Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Off Topic & Unrelated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2005   #271
ClashOfTheMetalHeads

ClashOfTheMetalHeads is an unknown quantity at this point
Having some issues uploading a new avatar...

I know how to upload them, its the same as any other forum, but for some reason no matter what I do, it seems to refuse to replace my current avatar. Even tried turning off "Keep", yet to no avail. This stupid thing won't let me bloody upload an ava, and I've followed the specifications. It's 70x70 and only 13kb.
ClashOfTheMetalHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005   #272
Don
Random Member

Don is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to behold
Hit Ctrl and F5 simultaneously right when you upload your avatar. Deletes the cache of a page It should work then.

Using Internet Explorer might work, too.
Old 11-18-2005   #273
ClashOfTheMetalHeads

ClashOfTheMetalHeads is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Don
Hit Ctrl and F5 simultaneously right when you upload your avatar. Deletes the cache of a page It should work then.

Using Internet Explorer might work, too.
It seemed to have changed itself. Just not immediately. I closed down Netscape came back after a little while and my avatar had changed. Guess the uploading just takes alot longer then I'm used to.
ClashOfTheMetalHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005   #274
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
If you hit Ctrl+Shift+R it'll force everything on the page to refresh. You may need to do that after uploading an avatar.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005   #275
Shadow Ninja

Thanks
Old 01-07-2006   #276
PRIMO
a metard
Newbie Member

PRIMO is an unknown quantity at this point
I was wondering if you can make sigs out of ms paint
PRIMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006   #277
Cauhl
Almost 100% complete VCS!

Cauhl is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey can somebody check out these two threads and make me a sig if they can.

http://www.edgeforums.net/showthread...threadid=64249
http://www.edgeforums.net/showthread...threadid=64386

Thanks
Old 01-21-2006   #278
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
hey guys, I'm really not good with sigs, so I wondered if someone could scale this pic to a certain size, so i can use it as a sig, like the long, wide ones evry1 has.
http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=resi46em.jpg
Cheers.

Many thanks to The Shy Child for the sig,
XBL GT: USASoccerStar93
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006   #279
Static
Shocking Member
Loyal Member

Static will become famous soon enoughStatic will become famous soon enoughStatic will become famous soon enoughStatic will become famous soon enoughStatic will become famous soon enoughStatic will become famous soon enoughStatic will become famous soon enoughStatic will become famous soon enough
Dude that's a bit small.
Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006   #280
voodoo
Highland Member
Veteran Member

voodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarface05
hey guys, I'm really not good with sigs, so I wondered if someone could scale this pic to a certain size, so i can use it as a sig, like the long, wide ones evry1 has.
http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=resi46em.jpg
Cheers.
You could only scale that picture up and that would result in a really shoddy image quality.

Intel Core i5 750 @3.6Ghz || 8GB Corsair PC310600 || Nvidia GeForce GTX 780
voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006   #281
Cauhl
Almost 100% complete VCS!

Cauhl is an unknown quantity at this point
I tried but it looked silly. U need to give a bigger pic
Old 04-19-2006   #282
INSANEGOD

what do you use to get the cool sigs and avatars like static and and shadow ninja all i know to use is paint and my sigs look like a 1 graders pictures wich sucks.
Old 04-20-2006   #283
voodoo
Highland Member
Veteran Member

voodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud of
Most people use Paint Sho Pro or Photoshop but these cost money. You can, however, download free trials. A good free alternative is a program called GIMP, try googling for it.

I would highly reccomend Photoshop, you can view online tutorials on how to make great images and the 30 days trial they usually give you is a decent time to make some nice images.

Old 07-01-2006   #284
The Dave
Straight Fuckin' Original

The Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
Most people use Paint Sho Pro or Photoshop but these cost money. You can, however, download free trials. A good free alternative is a program called GIMP, try googling for it.

I would highly reccomend Photoshop, you can view online tutorials on how to make great images and the 30 days trial they usually give you is a decent time to make some nice images.
If you got the money go ahead, and buy photoshop.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/

Last edited by The Dave; 07-08-2006 at 03:26 PM..
The Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006   #285
voodoo
Highland Member
Veteran Member

Obtaining Photoshop from a P2P network is warez and is not allowed on these forums. Hence why I did not mention it.