Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Off Topic & Unrelated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2004   #31
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Nako
hey, i just got paint shop pro 9 and have started making a sig, how do you make the gif for the sig from a .mpg clip & what other programs should i use?
yea, could sum1 answer this please, i need to know which other programs i need to use aswell, thx
Gupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004   #32
D00M3

Okay the last time I used imageshack I discovered some dodgy *.exe files in my C:\ and Windows directory. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, or if they have been a victim of spyware from a free hosting site?
Old 11-23-2004   #33
K-evin
███`

Location: K-evin,a evolution breed of the plant eaters, its big wings of paper gives him the abilitie to fly across the countryside with a dodo as hat. His HP points are over 100 so dont screw with him.
K-evin will become famous soon enoughK-evin will become famous soon enoughK-evin will become famous soon enoughK-evin will become famous soon enoughK-evin will become famous soon enoughK-evin will become famous soon enoughK-evin will become famous soon enoughK-evin will become famous soon enough
wtf thbe forums are fcked up again, i didnt make this thread ! why ! why Don and me ?
K-evin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004   #34
D00M3

Because of the conspiracy. Don't ask me any questions, just wait outside the donut shop at 7:32 tomorrow morning for more information.
Old 11-28-2004   #35
giant-mini

giant-mini is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for dat
giant-mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #36
scotty g

scotty g is an unknown quantity at this point
that helps a lot
scotty g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004   #37
Don
Random Member

Don is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to behold
nice to see that this really helps

and yeah, sucks that your name is on the off topic page as topic starter, K-evin :p (I'm not saying that i hate to see your name.. but.. y'know.. i made this )
Old 12-31-2004   #38
Darkel™

Darkel™ is on a distinguished roadDarkel™ is on a distinguished road
I've got a question. In a signature, how do you change link colors? I've seen some people who've made it so that instead of being pink, the links in their sigs are white, or red, etc. Yet, I've used the [color] tag and it doesn't seem to work (it changes text color but not links). What am I doing wrong?
Darkel™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005   #39
Alien Biobsy

Alien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura about
could someone please ad a little movie of the citroen C4 advert where the car starts dancing. in the middle of the sig >> heres the link http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=18560

thanks. i will give credit
Old 01-03-2005   #40
Drags

how do i add an avatar, i try but it doesnt work.
Old 01-03-2005   #41
Don
Random Member

Don is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to behold
Yeah i have problems with uploading avatars in here aswell. it says 'succeed' but it failed really. Just do it again.. and again.. and again.. and it'll work after a while. It's stupid i know but I can't do anything to it
Old 01-03-2005   #42
Drags

k thanks, i'll keep trying.
Old 01-03-2005   #43
Don
Random Member

Saving as .jpg mostly works too if you haven't already
Old 01-03-2005   #44
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkel™
I've got a question. In a signature, how do you change link colors? I've seen some people who've made it so that instead of being pink, the links in their sigs are white, or red, etc. Yet, I've used the [color] tag and it doesn't seem to work (it changes text color but not links). What am I doing wrong?
i think its: [url=blahblahblah*][colour]title[colour][/url*]

without the * obviously
Gupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #45
Ahsan Aka Sean

Ahsan Aka Sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How to use Avatars and Signatures

Quote:
Originally posted by Don
This thread is set up for (mostly) the newer members, just to help you guys out with using signatures and avatars. This thread will explain everything you need to know in order to use an avatar or signature (shortened: sig)

let's start with the easiest part, the

First of all, get yourself a nice image that you like you use as an avatar. Make sure you resize it to 70 by 70 pixels, otherwise you aren't able to upload it on edgeforums.net.
Resizing images isn't hard, you can do it with every image program, even MSpaint.
You also have to notice the file size, it can't be bigger then 25000 bytes, if it's more.. then too bad, you can't use it. Saving images as .jpeg , .gif or .png always helps to reduce the file size, so make sure it's saved in one of those formats.

Once you have your avatar all done, go to the forums, and click on the button, that will lead you to your User Controll Panel.
Click on 'Edit Options', and scroll down a bit, untill you see the Avatar settings on the bottom. As you look to the right, there's a 'Change Avatar' button, click on it.
Now, you can either choose an available avatar that's already uploaded on the site, or upload your custom avatar. We're going for the custom avatar, ofcourse.
scroll down a little bit, and there's a 'Browse' button, click it and select your saved avatar. Once you've found it and clicked on 'Open', click on 'Submit Modifications' to finish the process.
You're avatar is now uploaded and done, everyone can now see it under your username at all your posts.
that wasn't that hard, was it

this might be a little harder, using signatures.

SIGNATURES
firsts off all again, the signature size limit is 550 pixels wide and 200 pixels high. anything bigger then this size will gain your a warning point, as it's set in the rules. Also, make sure that you saved .jpeg , .gif or .png again, since it reduces the file size alot.
so.. the signature. Once you're done creating your signature and you've saved it, you need to upload it somewhere. some random sites that upload images for free are imagetown picturetrail imageshack and photobucket. There are more, see which one you like.
Uploading isn't hard, it's the same as uploading your avatar on this site. Every site has a slight differend uploading system, but they all end up to be the same so it shouldn't be a problem to upload your signature.
Once you've uploaded it, Copy and paste the URL of the image. this can be done by right-clicking on the image itself. Go to 'Properties' and copy the URL that has been given. (it says 'Location' for Mozilla users)
Once you've copied the URL, go to edgeforums.net and click on the
button again. It leads to your User Controll Panel (in case you haven't read the Avatar part). Click on 'Edit Profile'. Scroll down a bit, and there's a box with 'Signature' written at the left side. Copy the URL of your signature in that box, and add [img] tags. I'll explain how to use them..

let's pretend that this is the signature you want to use: the URL for this image is this:

http://www.edgeforums.net/images/gta/vb_bullet.gif

In order to see the image without seeing the URL, you need to place it between image tags which can be done like this (copy and paste the upcoming URL with [img] tags to see the image)

if you change the URL that between these image tags with the URL of your signature, then you can see it pretty easy huh.

place the URL of your signature with [img] tags in the signature box, and click on 'Submit Modifications' on the bottom.

*note: don't forget to enter your password on top of the 'Edit Profile' menu, otherwise you can't change anything, so you can't change your signature aswell.

Now, you're signature is ready for everone to be seen, under all of your posts.

I really hope this helps you guys out, if you don't know how to do it. If there's still questions, post them here, otherwise, don't ruin this thread with posts like 'oh man that's aload of text you got there' and stuff. It took me 30 minutes to write this so keep this thread clean alright

thanks

Thank you for your help and can you tell me a site where i can find imgs like cartoons or whatever cause i seem to not know and i want to know how and where can you create your own sig? I am extremely sorry if i didnt go with the rules cause i am knew to this. it says in the rules "Dont ask how to be a moderator" and i dont know if it is against the rule to ask how to creat your own sig! so that's why!
Ahsan Aka Sean is offline   Reply With Quote