Old 11-01-2004   #1
nathius

no sound hardware

hi guys,

I have noticed that the "no sound hardware" problem for Vice City (and GTA3), seems to be a common one. But it doesn't matter how hard I look, I can't seem to find a solution. My computer has all of the recommended requirements and fully updated audio drivers.

Have people found a way to fix the problem? Or have the people who have the problem just given up?

Since it seems to be so common, I was wondering if anyone has had the problem and fixed it, and if so, how?
Old 11-01-2004   #2
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
What sound card so you have? If it isn't direct x compatible, that could be the problem.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #3
nathius

The sound card is Direct X compatable. The card is a Cmedia AC97. I have sound on everything else on my computer (as well as the Vice City intro video), but when I go to select audio options, it says I have no audio hardware. As well, I have no sound in the game.
Old 11-01-2004   #4
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Got to 'My Documents\GTA Vice City User Files' and delete 'gta_vc.set.'

If that doesn't work, reinstall Vice City.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #5
nathius

Still no luck. Any other idea's? What is the general reason for the problem? If it is conflicting with other stuff on my computer, maybe I should try to find out what it is.
Old 11-05-2004   #6
MAD MAN

MAD MAN is an unknown quantity at this point
check the game options maybe or yor computer sounds options..

want me to make you a sig like mine? PM me and be sure to get one
MAD MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004   #7
felix the cat to be

felix the cat to be is an unknown quantity at this point
all i can you can do is reinstall the game or reinstall your sound card and it might work :happy:

[HMMM....COOCKIESS...]
[Oh wait...i got coockies...im on the dark side]
felix the cat to be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004   #8
nathius

Seems like I am destined for no sound. Tried everything (except reinstalling the sound card- but with THE latest drivers, I hardly see how this would make any difference). Still, thanks for the help, and all I can do is hope that another who has had this problem, and lived to hear the game will come to my rescue. . Thanks all the same.
Old 11-11-2004   #9
nathius

if anyone has this problem, drop a post in saying so. maybe we can work together to try and find a solution for this thing?!