Old 03-10-2010   #1
Mike22k

Mike22k will become famous soon enoughMike22k will become famous soon enoughMike22k will become famous soon enoughMike22k will become famous soon enoughMike22k will become famous soon enoughMike22k will become famous soon enoughMike22k will become famous soon enoughMike22k will become famous soon enoughMike22k will become famous soon enough
Bar Work

I started work in my second bar last year and I'm still there. It's a Wetherspoons for you British folk, which is more of a restaurant during the day but at nights and especially weekends turns into a very popular watering hole. I recently got promoted to Team Leader and plan to move to Glasgow later this year to take up a managing position.

So does anyone else work in or has worked in a bar and if so what do you think of that line of work? I personally love it, it's such a social job and sucks a bit at first seeing your mates out drinking and you're working but you soon get over it and are able to have a laugh with them while working.
Old 03-10-2010   #2
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
mikey baby!

I used to do some holiday work in a local restaurant/bar. I'm mainly a waiter there, but do bar work occasionally too. I used to work at luton town FC and did the bars for the suites. It was OK, but wasn't as sociable as I imagine working in a spoons is - I didn't know any of the rich people on a personal level All the people I worked with were awesome though, so that made up for it.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010   #3
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I got all the certificates i needed to be able to work in a bar and anywhere that there's gambling, but i've never worked in one. I reckon itd be a pretty sweet job but. Especially up here in brisbane where i have no friends to be jealous of lol.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010   #4
Atrolla
Banned
Banned

Atrolla is infamous around these partsAtrolla is infamous around these partsAtrolla is infamous around these partsAtrolla is infamous around these partsAtrolla is infamous around these partsAtrolla is infamous around these partsAtrolla is infamous around these partsAtrolla is infamous around these parts
I got offered a job at a Tavern a bit from mine, was really considering it for a while but it just wasnt practical for transport. (No busses running late at night etc)

Would like to do something like that eventually though
Atrolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #5
scott
....whuuuut?

scott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud of
i work in a smith & jones pub, same thing as wetherspoons, food in the day, friday and saturday nights theres a DJ and we're open till 1. really enjoy it, hopefully will get a managers position eventually.