now I just modding and playing GTA SA!
last game I bought was Call Of Duty Ghosts
Hacker379 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #13
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, always
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #14
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
Only for Wii U.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #15
Japisee
Addicted Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
whatever's the cheapest
Japisee is offline   Reply With Quote